tony Blair
Years ago

Forum appreciation day

Just a general note of thanks to Isaac specifically for hosting this wonderful forum but also to all of his unseen moderators, you do a mighty job.

So often we are all blinkered in our appoach to our posts. We believe we have the right of speech (which we do in moderation) sometimes we are fair and accurate in our posts sometimes tired and tempermental or downright hostile depending on topic, time of day, and state of mind.

Personally I try not to post something until I've taken my fingers from the keyboard for a few minutes. Sometimes I type a rely and hit close instead of send.

Basically my message in this is we should all appreciate what we have.

I read where Isaac is accused of favourism all over the place.

Isaac must be a parent/coach/player/junior player/referee/scoretable/statistian/evaluator/floor wiper and dancing girl because he is accused of favouring each one at some stage or other.

At some stage he must favour
sturt/west/woodville/forestville/southern/south/north/eastern/centrals in no particular order

then he must had said teams equally as much. if he locks topics he is accused of bias if he doesn't lock topics he is accused of bias.

Keep up the good work Isaac and all of your various helpers.

Topic #9505 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Yeah - Ditto... Living in Japan this site keeps me in the loop re: SA Basketball - totally...

Reply #108137 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

I vote for Issac to be a dancing girl. Preferably one that is female. Preferable one who looks like a Newcastle Knights cheerleader.

Reply #108139 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I would hate to see Isaac in a miniskirt. It brings back images of Bizzy.

Reply #108140 | Report this post

tony Blair  
Years ago

I'd vote that Isaac would have better legs

Reply #108141 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

(You know I hate these threads about me!)

BTW, my only bias is towards the dancers because they're awesome - hi girls!

A lot of these thanks should go to the moderators who help clean up around the place - Hoop Addict, Libertine, DJ, Double Clutch (he's useless though, other priorities, pfft!), Bo Hamburger and Bizzy has recently been added too.

Reply #108144 | Report this post

tony Blair  
Years ago

I was trying to make the point (badly it seems) that even though you show no bias you are accused of it at every turn.

Thanks also then to Hoop Addict, Libertine, DJ, Double Clutch, Bo Hamburger and Bizzy

Ta a bunch guys.

Reply #108147 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

"At some stage he must favour
sturt/west/woodville/forestville/southern/south/north/eastern/centrals in no particular order"

I knew it Isaac! You have it in for Norwood don't you?!

Reply #108150 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, they suck!

Reply #108151 | Report this post

tony Blair  
Years ago

an of course the forum wouldn't be the forum without posters

like Panther, Sturty6ers,Lockstock, Dana, EC, Statman, and many others too numerous to mention.

Reply #108157 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

much love.

It goes off like a frog in a sock!

Reply #108159 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

I would like to also pass on my appreciation to all involved in keeping the forum up and running.

It has helped me through many a boring hour at work.

Cheers guys.

Reply #108160 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Is that bias towards dancers ( plural) or dancer ( singular)?

Reply #108164 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brockman, we all have favourites but how can you not love them all?

Reply #108169 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

you da man Isaac. Much love

Now back to English.. thanks for the honourable mention TB.

Reply #108172 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I second the above thank yous. Really helps those of us who aren't living in Adelaide. ;-)

Reply #108199 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Thanks for the mention TB. I just wish I could put a face to all the alias's.

Reply #108203 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Whilst TB and I dont usually get along, have to agree for once ;) and say thanks Isaac as well.

I know how much hard work you out into this thing, and I know how much it took to get going in the first place, but to see what it has become (even though some days I DO wonder!!), we have a great place here to express thoughts, opinions and facts, and have healthy debates.

Reply #108209 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

lol bugger all this appreciation..the man has a ferrari..what the hell more does he want.

cheers Isaac

Reply #108217 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

here here Moses - its a great source of gossip, fact and opinion and certainly gives those of us not in SA with a finger on the pulse a great source of al BBall news.

Thanks to Isaac and all the mods....

I must say hasnt Bizzy come a long way since he hit the site in the middle of last year ;)

Reply #108221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754