Isaac
Years ago

Lightning get up in a close one!

Sydney Uni average 84 points a game but were held to just 64 points as the Lightning reversed the previous result against the Flames with a critical 65-64 win.

Phillips 25, King 12, Gahan 10.

Flames had a chance in the dying seconds but missed and Gahan dragged down a clutch board and held it FTW.

Lightning have beaten one of the top teams for the second week in a row, and did it without Rasmussen. Not bad at all.

I dare say Lucas, MikeD and Vince are going to be pretty chuffed with this result. Lightning will be equal top with Canberra now (Caps beat the Fire) and a game clear of Sydney.

Two of their next three would likely be pencilled in too (hopefully that doesn't jinx them).

Topic #9590 | Report this topic

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Couldn't get to this weeks game but - Erin Phillips!!! What a legend. The stats say it all 40 mins, 25 points at 66%, 5 threes at 60%, 5 boards, 6 assists.

Those are some GOOD numbers!

Go Lightning - the best show in town.

Reply #109129 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Have to give huge praise to Jess Foley as well who spent considerable minutes guarding Veal and well the boxscore shows how Veal's game was.

Reply #109134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney were missing Trish Fallon and I think they felt it....that probably equalled us not having Rasmussen though. Great game, Phillips is a freak and still so young. Anyone know why Dee Ranford isn't hitting the court???

Reply #109146 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

i asked the same question last week anon. I think I know the answer, but wanted it confirmed if anyone else knew anything.

Reply #109149 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

She was going to be subbed in just before half time, but then they didn't get the stoppage to let her in, and I think the sub patterns Adelaide were running just didn't get Dee the chance.

Reply #109150 | Report this post

walsh peter  
Years ago

What a win !!!!

To the team--- You stand tall!!!

You squeezed every ounce of energy out of your bodies and gave us a memorable win.

Well done!!!

Stirring stuff.

Every member of the team deserves a pat on the back!!!

Reply #109162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so why do you think it is benj??

Reply #109249 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:55 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754