Double Clutch
Years ago

36ers - Pirates Crowd Figure

Seeming as it wasn't published on the NBL's site I e-mailed Marc from the NBL. 4,638 up only 240 tickets on the 4,398 who attended against Townsville.

Not sure if this is expected or not in terms of the conditions for a casual fan. Sure, the game was on a Saturday night at a later time, (no work to rush home from to go to the game) but it was against the celler dwellers from last year, a potential deterent. Additionally Brad Newly may have attracted some fans to the game against the Townsville, but fans could have stayed away due to it being on Fox.

I know the couple of games last year against New Zealand attracted some New Zealand fans in Aus, so hopefully a few will come out this week, along with some casual fans who have seen the team playing well and get it above 5,000.

The other unpublished crowd figure was for Brisbane - West Sydney, being 2,200. Damn well looked more than 2,200 on television to me.

Topic #957 | Report this topic

OZBBallDream  
Years ago

I was just curious ?...because I'm an Adelaidian living in Melbourne I am unaware if the 36rs offer a group discount with tickets ??

I Know the melb tigers can hardly compare to our crowds, but one good thing they have done in trying to change this is offer group discounts, here check this out..

http://www.sportal.com.au/tigers.asp?i=news&id=54539

If the 36rs aren't doing this already they should be !..and isaac just confirmed with me that there is nothing on the 36rs site about this ?? (Group bookings)

Not even a link to where you can buy tickets ??..that sucks !

Reply #10537 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Didn't know you couldn't!

I'm keeping tabs on the season. Last round averaged 3,352 people a game. The first round 3732 and the second 3,277. The season average thus far is 3,432. Ausstadiums has the NBL average as from 1/1/03 as 3,688. That includes the end of 02-03 which was much better than 03-04 of course, (Giants a good 2,000 or so better, while sixers crowds were down 25%). Even taking out the Giants poor crowd performance crowds are most likely a little bit up on last season, (Cairns, Perth, Townsville, Hunter and New Zealand all seem to be doing better than last season). Hopefully things pick up to around the 4,000 mark as the season continues.

Oh yeah average scores per round are: 101.9, 98.1 and 101.3 so the offences are doing good which is fun to see.

Reply #10539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know this is probably posted everywhere.. but how much are

ADULT
STUDENT/CONCESSION
CHILDREN

to watch a home game?? i really wanna go but from what i hear its too expensive to go most of their games :(

Reply #10540 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Venuetix says: $24.70/adult, $20.20/concession and $16.60/children under 14. Plus a $3.30 fee per ticket, and a $2.20 transaction fee.

Nothing on the Sixers site, but I think those raw prices ($24.70/adult, etc) are available at the door?

Reply #10542 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

Isaac,
I rang the Sixers office yesterday to buy sime tickets for my sister and nephew. Prices are as quoted, except the booking fee is still paid EVEN if you buy tickets at the door. I was told this is to cover the cost of printing the tickets and allocating a seat!!

Just out of interest, I was also told that the 'cheap' tickets they used to sell at the top of South stand and in the corners above the concourse are not being offered anymore because people were buying the cheaper seats, and sitting in better seats belonging to other people. Apparently this caused arguments, and even fights!! I thought thats what the security guys were there for, but obviously this is not the case anymore and they are just observers and ushers.

Reply #10839 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

OK, so $28/adult, $23.50/concession and $19.90 for a child under 14? Or were you referring to the transaction fee of $2.20 for the whole booking?

Is this the same for seats above the concourse or below?

Thanks for the info either way.

Reply #10840 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

Booking fee on each ticket plus the transaction fee for charging to a credit card. And prices do not vary whether you sit at the front or up in the clouds at the back of Southern stand. I pointed out that I thought it was ridiculous to expect people to pay the same price for seats regardless of their location. What entertainment event charges you the same price regarless of how well you can see the action? Only one I can think of is the movies, which may explain why so many people watch DVD's instead!!!

Reply #11187 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754