bwnj
Years ago

NH: U2 Concert - Did anyone go?

So did anyone go to the U2 concert?

I went and it was awesome. Almost undescribable. I got down near the front, in between the 2 b stage - probably not as close as I would have liked but it was awesome.

Topic #9424 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was great.

ONly played for 2 hours tho - isnt a lot in this day and age

Reply #107051 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

I also went and although I am not a massive fan I thought it was amazing. And to anon 2 hours is good alot of people are only on for an hour and a half with heaps of breaks in between, U2 didnt have a single break!

Reply #107057 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Brisbane concert was the same. They played some of their newer stuff first. Fabulous concert though.

Reply #107058 | Report this post

bwnj  
Years ago

it was closer to 2.5 hours and that is more than in this day and age than 90% of other bands.

Reply #107060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry i forgot that 8.45 - 10.45 is 2.5 hours. My bad.

Reply #107061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why the hell didnt they play "ALL I WANT IS YOU"?? disappointing Bono... im a fan and i didnt hear my favourite song!!

Reply #107063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

words cannot explain how magnificent that concert was. Touched me in ways that are undescribable. I was waiting for sweetest thing and all i want is you also, but they never came. I loved the phone thing when everything was dark and people had their phones. Amazing atmosphere! a night I will never forget. We can make poverty history!

Reply #107064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Bono

Reply #107065 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

I saw Cooper and Hovrath there, and I just want to apologise to Nick, if he reads this. I gave him a bit of a spray.

It wasn't anything bad, but i did tell him to get some more boards. 12 and 5 against the pigs isn't good enough for a starter in my fantasy team, IMO.

Great concert. And the length was fine.

Wish i was closer, esp for Kanye West. His set was great as well! It's gotta be tough opening for the greatest band in the world.

Reply #107075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah it must be tough especially when the audience is there to see U2 and may not like his type of music. A lot of people around me didnt like his stuff. I liked it and i felt kind of sorry for Kanye. U2 are the gretest band in the world. i will second that. Simply amazing.words cannot describe

Reply #107076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Needed sub titles on screens for good ol Kanye.

Reply #107077 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

Senstational Concert

Pity that Bono kept trying to make it so political and they didn't play more of the old stuff --- but still, best concert of have been to ever!

It also helps when you are a 6ft 5 lanky basketball player that can see the stage from the middle of the oval, the poor short people with me couldn't see the stage!

Reply #107078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

now the seals are players LOL

Reply #107079 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Social? Quit being such a hater. It's pathetic.

Reply #107084 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Bozza actually represented the State anon.

Reply #107085 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

bozza...How many old songs do you want? Almost half the set list was from their 80's stuff. They even played a song from their first album. You can't really have U2 play their "old stuff" and not have it political. Most of their political songs are their old songs.

The whole night was gold.

Reply #107101 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I loved it. I had a inside barrier pass so got right up the front. Got some great pix and videos. The pre party at PJ's was good fun too.
Hope it aint another long wait til they return.

Reply #107112 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

Trust me - I trully enjoyed the evening, and expected the political stuff, and didn't expect them to play every song they have ever written!

I am not complaining, just commenting on my thoughts and maybe I am getting old, but I really prefer there older music, and I think the political commentry was a little over the top.

My favourite story, at a concert earlier in the year, Bono quieten sthe audience and started clapping his hands, and said every time I clap my hands, a Child dies in Africa, to which one loud audience member replied "Well Stop Clapping Your Hands!"

I would have loved to have heard songs like Numb, Daddy is Going to buy you a new car, lemon, When Love comes to town, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Gloria etc..

I think the set and special effects were truly outstanding, and the Christmas Tree was a true breath taking moment!

Awesome Concert - No Regrets At Going!

Reply #107116 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I too would have loved to have heard Lemon, All I want is you and Mysterious Ways. But, you are never gonna hear everysong you want. Had they play one of those I would probably be saying that I wish they had played Angel of Harlem or Desire.
Great concert. Probably in my Top 3. :-)

Reply #107119 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

Ah Mysterious ways!

I should stop talking cos I keep hearing of other songs they didn't play.....

Geez - they have too many awesome songs! No band can rival that

Reply #107122 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

oooh, thats a big call. I reckon the Rolling Stones would give them a shake!

Obviously no longer touring but The Beatles would destroy them both.

Reply #107123 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

crap, kanye was the opener, didnt think he would do it after they pulled out, thought they would get someone else... kinda wish i did decide to work there last night now, damn... ahh well... and 2 hours is good length these days, but saying that it isnt exactly long, it is the norm pretty much... from what i got told, people where gona get put into their allocated sections in barriers, then hearded in like sheep, is this true?

Reply #107140 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

ricey it was a bit sheep like getting down the front. I think they did the entry thing quite well, well police the whole no running factor. The one thing they need to think about however is 4000 people through 6 turnstiles - that is ridiculous.

Reply #107156 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

bozza - IMO only I reckon Pearl Jam is up there too. My god I can't wait for Wednesday night.

Reply #107167 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

How long did some of you guys wait in line to get in? I got there at 4 and an hour later i was down in the front area about 10 metres from the stage. Awesome concert. Loved every minute of it.

Reply #107170 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! About 5 rows from the front, absolutely amazing. Could see the lines on Bono's face and the creases on his pants!!

You know you've made it when you get three minders to change your shirt for you!

Reply #107173 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Was there (bozza was that you in front of me getting in my way???!!!! :) )

Most awesome concert...however I compare it to the Zooropa show and think Zooropa comes out slightly better.

Amazing band, and Bono's on stage charisma and presence is surely unrivalled today.

Yes, quite political, however you need to remember how they got their start in the first place. And the causes they do get behind are quit worthwhile....9 shows to at least 60,000 each time, thats a lot of people to get the message to!

I commented afterwards I was suprised that Bono didn;t mention David Hicks.

Also thought quite clever the depths they went to to "localise" some songs.

Reply #107174 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Apparantly not everyone enjoyed it:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,20774045-5006301,00.html

Reply #107184 | Report this post

benji  
Years ago

obviously those fools weren't near me, in the middle near the right hand b-stage near the drum and everyone around was jumping around. other friends were just out side the barrier and the crowd near them was rocking quite a bit also.

Reply #107188 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

what a gr8 show it was,i regretted not seeing them last time but last night was gold.ive been on limewire downloading all live tracks of theirs to burn to disc.try to relive the magic of the best concert i've been to

Reply #107196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

THEY DIDNT PLAY 'ALL I WANT IS YOU'...DISSAPOINTING STUFF

Reply #107250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what songs did they play? SOunds like all the good ones were left out

Reply #107268 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Anon#107268... have a look here http://www.u2tours.com/

I have to agree with many of the comments on the Advertiser website. We saw them twice in Sydney on the weekend and I must say that the crowd was so much better than in Adelaide. The atmosphere was intense at those two shows, especially the Saturday night. However, while the Adelaide crowd was much, much more tame, U2 themselves were just as good. It was still a great concert.

Reply #107270 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754