Kent Brockma
Years ago

Just an idea

it has been shown that we are struggling with the 3/4 spot at the moment hence the quest for Timmons.

Why not this?

Move Horvath to the 3 and let him show his outside game that Phil signed him up for.

Wheels and Coop at the 4/5

Topic #9638 | Report this topic

Izzy  
Years ago

Good idea...my only concern is that Horvath couldn't guard any of the quicker 3 men in the league. Heaven knows, he certainly isn't going to get any help on penetration!

Reply #109799 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would defending SFs be a problem? I guess you could switch Coops out to the perimeter on defense and see how he went.

If opponents ran a press, you would need to rely on Coops again to help.

Also, you'd have no height beyond those guys, so you'd need to cycle them out after a while to keep them fresh.

I'm surprised Horvath hasn't been taking more threes though.

Reply #109800 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Last time I saw Coops try his perimeter D was against the Kings when Worthington totally torched us!

Reply #109802 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

The artist formerly known as Kent Brockman?

Reply #109819 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

If Horvath is quick enough and able to hit the perimeter shot im not against him given a go at the 3 spot from time to time, i like him at the 4 spot though, and if he is able to step out and hit the 3 like KB and Cat used to do from the 4 spot and not just rely on his inside post up game that would be awesome and the 36ers style suits a 4 man who can step out and hit the mid range perimiter shot better than a post up player anyway

Reply #109829 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:33 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754