Og's the Man
Years ago

Get Well Brad Hill!!!

Those of us close enough, saw the sickening result of the broken arm Brad sustained Friday night. What was worse, was the shock and despair and heartbreak that Brad no doubt felt. No player in any sport deserves such injuries and as one of SA's own, EVERYONE should rally behind Brad to help him back!

Brad, many people in SA think very highly of you as a person, a top bloke and also your basketball prowess. Your next 2-3 months will be more mentally challenging than any 36ers game played this season.

You can do it and get back to play brilliantly. We are thinking of you, so do what you are told, get recovered properly, and don't hassle the nurses too much!

SA proud.

Topic #9337 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is no doubt that people (whether they be sports people or not) who have had massive injuries could probably appreciate what Brad is about to go through.

No one would wish a serious injury such as that upon anyone.

I know and appreciate the mental toughness and the endeavor you must have to overcome such an injury. My recent miss-fortune of a major leg/ankle injury has tought me if nothing else about what it means to be tough.

No one would expect to be patient, push as hard as your mind will let you to overcome it as quickly and as effeciently as possible. Let your passion for what you do motivate you. Appreciate your own ability to succeed through it. If you have the motivation you'll have the mental toughness to forget the pain and do what is needed to rehabilitate.

I appreciate fully what your about to endeavor and Brad, I wish you all the best in your speedy and successful recovery.

Reply #105727 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea, Good luck Brad i hope you recover as smoothly and as quickly as possible!!! Look forward to seeing you back in action at some stage!!

Reply #105758 | Report this post

BT  
Years ago

Get well soon, Brad. I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to playing top basketball as soon as possible.

We can't wait to see you suit up again, but for now, just get better

Reply #105771 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't make the game due to a prior engagement, but heard the graphic details. Had only just spoken to Brad after the last game and really feel for him and his family too after hearing about the incident - a devastating injury (bone through skin, unbelievable).

Reply #105777 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Get well brad, we all wish you all the best.

Can't wait to see you back in the Blue,Red and Gold

Reply #105790 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah get well brad, did not know that the bone went through the skin... i was on the other side of the court and i saw him look down and then up with despair but now i know why. Get well.

Reply #105816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is fucin scary i have had the same thing happen

Reply #106028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get well bradley. makes me feel sick just thinking about what your going through mate but it makes me sicker that no one stood up for you when you went down....no wonder the team is strugling. there is no heart! ive had this happen to team mates in years go by and all i wanted to do was win so bad for them! pitty its not the same at the 6ers!!

Reply #106129 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

'pitty its not the same at the 6ers!!'

It's pretty sad that a post wishing Brad well turns into a cheap shot at the 36ers. Class personified.

Reply #106134 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Good luck Brad, hopefully a speedy recovery.

Reply #106182 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:00 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754