walsh peter
Years ago

Chin wag with Phil

Sorry about the delay.

Interview with Phil will be posted around lunchtime today!!

Dont forget to come and see the women on Friday night against Canberra

Topic #9473 | Report this topic

benj  
Years ago

It is up - and interesting, a few soft responses, but I will let others hear it and I want to hear it again before I start shooting things down.

Reply #107594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone summarize pls? i cant stand hearing his voice.

Reply #107596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can i get a link to that plz

Reply #107598 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

i cant stand you whining about phil, so i aint going to post a summary - if you cared you would listen - i hear netball are after some new supporters

direct link
I think you will need real (crap) player - that is the format that it is in

Reply #107599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After all the excuses and twisted situations I no longer bother listening to anything Phil says. Not everyone wwill agree with that but thats just how it is for me.

Reply #107606 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Is this available in any other format? It wont work on my machine here.

Reply #107631 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

#107606 you cant be bothered listening i cant be bothered summarizing

TP you will either need to install the player or wait for walshy to come back this way and maybe he can put it up in a different format for you (I hate real player but abc use it throughout their site, and i have installed it just for that reason)

Reply #107650 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

When I try to install sh*thouse real player the download doesnt even work! Now what am I ment to do.

Reply #107656 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Can someone please help me out?

Reply #107658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Novice!

Reply #107661 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

get stuffed anon, when i click on download the download freezes.

Reply #107671 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Thanks Heaps Peter. Good to have his point of view.
Cheers.

Reply #107714 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Listened to interview with Mal Hemmerling too. Ditto to comment he made re people calling for Phil's sacking being 'OVERLY DRAMATIC.'
Hear that you guys?
*grin*

Reply #107718 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

Nick are u on broadband or dial up

I find his answering to not going up to after match in the apollo restaurant because he wasn't invited - weak

Also did anyone spot the 6-8 week extension to 6-10 weeks, - i do hope that at least after week 10 we can see some improvement in the team - if not phil might need to extend that to 6-12 weeks (or months even)

But I thought the rest of it was interesting - i have been disappointed with Phil this year and believe that the changes will reignite him and we will have a good 2nd half of the year.

Reply #107744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm,spot on Benj. Apollo excuse = flat out lie!

Reply #107748 | Report this post

PJ  
Years ago

benj- i thought he said 4-6 weeks? when did it become 6-10 weeks? and that after-match thing is just WEAK. they have been doing after-match speeches for years and players and coaches have even been rostered in the past. that is why i have no time for that man - never accepts responsibility. benj you have to agree with that?? priorities are not with the club.

Reply #107771 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

benj, I've got broadband.

I know nearly everyone on this website are Phil haters but I've seen what he's done in the past and have faith he can still do the job *sense serious abuse coming*.

Reply #107816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually normally whoever is doing the interviews upstairs DOES ask for who they want to speak to.

And realistically, given the atmosphere on this site with Phil haters, can you blame them for not wanting Phil, or Phil not wanting to go??

The upstairs function is meant to be for the fans to have a chance to have a chat with players and/or coaching staff about the game just played, not to be hijacked by the fairweather fans who want Phil's blood because the team isn't performing to their expectations at the time. The atmosphere it would generate would put most people off of going upstrais again, which would result in the function eventually being canned for lack of interest.

Who's interest would that be in???

Food for thought.

Reply #107853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh, keep those eyes shut and the trouble will go away1

ive never heard one of those chats hijacked. another weak excuse. if thats food for thought, my brain is still hungry.

Reply #107860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats what I'm saying...if Phil went up there, given the current mood of some people towards him, they then WOULD be hijacked. I never said they had been.

But once again, I KNOW that the interviewers ask for who they want to speak to, so it is slightly possible that Phil has not been asked for....we are all pretty much speculating on that fact.

Reply #107866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont agree that it would be hijacked badly. he SHOULD be answering questions about why the team is getting the results they are(nt). it is just one excuse after another. was he at either of the last two quiz nights? was that because he wasnt invited????

he is just not interested enough or working hard enough.

Reply #107876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754