Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Grandparent? Like to boogie? NJ wants you!

One day I'm going to find a wacky basketball story without finding it on Deadspin first - but today's not that day.

Really, there's not a lot I can add to this, which actually comes from nba.com itself, other than some phenomenal direct quotage:

The Nets senior dance team will be comprised of men and women who are at least 60 years of age. Those who audition must have some dancing capability. The senior dancers will perform during at least six games this season and will have their ages on the backs of their uniforms.
Vincent Curatola, who plays Johnny Sack on The Sopranos will be one of the audition judges.

(Quick summary for those with fingers too tired to click through: the New Jersey Nets want a group of old fogies to form a new "Senior Dance Team". I hereby give the SDT the nickname "The Hip Displacements".)

Topic #9466 | Report this topic

Stiffy  
Years ago

What would be funnier is to see the cast of the Sopranos getting down and shaking their bad booties at Nets games.

Can't you just see Paulie doing the splits or Vito Spatafore dressed up like a member of the Village People?

Reply #107500 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ha ha ha...No Stiffy, that episode with Vito was on 2 weeks ago...

Reply #107505 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

OH!!! - in that indignant Mafia fashion that means you are not long for this world...

Reply #107538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754