Rodney Carney
Years ago

when Hero to Zero is a good thing

From 'world champs' to well below 500 and things loking pretty bleaque, the situation Down in Miami may not be as bad as it appears. should Miami's slump continue, they could be looking at an early draft pick in 07 from a draft class which is projected to be one of... if not the strongest ever, especially in the big man department which is absolutely loaded.

Topic #9542 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh? I think they should tank games to get a high draft pick. Maybe they are doing that already and Shaq is not really injured.

Reply #108553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be a good strategy. Look at the guys coming in next year hopefully...Oden, Noah, Horford, Durant, even thought he's like 6 ft 9 he has a 7 ft 5 wingspan. the list just goes on and on. Whose that big guy from Gonzaga that held Hansborough from UNC to like 9 pts and a pretty bad game? According to the guys that called that game he is a legitimate number 1 pick.

Reply #108557 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

I doubt that next years draft will even come close to the 2003 draft.

Reply #108569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your right if by that you mean we wont see another Melo or D-Wade but in terms of how deep the draft goest, especially in the big man departemnt, provided everyone that is expected to nominate does, the 07 draft pool will be insane man. lookin foward to seein those guys duke it out in years to come.

Reply #108571 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

This has got to be the most stupid thread in a long time.

'From 'world champs' to well below 500 and things loking pretty bleaque'

What? Miami are 5-8, and will 6-8 in about five minute (they're just about to beat Philadelphia), meaning they would have won two in a row. They just got Jason Williams back, Wade is playing awesome, they've still Zo, and they've unleashed Dorell Wright.

Yet already your saying that they should just tank the next 68 games, just so they might get a good player down the track? Wow, I'm glad your not coaching....

Reply #108627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you take the "tank games" comment serious 24, than you should not be throwing the word stupid at other people.

Reply #108664 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Don't want to sound like the language police here, but...

The funniest part of this thread is the word 'bleaque'!

Reply #108666 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Durant in the NBA???

He's only just started on WNBL!!!

Reply #108668 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yogee, that's terrible..... I think you should give yourself a self-imposed 1 week ban for that post.

Reply #108712 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

I agree. But can you make it a bit longer please Yogee ;)

Reply #108717 | Report this post

Rodney Carney  
Years ago

I didn't suggest they tank it, some annonymous post did. this thread is pretty much just hypohtetical... like a scenario where the Heat go from champs to average for one season and it pays dividends for seasons to come. I was just thinking, Shaq isn't going to be there forever and it looks like they definitely need a quality big man to build that one - two punch that worked pretty well for last years Miami team and virtually all the good lakers teams. I'm not sugesting they do so, ur right 24, tankin this early would be rediculous, but what if they didin't tank it but they just got beat like they have been for the first couple of weeks? I blame the minister for education and my kindergarten teachers for the spelling mistake. Its spelt bleike.

Reply #108725 | Report this post

Anyone know about the NBAs recent rule. Its something like a player has to be one year removed from college and/or 19+ years of age. Except i'm not sure if its both. If it is then Durant can't nominate for the 07 draft.

Reply #108730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know... Durant being in the WNBL is pretty funny but the funniest thing in this thread is twenty four's post. I blame the language police for not doing thier job.

Reply #108731 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

108553, I didn't take the Anon post for real. I just read Rod's post as saying that the Heat shouldn't worry if they don't do well this year as they'll have a good draft pick waiting...

Rod, I see your point, all I'm saying is that I think it's probably a little too early to be talking so neagative about the Heat.

Reply #108768 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754