manager
Years ago

Singapore series cancelled

unfortunately the planned tour by the Singapore National team was cancelled yesterday. Lack of any accomodation space due to the ashes was sited as one of the reasons
Apologies to everyone

Topic #9475 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I bet they saw a picture of Hillcrest and said we're not f'n playing there!

Reply #107582 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

LOL, your spot on there Sturty6ers.

Reply #107583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least at Hillcrest you won't get hit on the head by a falling light while looking for the ball that has fallen through the cracks!!

Reply #107604 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

No, but you do have to go outside to change your mind!!

Reply #107613 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Anon, face it, the Hillcrest stadium is a dump.

Reply #107654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As far as I know (apart from the Dome) the only stadiums that are up to International standards for Safety (Runoff areas) are Starplex and Mt. Barker. Hillcrest isn't even safe for Juniors. Don't know how they can even play ABA there.

Reply #107673 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

And Wayville, i reckon thats the best stadium apart from the dome.

Reply #107687 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Mt Barker isnt a wooden floor, surely thats a requirement to be international standard.

Reply #107699 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Singapore cancelled its trip to Darwin about 2 weeks ago.. Looks like they once again found a better offer.

Reply #107727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

actually i dont think the dome is fully international compliant either - court 2 is ok, but court 1 & 3 I dont reckon have enough run off for international standards

Reply #107741 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754