Sturt 51
Years ago

NBL Slam dunk comp.

Does anyone know who is in the Slam Dunk contest?

Topic #9384 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

http://www.ozhoopsboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10075

Reply #106528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who exactly are in it?

Reply #106536 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

123abc - Why are you providing a link that provides no further information??

Reply #106537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can any 1 find any people who are definately in the Slam comp in the link coz i cant

Reply #106538 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, it includes a post from Skinner saying that the competitors will be announced on Wednesday.

Reply #106540 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Larry Abney - I hear he is a crowd favourite at the Dome...

Reply #106541 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

willie HAS to be in it, if they picked out the best 5 dunks so far this season he'd have 3 of them (the one one heal, alley from copes and the one last friday)the other thwo would go to abney and dave thomas so i think both those guys should be there as well, i'd also love to see carlos powell, ebi ere, liam rush and oscar forman.

Reply #106572 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Should be Powell or Bartlett from NZ, Abney from the Crocs, Hyam from Singapore, Barlow from the Kings, Rush from the Pigs, Ere from the Bullets.

Reply #106574 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Bartlett is the defending champ but hasnt been invited back to defend it!! NBL is a pathetic like that IMO

Reply #106582 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

how bout tony ronaldson.....lmao

i wanna see if the bear can dunk

Reply #106583 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I think eveyone would be a bit 'gunshy' this year after Rolands' effort last year.....

Reply #106616 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I wanna see Reesy get a legends invite.
Someone like Dean Uthoff would be entertaining to watch too.

Isaac - is Oscar competing this year?

Reply #106726 | Report this post

bad boy  
Years ago

ebi ere sammy mac larry abney evrard bartlett carlos powell rashad tucker dmac they need names like that

Reply #106731 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Announced on NBL Wrap tonight.

Carlos Powell (New Zealand)
Willie Farley (Adelaide)
David Barlow (Sydney)
Rosell Ellis (South)
Casey Frank (Wollongong)
Steven Broom (Brisbane)

Who the hell is Broom? Has he even played a game this year? Brisbane have a team of All Stars yet they send Broom along.

Reply #106808 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Having just checked both the NBL and Bullets website, I am even more baffled. He isnt listed as part of the team!
Is this someone Eddy is flying in from Overseas to try and get at least some silverwear this year??

Reply #106819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

steve broom, 6 foot 8, played in qld u18 side at nationals in 04, hes turning 20 i think.. athletic as all hell and can jump out the gym, won the qabl dunk comp, hasnt played for bullets but is registered as a development player

Reply #106821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if the dunk comp is still on next season a rule should be made only allowing players who have PLAYED A GAME IN THE NBL to be allowed to enter.

Reply #106826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares jus so long as they throw down dunks that ull need a tissue for.

Reply #107089 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

All you that are doubting Broom because he's a development player just never learn! Everyone was doubting Bartlett, the development player, last year (because he was a development player), just like you're doing this year anon, and he won the comp and tore the roof of the place. Give the guy a chance, he might surprise us, just like Everard Bartlett did.

Reply #107185 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:53 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754