skip
Years ago

Fisher & Wright are All Star Coaches

Just announced on NBL.com.au

Scott Fisher will take the Aussies while Joey Wright gets the Worlds stars.

Also announced that former Idol contestant Cosima De Vito will be the pre game entertainment.

Topic #9378 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here are the teams

AUSSIE ALL-STARS: Ben Pepper (Breakers), CJ Bruton (Bullets), Sam MacKinnon (Bullets), Brad Newley (Crocs), Joe Ingles (Dragons), Darryl McDonald (Tigers), Chris Anstey (Tigers), Tony Ronaldson (Wildcats), Paul Rogers (Wildcats), Martin Cattalini (Taipans).
WORLD ALL-STARS: Larry Abney (Crocs), Jelani Gardner (Crocs), Mike Helms (Slingers), Rashad Tucker (Tigers), Dave Thomas (Tigers), Kevin Owens (Taipans), Shawn Redhage (Wildcats), Cortez Groves (Hawks), Willie Farley (36ers), Nick Horvath (36ers).

Reply #106412 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Kevin Owens to pull out for Powell??

Sorry couldn't find anyone else not worthy of the World All Stars..
Surely Rick Burton will put him in somehow, especially after the game here vs the Sixers.

Reply #106414 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could take Gardner out as well for Ere - that guy has been throwing down dunks all season.

Reply #106416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just on the All* Star game, it says it "will be shown live on Fox Sports and Sky Sports as well as on delay on Nine, WIN and StarHub". Is that delay on Nine the hour show the next say or a full replay of the game?

Reply #106424 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

I can not believe Ken doll has got the gig, i know there on top, but expect the aussies to be thrashed, especially with him as the coach.

Reply #106437 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

He must be doing something right....his team is on top of the ladder

Perhaps we should have Phil Smyth coach the Aussies

LOL......im sure he will get a much more favorable result

Hang on....no Brett Maher in the lineup for him....lol...who will he get to take all the shots

Reply #106439 | Report this post

Jimmy The Snitch  
Years ago

Some of you imbeciles have a very, very short memory. If Phil was such a crap coach why has he been selected as a coach of one of the 2 all star sides (one year Australia and the other the Import side) in the last few years' Star game.

Bad coaches don't win premierships and coaches who can not coach do not get selected as all star coaches.

Reply #106442 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Im with you Jimmy

I personally think Fisher is a good coach

He was one hell of a player

And he must be doing something right ......he has the Cats sitting on top of the ladder

That Phil Smyth comment couldve related to any coach in the bottom half of the table

the 2 best coaches so far are coaches of the all star game.....the way it should be

Reply #106444 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Now I am not much of a Phil basher, but Jimmy come on!
Where have we finished the last 3 years????
You coach the all stars by having the best record when the sides are chosen...not at the end of the year!

Reply #106447 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Comeone, i think Andrew Vlahov is the one in control and Ken Doll continues to be the puppet. Also it is still early in the season, so lets see what happens in referencing to Ken Doll's team.

I am not saying Phil is a bad coach, but Jimmy, Ken doll is a tool for the wildcats and he is an all star coach!

Reply #106448 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Do u listen to Ken Doll during time outs on TV, its hilarious, fair point there on top, but lets see what happens. If Vlahov goes on a holiday for 1 month they will lose all there matches. ha ha

Reply #106449 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

In reference to Wright, well we all know why he is there, with the Bullets Team (Cheats!)

Reply #106450 | Report this post

Jimmy The Snitch  
Years ago

Tool or not if the Perth Wildcats are one of the two top sides when the coaches are decided Scott Fisher deserves to be recognized as an all star coach. And if he selected as an all star coach, that must mean he has some ability to communicate his message to his playing roster.

Reply #106451 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Jimmy have you seen the movie America Dreamz! Hilarious seen were the US president has an ear bug and is advised what to say by his US advisors. I am just imagining Ken Doll/Vlahov .. : )

Reply #106452 | Report this post

Jimmy The Snitch  
Years ago

So now it's Andrew Vlahov calling the shots out West to help Scott Fisher, wasn't it Dave Ingham last year? Now he is gone it must be someone else because heave forbid Scott Fisher actually be able to coach. I

It's just like it was a very good core group of player helped Phil Smyth win all of championships for the Adelaide 36ers and now we are losing (forget the fact we only have 3 [player of NBL standard) he can not coach.

Conspiracy theory number: 1,234,700

Reply #106455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fisher during time outs on foxtel is so funny.

so many ah and ums. forgot the other day which of his five players was playing point and fish I have news for you it wasn't Rogers or Ronaldson.

Less articulate than most, maybe by not giving concise instructions is helping the team.

Or perhaps conspiracy theory number: 1,234,701 the wildcats understand everything he says its all in code!

Reply #106464 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Jimmy, wildcats had to do something hence sack the assistant coach. How many times have u seen that happening in the NBL, half way through the season they sack the assistant... not many/ i can not recall a club sacking the assistance because the team was doing terribly. Vlahov is the man, not Ken Doll.

Reply #106475 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I dont personally give a rats arse who is in charge....whether its Fisher or Vlahov

The Cats are sitting pretty at the top of the ladder

If he is so shit in time outs, he mustve done something off the air to put a cracker up their arse against the Kings to hold them to 2 FG for a half

Love him or hate him, call him what you want Drb, but he is the best coach in the league

Reply #106569 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

at this point in time....lol

Reply #106578 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

From what I heard the Allstar game will be replayed on Nine at 8am Sunday 26th November with a duration of two hours, leading into the Ashes coverage at 10am.

Reply #106600 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:44 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754