Harfa Yank
Years ago

Chris Clausen Signs with Nicholls St.

Chris Clausen Signs with Nicholls St.
Freshman Chris Clausen signed of letter of intent to play for NCAA division 1 Nicholls State University next season. The Nicholls State Colonels are located in Thibodaux, Louisiana and is a member of the Southland Conference. Chris, who is originally from Australia, will join five other Australian players who are currently on the Nicholls St. roster. Chris was an NCAA qualifier out of high school and therefore could go to a Division 1 University after just one year here at Fort Scott CC.

"Mr. Double-Double"- Chris Clausen recorded double digit scoring & rebounding in games over William Jewell (11pts, 10 reb), Mid-American Nazarene (10pts, 11 reb), & Ottawa (23pts, 11 reb).

Topic #9557 | Report this topic

Chris Clausen is one of the few SA players to get a Div 1 Scholarship, not having gone to the AIS.

There would probably be under 5 (that I can think of) in the past 10 yrs that have achieved this.

Well done Chris, ya champ!

Reply #108739 | Report this post

Jimmy_the_Snitch  
Years ago

Where did his old man (Dan Clausen) go to college?

Reply #108741 | Report this post

Uni of North Dakota.

Reply #108746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone have a link to a website for Fort Worth CC, to see some boxscores and game chat etc.

Reply #108812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

from http://www.aussiehoopsamerica.com/
under
http://www.colonelsports.com/scripts/nsudb.pl?cgifunction=Search&sport=mbasketball
they seem to have a thing for Australians that did not attend the AIS.

Reply #108832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris started at Fort Scott

http://www.fortscott.edu/athletics/mBasketball/athmbro.asp

Reply #108833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched Chris Clausen play at Nationals Schools in ALbury last year and although I do not know the guy personally, he looked like a arrogant idiot in this game. He warmed up with tracksuit pants and his ipod. At the end of the game, I can;t remember who they were playing, it was a close game and the other team had 2 free throws. During the free throws Clausen was talking ALOT to the player on the line. Then at the other end Clausen missed a wide open putback on the buzzer so his school lost by 1 or 2...i can't quite remember. Then one of the players from the other team taked a bit of S**t to Clausen bout the missed putback, Clausen threw a bit of a hissyfit. What is the guy really like? Is he arrogant or was this an isolated case? It looked to me as an arrogant player being able to give it but not take it. Enlighten me please

Reply #108834 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Dan Clausen ('the old man') was one of the toughest imports to play out here. Fantastic fundamentally with the sweetest hook shot you've ever seen. Great rebounder and team player to boot.I would hope his son would have the same attributes as I'm sure Dan would have headed him in this direction.

Reply #108841 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Chris has a lot of time for his boys whilst coaching at Liona and I dont think anybody there would say he was arrogant !!!!

Reply #108852 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Sorry Lions!

Reply #108853 | Report this post

Uncle Rico  
Years ago

Thanks Vicky Pollard (108834)

Reply #108861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A great effort indeed, but dont confuse playing at a sub par div 1 school as being a greater achievent than other SA players playing at high profile D2 schools in the NCAA or other leagues!

Reply #108879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont you love how some people like to piss in the wind at every chance.

OK, I'll play.

Which SA players are playing at "high profile" D2 schools at the moment?

NAIA doesn't count and neither do redshirts.

Reply #108881 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Considering this sub par div 1 school plays against big arse programs like Texas, LSU and Washington to name a few, im pretty sure Chris would be pleased with his decision. Playa hater??

Reply #108894 | Report this post

Has Chris been getting any assists?

Reply #108901 | Report this post

Do you even need assists when you're averaging a double double?

Reply #109098 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Chris is a gun, he may seem arrogant at times when he plays but its what he uses to play the way he does.

Outside of basketball he is a down to earth guy.

Reply #109113 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754