Anonymous
Years ago

This evening: Bullets vs 36ers in Brisbane

Anyone know where you can listen to the game?

Topic #9356 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure if there is a radio broadcast for this one. NBL.com.au live scores will be our best bet I suspect.

Tip off is 6:30 eastern time. Without daylight saving, I believe Brisbane is 30 minutes behind us, so it's an hour and a half until the game starts (currently it's 5:30 in Adelaide).

If you're optimistic (I'm not ruling out a win, but not feeling confident) I think the Sixers are paying about $23 for a double-figure win...

Reply #105982 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The game is underway.

36ers have started Maher, Farley, Majstro, Horvath, Cooper - probably my preferred five of the bunch. Bullets have gone with CJ, Black, Mackinnon, Rychart and Bradtke - bringing Ere and Boucher off the bench.

Reply #106011 | Report this post

Campbell  
Years ago

Just wondering isaac, did you chuck $5 on sixers 11+?

Reply #106014 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Is Mick Hill injured?

Reply #106016 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

he is on the nbl live scoreboard and is on court, so i dont think so skip. haha but he wasnt there before ill give you that :) i was thinking the same.

Reply #106019 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Campbell, no, went for Bullets by 11 or more. Which means that either Brisbane will only just win, or Adelaide will get up!

So far, they're doing OK.

Skip, Hill is on now, so probably not?

Nothing is going to surprise me in this game. Adelaide have the guns to win if they're all at their best - so far, Copeland has hit a couple, so that's a good sign.

Rychart six boards in the first!

Reply #106020 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

they may need to stop Ere if they are to have a chance. He came off the bench and scored a quick fire 14 in the first quarter...it will be ugly if he continues.

Reply #106023 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

so far they are doing alright down 29-24.

Reply #106024 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

Good to see Cosmo is only on one foul!!!

Reply #106027 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Yeah, like bballer said, Hill wasnt listed on the NBL Scoreboard until he came onto the court.
Things arent looking to bad so far. I feel if our starters can stay out of foul trouble we are in with a real shot here.

Reply #106029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whos playing, or should I say NOT playing defence on ERE?

Reply #106033 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Maher on 13 points. Confidence starting to come back I hope.

Reply #106035 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

starting to blow out now.

Reply #106038 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Suddenly down 16! Boards count is 26-12! Bugger.

Reply #106039 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Farley being well held or not firing.

Reply #106041 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Half Time - 59 to 45

Reply #106042 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

64-49 not good. we need someone else to contrubute, its just brett.

Reply #106048 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

contribute.

Reply #106049 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Farley....just 4 pts

Could he be the next import to join E J Rowland

Reply #106051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Copes needs to fire up

Reply #106052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks to me like Brett should get the rest of his teammates involved in the game instead of just himself. I thought that was supposed to be the major role of a point guard and captain.

There is obviously no team ball being played. Another loss, more excuses...

Reply #106053 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Fezlington what a shit post...ffs Farley has been outstanding the last few games give him a break.

Reply #106054 | Report this post

kdog  
Years ago

3 to copes....we need a few more mate. When he hits those 3's, we win games.

Reply #106055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so is it willies fault that we r getting f..ked up?

Reply #106056 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Nash on fire again!

Reply #106057 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

All im saying is 4 pts is not enough from him

He is also shooting career lows of 39% from the field and 27% of his 3's

Reply #106059 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Nash just hit a 3! We are back!

Reply #106060 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah its ugly now. Hopefully they can half this by the end and finish with a 10 point loss. Just to look a little better.

Reply #106061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #106062 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

92 to 65...turning into a rout

Reply #106063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and willies last four games he played like shit to . u r a di.khead

Reply #106064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just keep giving Horvath the ball!!

Reply #106065 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

More like Brett keep shooting....lol

Reply #106066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I swear no team chemistry....too many good players to have stats like that

Reply #106067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wounder who phil will balme for this loss

Reply #106068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Himself!!

Reply #106069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that wont happen he balmes everyone else

Reply #106070 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

The game is over and has been for some time, why on earth would you leave Maher out there?!

Reply #106071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

becuz he's the GOLDEN BOY!!

Reply #106072 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Farley got 4... sh*t!

Maher got 26... holy sh*t!

Sixers killed...

Reply #106073 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Another 21 point loss. Bugger.

Reply #106075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea and they lost again....I wonder why?

Reply #106076 | Report this post

kicked out  
Years ago

y

Reply #106077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you tell me

Reply #106078 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

disheartening when the opposition has their entire bench on having junk time. And are still kicking our arse. If copeland, Maher and Horvath are the ones in double figures, we need ALOT more from the bench players. Ere comes off their bench to score 27. We just dont have this in our team and as long as we only rely on Maher, horvath and every now and then farley and copeland, we are in a lot of trouble. Brisbane played games with us tonight.

Reply #106079 | Report this post

kicked out  
Years ago

the coaching staff

Reply #106080 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Even the same scoreline as the crocs game. 116 - 95

Reply #106081 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

Did farley get hut?? If not he is a waste of time!!! Get rid of him!!!

Reply #106082 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

odds of losing consecutive matches by the exact scoreline???

Reply #106083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

y cause of one bad game in the last five. other di.khead

Reply #106084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its spelled HURT dumb a**, and how the heck are we gonna win with Maher having 13 in the first quarter..and Horvath only having 5. I thought the point guard is supposed to distribute the ball . . .hmmm

Reply #106089 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I guess we should not speculate about Farley until we know exactly what happened. But if he was fuly fit, that is awful indeed. We are no doubt paying him some big money and we cannot afford him to have such nights.

Reply #106095 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Don't get rid of Farley. Because he can get naturalised at the end of the year than we could have another import.

Reply #106096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

one bad game in the last five give the guy a break,copeland was in one game 0-9 shooting then looked wot happen

Reply #106100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

123abc your a idiot,what u think the imports are suppose to carry the team

Reply #106103 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boxscore is up. Farley 2/15 from the field.

36ers 37%, Bullets 53%.

Beaten by Mackinnon - 29 at 72%, 7 boards, 5 assists, 4 blocks, 2 steals. 18 point third quarter from him, almost beat us in that term single-handedly.

I don't know if there need to be any excuses for this result other than:

- Bullets have a superior (and more expensive) team
- Adelaide shot poorly as a whole, besides Maher and Copes
- Mackinnon went 8/8 at one point

Wait for eye witness reports from Statman and Sturty6ers, I think. Maybe we sucked, or maybe the refs were biased or maybe it was just our shooting that was off.

Reply #106105 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Its games like this that increase the chances of Maher being injured again. 42mins/47 secs on court. The longest any player from both teams spent on court tonight. I guess its difficult to make the decision to take him off when he is the only one working.

Reply #106106 | Report this post

Uncle Jimmy  
Years ago

Adelaides done.. put a fork in it...

Reply #106111 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Farley never rocks up on the road, most of us already know that ... is it possible to have home/away imports ? maybe give EJ a run on the road, and Farley at home ... it will also give Farley time to work on his D - oh, no that would take time away from working on his showmanship ...

Reply #106113 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Adelaide were in the game until just before half time. It was a twenty odd point lead through to the end.

I didn't think that Adelaide played all that bad, Brisbane played extremely well.

36ers weren't getting any lovin' from the refs in the first half. I even heard the older of the two male refs say 'Everytime I make a call, they (36ers) are always whinging. There might be something in that. The refs seem to even it up in the second half.

I'm not a big Farley fan but he contributed. Not to the scoreline but in other areas.

Maher was HOT (sizzle!!!)
Copeland was good. So was Horvath. Cooper and Horvath were getting beaten up in the key by the likes of Bradtke and Ere and even Boucher. Matt Sutton was playing quite well especially when he had to guard Ere. Darren Ng didn't even enter the court until the third quarter. He got a few minutes, most in garbage time.

No one could get near Slammin' Sammy tonight. They were callin' him King Midas. (Everything he touched turned to Gold). Pure poetry at both ends.

The Bullets put two of their young blokes on just after halftime. Gibson and Williamson. They seemed to hold their own against the likes of Farley etc. Most of the fourth quarter they had 4 of the younger bunch on.

20 points down, with 5 minutes to go,(you are not going to win, unless you are the Crocs playing the 36ers, 2004) why do you have the two oldest people in the team still on the court?

A lady sitting near me commented and said:
'That Coach looks disinterested'

I'll let you guess which one she was referring to.....

Reply #106131 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From a Brisbane fan on OzHoops - good mentions for Maher and Copes.

A surprisingly large (and vocal) crowd at the BCEC tonight, as the Bullets cruised to a comfortable victory.

The game seemed scrappy for the most part, with Adelaide's abysmal offence contrasted by Brisbane's constant scoring. Plenty of messy turnovers as well.

Maher scored at will. Obviously wasn't moving as freely as he would like, but he had a solid game. Copes also did ok, but things fell away after him. Ng only got a run in the fourth, not certain why Sutton got quality minutes ahead of him. Anyone? As for Farley, wasn't injured, just had a stinker. One of those nights for him and Horvarth ... had some good looks around the basket, but the ball just didn't drop. Farley was awful from range as well.

For the Bullets, Ere was a class act, as was Sammy Mack. Both got standing ovations from the members section after being subbed off in the fourth, and rightfully so. Outstanding games from both, Ere in particular making some awesome shots. The rest of the load was spread across the board. CJ had a woeful game.

Not much else to comment on. If I was an Adelaide fan, I'd be worried. We haven't had many home games yet, but this was the worst I've seen from a visiting team so far, and would be hard to top.

Reply #106132 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

I hate being a box-score know-it-all, but Farley had 30mins yet did not get to the foul-line, had 1 board, 1 assist and no other stats.

Having a bad shooting night is understandable, that's going to happen from time-to-time. But once you realise its one of those nights, surely you get involved in other ways. Get the ball to team mates, play harder defence, get to the rack and draw a foul. Just do something with your minutes.

Reply #106142 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Some decisions to be made Mal, welcome to the NBL!

Reply #106148 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

So I wonder which 3-man was guarding Sam Mack?

Reply #106150 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I get the feeling that making anything good out of this season has now become an impossibility. For this reason perhaps the coaches and team believe why bother if there is going to be no reward at the end. What does that say for the fans who expect to go and watch some good basketball and have paid money for that privilege. I hope this is not the case because regardless of outcome there is always a responsibility to the fans who come to each home game to support the team and be entertained in the process.

Reply #106156 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"123abc your a idiot,what u think the imports are suppose to carry the team"

Imports can help a team win a championship for sure.

What out of this, was so stupid?

"Don't get rid of Farley. Because he can get naturalised at the end of the year than we could have another import."

Use your head anon!

Reply #106157 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Some of the more memorable moments from the game:

-Watching Slammin' Sammy.
-Hearing Statman yell out to Joey, 'Send Hill back on so we can hang more shit on him!'

Reply #106159 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, here's what I think can be taken from this season:

- reduce Maher's minutes to ensure that he is healthy if they make the finals and hopefully maximise his impact next year
- run a lot of Sutton to give him maximum chance to develop his game on court
- start Majstrovich and give him good minutes (as above)
- if one of the frontcourt players are injured or it's a blowout in either direction, put Dodman on and see what happens
- keep firing up Farley so that the home games are interesting to watch

That said, I don't think it's an abysmal roster. It does have potential, but they're just struggling - same thing happened with the South Dragons earlier in the season when they were 0-5.

Reply #106162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the Brisbane fan on OZHoops:

Sutton plays good D, Ng tries to but isn't up to it physically (and mentally?)

Reply #106163 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Physically - nothing to do with a mental thing with Ng. Always in control, IMO.

Reply #106166 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Agree Isaac, You never really see Ng flustered or anything always seems to be in control, just needs to visit the weight room.

Reply #106167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe he tried working hard in the weights room in the offseason but if really affected his shooting at the start of the abl season so he stoppped doing it. He now goes a couple of times a week.

Reply #106170 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Hollywood Tickets to see Brisbane vs Adelaide. Cost $150

Crown lager and two icecreams. Cost $15.50

Carparking. Cost $12

Watching Sam Mackinnon carve everybody up at both ends. Cost Priceless.

P.S. Isaac, they still have the Bullets chant that you love so much......

Reply #106171 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can anyone get that chant as an MP3 so I can have it on endless loop for the forum? It's so bad it's good!

Did they have the Scream Team perform at the game?

Reply #106173 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

The thing I loved about it Sturty was that Joey heard me and put Hill back on!

But seriously Mackinnon is in career form at the moment - and he does a lot of off the ball stuff as well that doesnt show up on a box score. PLus all the bullets clearly are enjoying playing with each other and the chemistry is there (easy to have good chemistry when winning though I suppose)

The Sixers looked like 5 individuals on the court rather than a cohesive group, at one stage when there was a delay due to blood on the court - (about 2 - 3 minutes) the Sixers just wandered around the court like sheep - surely that was a time to call in to a huddle and fire each other up - even if it was just to set up the next play!

As for Will - just had a stinker! was closely guarded - a breakaway dunk early I thought would set him up for a big game. The Farley swagger and arrogance were nowhere to be seen and he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on the basketball court.

Sutton - shows great potential - just needs confidence - had a couple of chances to drive to the hoop but pulled back when he should have gone for it. A bit of confidence and experience will see him flourish.

Scream team came on to do their dunks at 3/4 time. and there were various dancers and coompetitions at times outs etc

Reply #106177 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Ther was even a hip hop crew, bustin moves. The skinny white guy was dope. Reminded me of a try hard Eminem.

Reply #106194 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

With his defensive footwork I wouldn't let him guard anything that had a pulse ... even being beaten by an inanimate object would be possible to imagine at times ...

Reply #106321 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

On the forum once someone said:

'Having Darren guard you is like being guarded by a chair!'

Reply #106345 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:41 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754