Exhibition game with Southern and Country

I see Southern are playing some games at Port Pirie against Port Pirie and Port Augusta. Open clinics as well to 10s to 14s. Recruiting?

Topic #9639 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Highly unlikely that people in Pirie would want to travel to southern.

Reply #109815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anything is possible at southern!!!

Reply #109821 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

you idiots. Another club bashing thread for the simple minded.
Southern are doing this as they have been invited to and are being well looked after. It is an opportunity for the teams to get a game under their belt in front of what has been promised to be a large and vocal crowd, and have a bit of a team bonding exercise with a weekend away. It will be interesting to see what the area can throw at the 3 teams travelling to Port Pirie.
To show their gratitude for the hospitality and the invitation Southern will be providing coaching clinics to anyone who is interested the Sunday morning following the Saturday night games. It is a way to say thankyou.

Reply #109822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whatever helps you sleep at night, lockstock.

But why arent Southern getting busy developing their own kids instead of trying to recruit country kids?

Also, is a "road trip" really going to help the senior men?

Reply #109823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not now that Lockstock's back there!

Reply #109825 | Report this post

Ron Burgundy  
Years ago

Anonymous,
If you weren't a woman i would punch you - i would punch you right in the face...

Reply #109832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL lets bag southern about recuirting country kids. Hello STURT, NORTH, oh as lockstock said "simple minded people"

Reply #109838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but at least they don't bullshit about how they were 'invited' You guys will never be close to the likes of Sturt and North.

Reply #109847 | Report this post

u jealous mo foes  
Years ago

get ya heads out ya asses, whenever a club does something a little different you other clowns who aren't doing anything think of anything to bag whatever goes down.....PITY YOU FOOLS!

Reply #109858 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

The game is an exibition game and the training on the Sunday is for the country kids to get training from the players that played the night before. I dont see what all the fuss is. Whats wrong will Adelaide Bball coming to a country town and playing against quality country bballers? And to stop all the whinging... It was my idea and Southern were generous enough to help out. Let the games and crowd speak for all you people who bag it...

Reply #109880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the... just what is all that about?

I am no southern fan but any club that is willing to take basketball to the country and spread the net(no pun) even further to encourage more people to play is on the right track.
And when are those of you who just happen to live in the 'burbs going to start understanding that country kids have exactly the same right to play and compete as you do. They don't get any favours in fact their commitment is ten fold that of any city dweller, with travel, accommodation, financial burden etc., and I don't think I have seen one negative post about all these city kids being developed in BSA clubs and taking spots from more talented dedicated country kids!
And before you all start hitting your keyboards - I have been very closely involved with both, as a player, a coach and now as a parent, and I know just how tough country basketball does it. Bottom line - the world doesn't revolve around the CBD. Good on you southern for taking basketball to the grass root level and let's hope that it encourages a few more to take the game up for the long haul.

Reply #109917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PPDO,

So if its was your idea, why did you pick the club that had to travel the most. Did you not invite other clubs that were closer?

Reply #109962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PPDO,

More importatnly, why did you not ask the club that has been attending your junior tournament for the last 10 years?

Reply #109964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Southern.

I am sure you will help promote the game and if you do pick up any kids then you will be up their with Sturt and Forestville in Country recruiting.

Reply #110006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Lame sniping.)

Reply #110010 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

Wow sharp criticism from anonymous(109964)???? Who would that club be????? so to answer crap from people that dont have the balls to put there name on the post, i wont waste my time.

Reply #110232 | Report this post

crystalcruiser  
Years ago

unbelievable!
Somebody trying to do the right thing for the sport by taking an active role and promoting it and either all you other people are just lazy asses who can't be bothered or are jealous of some intiative being used by other people so you bag it!
Who is the winner in the end?
Southern ,the country basketball,or basketball in general!
Who cares, but at least somebody is making an effort to promote the sport!

Reply #110242 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

Thankyou crystalcruiser.... The winner will be.....
"Southern, the country basketball, or basketball in general!"
ITs not the only thing going great in Pirie at the moment because we will have our Mini Blitz again in Feb 17 & 18 and unlike the ones that are run in Adelaide, ours is for very good prize money (last year was $1000 for winner). Sorry invite only!!!!

Reply #110261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PPDO, So now you are bagging city comps? Who going to want to come now. So you shaft a club that supports your carnivals and then don't have the 'balls' to answer the question.

Reply #110271 | Report this post

Sportyboy  
Years ago

so lets get this strait Sturt and North can do what ever they want and not get baged for it but when southern are trying to get the game out there for kids to play the game its wrong. why is this???????????
probly coz sturt and North wernt asked to go up there and think they are going to miss out on a player or two.

if u are a true lover of the game who care where who goes and you just have people playing the game. so grow up and get a life and just support the game

Reply #110426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:34 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754