123abc
Years ago

European Match Riot

Saw on Channel 10 news.

A huge riot in Greece (i think) started BEFORE the match! It showed hundreds rioting, chairs been thrown, smashed and flares there too. 6 people injured.

Unbelievable!

Has the NBL ever had a riot?

Topic #9632 | Report this topic

Tony Blair  
Years ago

don't think so but there were two in OZ97 (world championships for men 22 and under) in melbourne

one after the match when turkey played and the turkey fans invaded the court and chased players etc.

Worse one when the front glass window at Melb Park got broken by Turkish and Yugoslavian fans when the teams faced each other on court.

There were flares lit in side, chairs ripped up, bottles of water and coins thrown on the court. People were leaning over the edge and spitting on the players.

Reply #109721 | Report this post

Richie c  
Years ago

There was good blue at the snakepit in about 1994 wollongong v Bullets, i think hammer and sibley were there Andre moore rodger smith for brisbane Dene Mac donald Melvin Thomas craig adams for the gong a couple of players came off the bench and two big haymakers thrown by Melvin and Sibley. Hammer was right in there as well

Reply #109727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it anywhere to be found on Youtube?

Reply #109753 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

there was some good ones between tigers and magic mid 90s .. featuring ray gordon and darren lucas.

Reply #109764 | Report this post

Stiff breeze  
Years ago

Darren Ng Vs Dougie MacDonald-Taylor - a riot waiting to happen.

Reply #109769 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cat shadow boxing for the sixers a few years a go...That was HUGE.

Well there should have been a riot after the tribunal finding anyway...

Reply #109785 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

The 22under one was a classic......
I tunred up for the following game (Australia v PR from memory) only to find that my seat no longer existed. It had been ripped from it's footings.

I found (number on the back) it at quarter time when I went outside for a spoke and it was bent into a pretzel shape lying next to a broken window.

I decided I would sit somewhere else.

As for Catt......he took another couple of steps towards that rabid Giants cheersquad and it would have been on for young and old. It WAS close.

Reply #109828 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I went for a smoke (before anyone jumps on that typo).....Not a poke.

I wish!!!

Reply #109830 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754