Nick
Years ago

Pat Mills- How good is he?

Hi,

I am a student at St Mary's in the US, and I was looking at our basketball recuriting for this year. Although in the past we have a good success in getting into the NCAA tourney and normally securing #2 in our division, this year looks like a bit of a downer. I think we will probaly get 3rd place with the struggles we are having at PG and lack of a real go-to man. This most-Kickert team is lacking his scoring ablitity.

Anyway, I was reading that coach benett had just signed Pat Mills from Australia and was wondering what type of talent he was. Is he going to be a stud PG? We also signed Lucas Walker and Carlin Hughes from Australia. The big question is can we expect Kickert-like talent from any of these players?

Thanks for your time,
Nick

Topic #9544 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pat Mills is supposed to be the best point guard to come out of Australia.

Reply #108578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whatever, Kersten is THE best point guard to come out of oz recently

Reply #108585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kersten has had a very poor NCAA career so far. He isn't even starting anymore for New Mexico State. Horrible 3-pt percentage and only 4.7 points per game.

Reply #108590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pat Mills is a superstar. You'll be in good hands Nick.

Reply #108610 | Report this post

Why don't you recruit Dominique Cooks? 17 y.o 6'4 point guard(still growing), capt of the winning NSW country u/18 team.
His Dad also played at St Mary's so you have tradition as well!

Reply #108633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pat mills will be the best thing that has happened to st mary's. he is a great leader, a great person and a great player. Dom cooks isn't in the league of mills...and isn;t a point guard. So that is probably why st mary's haven;t recruited him.

Reply #108688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have seen Pat Mills play for AIS against Mt Gambier Pioneers - He is a quality player.

Reply #108844 | Report this post

Meg  
Years ago

Not only is Pat the best little point guard he's also really good looking hahahahahahha

Reply #109283 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

Check out this story on Mills.

Cooks is a good on-court general (in the 2/3 spot), but hasn't got the skills that Pat does.

Reply #110513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pat Mills IS the best talent out of Australian. He will to great things for your team. He's like magic!

Reply #135267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eshays pat mills is the most hectic PG in Australia he dropped something like 21 (top scored) when he played for Australia against New Zealand

Reply #152312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh yeah and crazy hustle too

Reply #152313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pat is a natural born basketballer he will keep comin at hes opponents and never give up . he is my inspiration

Reply #156350 | Report this post

Kuiyam  
Years ago

To date he's played four games for St. Marys....So how good is he?????

Reply #159518 | Report this post

Nathan  
Years ago

I'v played against im here in canberra aus at the tuggeranong basketball stadium... hes fucking awesome...

Reply #193724 | Report this post

Alan  
Years ago

Hey Nick,
After his first college season and the Olympics, the answer to your question is??
Suitably impressed I hope.
He's a gun or as we say in Oz...fare dinkum!!

Reply #213669 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754