Bronte
Years ago

36ers considering Marcus Timmons?

News around the BB scene in Victoria is that Marcus Timmons just might soon be a 36er. I'm told he's been hitting the weights in readiness and has apparently been seen shooting around at Sandringham just waiting for the call up! No longer an import, he's had interest from a couple of teams but likes the low key "don't have to work too hard" Phil Smyth philosophy.

Topic #9396 | Report this topic

TP  
Years ago

Great, pump the average age up a few more notches. Then they can all head off to the Arkaba for post game drinks.

Reply #106700 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Well he would fit the age demographic we are looking for.

Reply #106701 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Supports some things I've heard. What would it mean for the minutes of a guy like Majstrovich? Timmons would play SF, right?

Reply #106702 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

To replace Hill? Just how old is he?

Reply #106703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a joke if its true

Reply #106705 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

TP, don't you mean the RSL?

Reply #106706 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Has played for Illawarra, Melbourne, Perth, Cairns and New Zealand. His last season was 18 games with New Zealand in 04/05. He averaged 10 PPG at 33% from the field, 22% 3Pt, 7 RPG, 2 APG and 1.5 SPG.

Once upon a time, the Breakers dropped Shawn Redhage for Marcus Timmons who was cut by the Taipans. Taipans management at the time cited niggling injuries and lacklustre performances for the move. Timmons was never an outstanding import for the Breakers, but racked up stats for Sandringham alongside Brett Wheeler this off-season in the Big V.

Reply #106707 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sounds like Timmons is on his way.

Reply #106713 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Im happy with it. He won be afraid to shoot, and hopefully will give the team a bit of attitude. They have looked soft since CAT left IMO.

Ofcourse this means that Smyth officially wont be able to use the age issue as an excuse at seasons end!!

Reply #106715 | Report this post

Pete Newell  
Years ago

I am expecting him to back up Nick at PF with some SF, and hopefully he will be told to be the team's enforcer, to add a bit of toughness. I reckon he could do that.

He has played with Copes and Wheels and was top 5 in the NBL in 2003-2004 and a VBL all star just recently. He will add much needed muscle, if he does come over, but I am also interested in knowing how old is he?

Reply #106720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

37 I believe, has been considered a cancer everywehere he's been. Check out Perth, Cairns and NZs opinion of him.

Reply #106722 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Spotted at VODKA BAR around Midnight~

After the thrashing from Townsville on Friday Night :

1) a Smiling and Happy looking Lanard Copeland

2) former legend and failed Club Owner Mr Chairman of the Boards himself.

--Perhaps Timmons can join the M.D club crew.

Reply #106725 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I don't mind this idea at all. And on this team he probably should make his way into the starting lineup. He can't be any worse than Nash is these days.

It looks desperate, but who cares? We are currently going nowhere and it's worth a shot.

Reply #106729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doctor E,
Worth a shot??? Giving another former very good player a game when no other team would touch him with a 10 foot pole because of the baggage he brings!
If we're 'going nowhere' as you say,how about throwing caution to the wind and playing someone that may (or may not) have some sort of future with the club but at least has youth on their side.
'It looks desperate, but who cares?' Me for one, and a number of other frustrated but still passionate supporters I would suggest.

Reply #106733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe Martin Trescothick has been approached.

Reply #106738 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Who the hell is Martin Trescothick?

If your making a joke about the English cricketer MARCUS, then that's terrible....

Reply #106770 | Report this post

rok dj!  
Years ago

vodka bar at midnight who cares.....everyone knows vodka bar doesn't start rockn until 3
Maybe they should all hit it there as a team builder, bobbie above the dj booth raising the roof!

Reply #106795 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Maybe he can have pratice in getting thrashed so that we will be used to it for Ashes.

Reply #106797 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Saw him at Nationals as we would of played him if we beat Dandenong. He was in the most ordinary form i have ever seen. I feel sorry for the sixers if they are serious and do get him. He struggled to run up and down the floor and is considerably heavier than 5 yrs ago.

Reply #106828 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Yeah, but Woody, they were saying the same thing about you! ;-)

Reply #106838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is better out of Marcus Timmons and Lanard Copeland?

Reply #106868 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

"Doctor E,
If we're 'going nowhere' as you say,how about throwing caution to the wind and playing someone that may (or may not) have some sort of future with the club but at least has youth on their side."

Like who? Give me some names and you might convince me. Ng and Sutton are the only two youngsters on our roster and have both been getting plenty of opportunity (Hill is obviously no longer an option). After those guys we go down to someone like Dodman. No offence to him but I hardly think he is the answer.

Give me some names and we can discuss the merits of playing them.

Reply #106884 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

106868, I have a feeling that Copes would be more of a team player, though I gather that Timmons would provide more all-round game.

With Majstrovich playing only 11 minutes last night, bringing Timmons in would surely pin AJ soundly to the bench?

Reply #106894 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Hahaha.. ok ill give u that one Moses...

Reply #106912 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Who would Timmons replace in the 10??? as id say Sutton would be a good fit to replace Hill, especially since he is a true point guard and is playing well, maybe Timmons in for Nash???? i think he could be our starting SF straight away give us some scoring punch and defense from that position

Reply #106919 | Report this post

D Wade  
Years ago

take him hes a legend

Reply #292728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was a legend hes a chump now who is now 39

Reply #292730 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754