Johnny Sack
Years ago

Andrew Bynum

Wow - a pick that a lot of people smirked (me included) at a little over a year ago is looking like a work of genius... I know it's early days but he has been nothing short of amazing in the openers - for a kid that has just had his 19th birthday and was supposed to be years off contributing... This guy is the real "Baby Shaq" (psssst... and he can shoot free throws)...

Topic #9302 | Report this topic

Fezlington  
Years ago

Todays numbers for Bynum

29:21 6-9 FG
8-10 FT
2 Off Reb
12 Def Reb
14 Total Reb
3 Blocks
20 Pts

Kareem has been working with him

Still only 19 Years of Age

Could he be the next Centre to dominate the league in a few seasons?

Reply #105299 | Report this post

Years ago

I generally think it takes a player until 6 years out of high school until you can really judge them as a success or failure in the NBA. This is generally 4 years of college, and 2 in the league (around 24 years of age). At this pace, Bynum is on course to be the next Shaq.

Reply #105304 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Lakers are gonna have some playing time problems this season when Brown and Mihm come back. Mihm & Brown are by no means stars but they deserve a spot in the rotation. They signed radmanovic for 30 mil, cook just signed an extension, and walton is playing great so far. That's a loaded front court around Odom....however they way bynumm is playin u don't wanna hinder his development

Reply #105305 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I would go for a lineup something like this if i was the lakers when Mihm and Brown are healthy

Starting

PG - Parker
SG - Kobe
SF - Odom
PF - Brown
C - Bynum

Reserves

Evans
Farmer
Walton
Cook or Turiaf
Mihm

That starting lineup would be hard to matchup on....alot of high in the front court

I agree but.......bynum needs the court time to develop....and if he continues to perform like this....Brown or Mihm will find it hard to get back into the starting lineup

Especially with avgs of

11 pts, 6 reb, 2 ass in just 19 mminutes a game

Reply #105316 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Here's a question for Laker fans, would you guys be willing to part with Bynum and stuff for KG???

Just interested given the recent discussions in the Randy Foye thread. I read earlier in the week (can't remember where) that KG could option out of his contract at the end of next season and a possible place to sign as a free agent would be the Lakers. Sort of like the Malone/Payton thing.

Reply #105321 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

I dont think we'll see radmanovic on his backside for 48 mins a game. They paid big money for him and when Kobe gets going hes going to have wide open looks all game.

Reply #105323 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

as a lakers fan its a tough on TR

Im not sure if i would give Bynum up

The kid is 19 and showing alot of potential

KG is a gun, and teamed with Kobe and Odom (if possible) could bring another title to LA this season or in the coming seasons.

On the downside, KG is 30 and nearing the end of his career....bynums has yet to begin

I would like to see the Lakers keep this young band of players together and gel the team around Kobe & Odom

Reply #105324 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

that's pretty much my feeling Fezlington. It's such a line ball call I'd hate to have to make it. On other ball sites it seems the Wolves fan would want Bynum in any deal involving KG, if I'm Buss I'm shrugging my shoulders.

Reply #105325 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

If Bynum continues his good form at some stage the Lakers will have to look at trading either Mihm or Brown. Mihm would have much more trade value but the decision may need to come sooner rather than later as this is a contract year for him. That would free up space in the front court for Odom, Brown, Bynum, Walton, Turiaf and Vlade. I think Walton is in a contract year, the Lakers would want to be re-sign him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mihm and Parker packaged together to fetch a point guard. Cook has become obsolete with the signing of Vlade and Vujacic has gotten little court time at the point since rookie Farmar has come along as a back-up. Maybe either Cook or Vujacic could be thrown in with a deal as well.

Either way the Lakers do have the pieces to strengthen their somewhat skinny back court but won't be able to garnish a superstar.

That's my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.

Reply #105359 | Report this post

Years ago

Jasmine, I agree that Cook and Vujacic should go to give the others more playing time.

Does anyone else seem to think from quick observation that Radmanovic, Cook and (although they don't play for the Lakers) Austin Croshere and Brian Scalabrine are all the same player? They're all 6'10 PFs who rarely rebound or defend and spend most of their time on the perimeter. Granted, Radmanovic has the potential for much more, but he doesn't seem to wanna show it much.

Reply #105391 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Radmanobitch is a waste of space.

The Sonics put up with him for far too long. I had to laugh when he turned down the Sonics generous offer, then sulked for half the season - got traded to Clippers and then ended up signing with the Lakers for MUCH less than the Sonics original offer.

Reply #105395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Backed up his best game with 6 fouls in less than 15 mins. Lets not go overboard with who we can trade.

Reply #105403 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Anon...it wasn't that bad, he played 21 minutes!

No seriously, this is a kid. He is going to be inconsistent and I don't think he should be starting when Brown or Mihm come back. However, he shouldn't be the third big on the bench either. He should have a role.

The Lakers played their best basketball last season with Brown at centre, Odom at the 4 and Walton at the 3. If Brown comes back and plays like he did in the last 2 months of 05-06, then I think Mihm will still go.

Reply #105406 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

When Brown comes back i dont think it really matters who starts, but they should split the minutes (ala dallas last season) but the lakers have to keep in mind that Brown isn't a 4 and needs to play ay the 5. That leaves little time for mihm, i think he along with vujacic or parker needs to be traded for quality pass first pg. This would be a pretty good line up considering they have a lot more depth this season with the emergence of walton, turiaf , bynum and farmer who would all prove to be a very talented bench.

Reply #105415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:01 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754