Isaac
Years ago

Sydney Kings cut import EJ Rowland

"Unfortunately, EJ wasn't getting the job done at the point that we expected out of him", Goorjian said. "However, we still see him as a kid with a lot of talent and we wish him all the best in his future career".

Sydney has begun the search for a replacement import guard with the new player expected to arrive within the next few weeks.

Rowland averaged 12.7ppg, 3.1apg and 2.0spg in 12 regular season games.
Adelaide next players Sydney in about a month, so it might be hoping too much to wish that they'll be still to replace him by then!

» Media release on Kings site

Topic #9359 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

And back on the 27th of Sept, this same EJ Roland scored at will off the dribble againt the 36ers at the Powerhouse....
14 points in the last quarter I recall, mostly layups in the half court set in traffic.

Reply #106098 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah but Ng was guarding him during that time so that explains that :P

Reply #106112 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Will the Kings go for a point guard? Do they need one?

Reply #106125 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, definitely. Without one, they have to play Luke Kendall and BJ Carter.

Guys like Smith, Worthington and Barlow would all be able to help a bit, but it wouldn't be ideal.

Reply #106128 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

i suppose so isaac, i forgot kings have hinder and elliot now too in the line-up.

IMPORT PG
Kendall
Smith
Elliott
Hinder

Barlow
Worthington
Carter
Tovey
Crosswhite

Ok, they REALLY need a PG!

Reply #106135 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Their problem is that they also need more in the middle - Hinder isn't having a good season and Crosswhite would ideally be coming off the bench.

Reply #106141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

carter is all they need for now
most underrated player in the nbl behind john phillip of wollongong

Reply #106154 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Hinder hears footsteps whenever he's trying to finish around the basket,what an absolute joke that he made the national team and while we're at it sack BG from coaching the national team as well

Reply #106269 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Kings definately need a point guard! Kendall didnt look comfortable through the wildcats match when BG played him in the point. Carteer is not ready, and reference to John Phillip anyone can look good in the Waratah League, NBL is the big boys and Phillip doesnt have the strength or the wits.

Reply #106280 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Rolands figures just are not up to scratch for import in the NBL

Reply #106281 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here's my theory: Kendall and Worthington favour each other on court, even if subconsciously, and deny some opportunities to those (imports) threatening their court time, output and thus future contracts. I think it's feasible, especially since the imports compete directly at PG and PF with those two. Probably wrong, but you never know.

Had heard a Kings fan suggest something about those two working together in the past so it made me wonder when I heard that EJ and Elliott could be heading home.

Reply #106284 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

what the hell are u people talking abou they dont need a PG, they've got a great one in Kendall and i think he looks very comfortable there, gorjan was already having trouble giving both kendall and EJ minutes, now Kendall can play 35-40 mins a game. they definately need a pure center far more than anything else, hinders a PF and Crosswhite's not good enough for the starting spot.

Reply #106327 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Next they are dumping Elliot for Kevin Freeman.

One of the potential replacements for Rowland is Jamison Brewer. Some people might recognise the name.

Reply #106334 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

They do not need to replace the PG spot, Kendall is fine there and effective... he's better with the ball that at the 2.
They need BIG who is happy to be a big... rowlad is hige but plays about 7 inches shorter than he is out beyond the 3. Goorg needs to buy an athletic big who loves to bang and board = finals contender.

Reply #106382 | Report this post

bad boy  
Years ago

he was good... they now need a new pg.... with a big name ... they need bryant matthews

Reply #106730 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

pretty sure bryant matthews aint a pg

Reply #107015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:19 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754