Dana
Years ago

NH: Damien Martyn announces retirement

Damien Martin just announced his retirement.

Topic #9657 | Report this topic

xmas cheer  
Years ago

WOW! who will play instead of him cos watsons still injured

Reply #110069 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #110070 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Jacques possibly, or maybe go with an extra bowler?

But that's really disappointing for Marto, he had done a good job of getting back into the team after he was dropped last ashes series.

Reply #110071 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

A very overrated cricketer.

Reply #110076 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hoo Bloody Ray....

Tait in, Hussey to 4, Clarke at 5 Gilly at 6.....

4-0 result....

Reply #110083 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Dud  he should have retired 15 year ago and saved a lot of people lot of pain and suffering

Reply #110087 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Brad Hodge should play. Gilchrist at no 6 is not a great idea in current form.

Reply #110091 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

What, 50 odd off 70 balls is not good...fair call then..

Reply #110094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha Brad Hodge ..... hes just as bad

Reply #110100 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Time for some young blood.

I say they should give the all-rounder from NSW a go - Moises Henriques, bat him at 6 ans he has some steady seam up.

It's either that or they might go Hodge, seeing he scored 203 at the WACA last summer, or maybe Symonds?

Reply #110102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find Brad Hodge is injured anyway

Reply #110103 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Brad Hodge pulled a heart muscle bending over to look for his ego.

Reply #110112 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

tait and martyn out, adam voges and andrew symonds into 13.

Reply #110120 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Hodge injury only very short term, he'll be ok come thursday.
DB5 - Gilly hasn't scored a ton in over 18 months.
What about Katich?

Reply #110121 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I personally would have liked him to see if he was gonna be dropped. If he was fair enough, if not (like the ACB have said was the case) then play in this test in front of your home states crowd announcing it was to be your last.
Nothing like a retirement to gee guys up for a win.

Reply #110125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey everyone, DO NOT, bag a man who has just retired gracefully from the sport he once loved.

I am sure when he that century in Edgbaston or the Match Winning innings in India at the world cup and in South Africa, you weren't baggin him then.

He has been the best cricketer in the Australian team (that is a very difficult thing to achieve)... but at international level on more occasions than not, he has held is own.

He deserves recognition for the fight and determination he once showed... and for those that understand, he is a fantastic role model... particularly when it comes to showing how to handle those ups and downs of any sport.

Any player on the fringe of selection could stand up and fight for his spot or can walk away and not even try... he has stood up and fought for many years now and fought hard for his passion, winning cricket for Australia.

Not to mention his complete sportmanship in the heat of battle - kids take note - this is how you stand proud!

If at the age of 35, I have been through as many ups and downs as he has with his sporting career and over excerted myself for so long, I too would feel exhausted and unable to commit over 100% to the game.

For someone who doesn't have as much 'natural ability' as someone like Shane Warne or Ricky Ponting he has held is own.

Good on you Marto!
Your another quiet achieving hero of Australia Sport.

Reply #110133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just to correct the above...

"He has *(NOT)* been the best cricketer in the Australian team (that is a very difficult thing to achieve)... but at international level on more occasions than not, he has held is own."

Reply #110135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simon Katich! - No Way! he shits me to tears that bloke

Reply #110146 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Good on ya patto....Tait just took 4 for in the first innings in Tassie.....yeah lets drop him from a Test squad!

Symonds is almost guaranteed to never play a Test again, abrring some pretty nasty injuries or a suprising drop in form of a few batsmen at the same time.

Reply #110155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with 110133. No need to bag the guy.. If you think he's crap check out his average and how many man of the match awards he has won..

Reply #110216 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think Jaques can feel pretty hardly done by not making the squad, sure, he's an opener, but if you put him in at 4 I'm sure he'd do the trick. As much as I love Symonds I think we're better off going for a younger player.

Reply #110231 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:04 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754