Fezlington
Years ago

Jalen Rose signs with the Suns

A little over a week after being waived by the Knicks, 12-year NBA veteran free agent Jalen Rose signed with the Suns Tuesday.

Got pickup for the Suns

surprised no one else tried to get him

Topic #9299 | Report this topic

Jasmine  
Years ago

I thought the Heat tried.

Reply #105226 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

You think Noone else tried? He narrowed it down to the Heat & the Suns and went with the suns

Reply #105236 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah, even though he has lost a step in his quickness, he can still drop 15 points a game in his sleep. Great pickup at just over the veterans minimum. He doesn't care, still got close to 15 mill off the knicks, plus the extra mill and a half off the suns.

Great for the Suns, they don't rely heavily on defence, which suits Jalen. He also seems ready to accept a reserve role, which bodes well.

Reply #105250 | Report this post

camsurmo  
Years ago

isnt Jalen still getting payed by michigan or was that Webber. Either way Jalen Rose has no money problems and is way passed his ability to be effective. far cry from his days in Indiana. Phoenix will pick anyone up these days. we could be looking at 4 New teams in the east/west Conference finals this year.

Reply #105252 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

"isnt Jalen still getting payed by michigan or was that Webber"

WTF??

Reply #105265 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

M Dizzle....i know other teams wouldve tried, but seriously

The Suns?

The are struggling, and i personally think they need alot more than Jalen to get back to what they achieved last season

Same as the Heat......i cant see them repeating

Rose couldve gone to the Spurs, Mavericks, Detroit or any other up and coming team than the Suns

They lack big men. ...and will struggle if Amare doesnt hold up for the whole season

Reply #105267 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

I think Jalen will playa very similar role to Joe Johnson two years back. i think he'll do very well getting wide open 3's thnx to Nash. Still cant believe NY waived him though

Reply #105278 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Fezlington, the suns played without Amare for nearly all of last year and still made the western finals! Somehow i dont think they will struggle regardless if he's healthy or not.

Reply #105281 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

I honestly find it amusing the amount of people who throw all predictions out the window and assume the first 4 games of the season sign a clubs fate for the next 78. Looks like Philly are headed deep into the playoffs then!!

Reply #105282 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Dizzle, get it right, Philly to going all the way baby...... pffft

Rose talk to the Heat, Suns and his hometown Detroit. The Suns are the best fit out of the three and he should get some minutes behind Bell.

IMO I think it was a dumb idea by Isiah to buy him out. His contract was too valuable to just pay out. He comes of the books next year which would help the Knicks move back towards the salary cap luxury tax limit. He was an expiring contract. At worst Isiah should of stood him down, (ala Skiles and TT last year) and just waited for the contract to expire, and best kept him and played him sparingly.

It ends up costing the Suns less than the vet's minimum. I think the NBA actually picks up about $750k of his salary.

Reply #105285 | Report this post

Jeff Cha  
Years ago

There has been bad blood between Thomas and Rose since their days at Indiana. Thomas now has charge and Rose gets spiked. He apprently received 14 of the near 17mill he was owed for this season from NY

Reply #105295 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

True....Amare didnt play much of last season

I think Tim Thomas was a huge loss for them

He was one of the main reasons they got past the Lakers in last seasons playoffs

I think Amare needs to play out the year for them to have the same success

Time will tell i guess

Reply #105298 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Rose got a great payout from the Knicks. It was around $14.6m from memory, not much difference since he was owed $16.8m this year. If someone offered me $14.6m for doing zero I'd be taking that offer 10 times out of 10.

I still think Isiah was mad. If the bad blood does still exsist, send him away and let him expire on the side and get some benefit from the stupid contract.

TT was a huge loss for the Suns, and I'm sure they are banking on Rose to fill TT's role from last year.

Reply #105311 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754