Ronnie
Years ago

Todays Article by Boti - too positive?

Im reading Boti's article today and it seems to me that after his very insightful and honest article the other day he has gone back to writing without highlighting real issues from last night. The fact we fought back was great and showed some character that has not been seen this season, but lets face it we were down 19 to the bottom side in the league, and how many of us thought "Not Again" when Maher slipped out of bounds. Last nights game didnt show me inspired play but a fact that i knew already that West Sydney are worse than us and even have a worse coach. Disappointed Boti didnt stick to writing the insightful article of whats really going on.

Topic #9409 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Cooper a Pharmacist?
Where abouts?

Reply #106866 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Come on Ronnie, if he was down on them all the time, people would be bagging him for that.
He was extremely honest the other day, and today seems to be trying to find the positives in a game that should not have been that close.West Sydney were not playing like the bottom team for that first half, and we played like a very good TEAM in the second half.
Surely they can have a positive article written after a win...

Reply #106881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they had played anyone else last night they would have been killed.

Reply #106901 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If they'd played the Pigs with their second best scorer actually on court, it might've been a different story too. Was looking forward to seeing Rush play actually.

Reply #106905 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

the razorbacks do seem to be a crappy team but the interesting think is that that they came very close to beating brisbane and perth.

Reply #106915 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Don't think it's too positive but the alarm bells are still ringing! I don't think for one minute that anybody would suggest they've turned the corner...even the coach.

Reply #106917 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Even the coach let out a sigh of relief as they walked up the race ... but there were positives:

Cooper's defence ...

Sutton's full court pressure ...

Copeland's second half ...

Maher playing starting & playing a full game ...

Finally enough intestinal fortitude to come back from a position that was slip sliding away ...

Even the refs got a couple right - one ball went out of bounds off two sets of Sixers hands & we got it back; Farley went to the line when he was fouled while passing the ball behind his back!

Negatives:

Mastrovich had a dirty night where nothing seemed to go right for him

Relying on too few to do too much with Hill out & Ng on the outer there isn't a lot of back up.

A win is a win - taek any we can get at the moment

Reply #106923 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Farley went to the line when he was fouled while passing the ball behind his back because West Sydney were in the penalty...

Good call though with the rest Daddy O.

Reply #106924 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What about when Farley got the ball on the break, took 2-3 steps, and then decided to put the ball on the floor? Surely that was a travel?

Reply #106927 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Everyone in the crowd new that was a travel Isaac.

Reply #106929 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Sorry DB5 - my error

Isaac I don't think travel is in the NBL rule book - it just isn't called. I also wonder how someone can have both feet in the front court and bounce the ball twice in the back court without a violation. Sutton was a bit stiff in the last quarter not to get a couple of calls against the pigs.

Reply #106930 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hell yeah, had forgotten about that.Was a good one for us.... I like how the crowd didn't even make a noise.

Reply #106931 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Even though we won, the first half i was like yezz are we that bad. I thought the defence was pathetic considering Phil said it was a focus for the match. We won great and a few positives came from the match. What about Watkins he surely is under pressure?

Reply #106949 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

What did they say his road record as a coach is?? something like 3-32!

I think 2 of those wins were by a basket as well..

Bye Bye..Maybe Harvey can player coach, he is blonde and a knob apparently, wasn't that the criteria in South Melbourne??

Reply #106954 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Of course, how could we forget the biggest blonde knob Simon Kerle too!

Shame about Watkins he was a good junior coach at Nunwading Spectors and Vic Metro Team. he has really gone through the ranks of coaching basketball. Though there is a big difference between the boys and the men.

Reply #106956 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Some of the reffing calls were disgracefull. The one Issac was talking about, Wille took three steps, realised he was too far out to dunk, then dribbled. You are only allowed ONE step before you dribble. then what about when he cut off that pass, went from the front court to the back court!

Reply #106968 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The argument with that one, I think, is that the Pigs still had "control" of the ball until Willie had secured it in our backcourt.

Reply #106970 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I too was a little disappointed in Boti's article this morning. Let's face it, the Pigs a re bottom and look exactly that, so being 19 points behind is really unacceptable. Boti too though has to have some responsibility to positively promote this side and this was at least a chance to do that after we won a game.
But at least we won, so that's something, as well as seeing the further development of Sutton.
Farley can be an inspiration in offence but certainly a liability in defence, but without him last night, I reckon we get done.
I could make a comment about Nash, but have chosen not to do so on this occasion. Oh no, I will after all - observation, Nash played the lowest number of minutes of anyone last night and we of course won - purely coincidental of course.

Reply #106972 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ha ha Squid, knew you would not be able to resist.....lol.

Reply #107088 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754