Isaac
Years ago

Suns at Nets (spoiler)

20 seconds left in the second overtime. Suns up 159-157 over New Jersey. That's coming close to 320 points as the game total!

Steve Nash has 40 points, 6 rebounds, 13 assists. Jason Kidd is matched him with 38 points, 14 rebounds and 14 assists - huge triple double.

Vince Carter fouled out with 31 points and 9 assists while Boris Diaw has 16 points and 14 assists for the Suns.

Have a look at these assist counts:

Kidd: 14
Diaw: 14
Nash: 13
Carter: 9
Barbosa: 7
Williams: 5

What a shoot-out!

Topic #9660 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Like I said previosly and got shot down...
J Kidd is better than Nash...

Reply #110085 | Report this post

JKIDD#5  
Years ago

i like ur thinking DB5

Reply #110138 | Report this post

how do you figure Kidd's better? the fact he lost? the fact he turned it over with 10 seconds left? or the fact nash hit the game tying 3 in regulation, and hit the final 2 foul shots to put the game out of reach for new jersey?

Reply #110148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or the fact Kidd has never won an MVP.

Reply #110150 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

"I think we can go home and turn on Classic NBA,' Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. "It will be on there already. That's the best game I have ever seen.'

Doesn't that just epitomize the mentality of the NBA today. His team gets 157 points scored against him and he's actually happy about the way the game turned out. 2 overtimes or not 318 points sounds more like an All Star game than a "Classic NBA" game. Maybe this type of mentality is why the USA are now second best on a world scale.

Reply #110151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ELG, Maybe the fact that all Nash cares about is his points and assists and the fact that they'll never win a championship because he, along with the rest of his team only care about the offensive side of the game.

Reply #110152 | Report this post

billups1  
Years ago

i dont think he cares about his points more than his assists, thats definately questionable, did you not see the last game he played before today's where he dished out 20!!! assists, and got 11 ptss off 5 of 7 shooting. So he is actuaclly making his whole team better while scoring himself which means he is a valuable player.

Reply #110186 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Mr Clutch, I disagree with your assesment of the NBA, most of the games I've seen this year have been boring as batshit, low scoring matches comprised primarily of players going 1 on 1.

The reason USA are 2nd best is the exact opposite to what you're suggesting, it's the fact they don't play a free flowing, ball passing, open man finding style of game and rely too heavily on the 1 on 1 skills that just don't cut it against an international zone. I've seen a fair bit of European ball (Spanish League and ULEB Cup)this year and the style is so much more atractive than what the NBA is offering, however, I caught Phoenix's game v the Kings earlier this week, where Nash had 9 first quarter assists on his way to 20, and this is more the European style that's winning world chamionships.

It's no coincidence that this high scoring bonanza was between the 2 best, unselfish, PG's in the league. If your idea of "Classic NBA" is watching an 80-78 defensive dogfight with both teams shooting at 35% then good luck to you, I'll stick to my double overtime free flowing high scoring affairs if you don't mind.

Reply #110214 | Report this post

Why wouldn't D'antoni be happy. Phoenix's objective has always been to outscore the opposition.

and the fact that they only care about scoring, why don't you tell that to Raja bell (you know, that guy who shut down kobe in the finals). I don't see the Nets winning much either.

Reply #110220 | Report this post

p.s we can't all play like the lakers, mr. clutch.

Reply #110221 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Has the ALL Star Weekend begun already.....LMAO

This game is a joke.....NO DEFENCE

Enjoy the moment Suns, coz DEFENCE wins titles

Reply #110238 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Well put Billo - for me nothing beats the 80's and the showtime era Lakers teams....fast, free flowing and fun to watch!

Reply #110247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fezlington, 08/12/06

What is your team dropkick!
Great game.

Reply #110250 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Statman agreed, however back in the 80's they actually played defence. I hate to watch the Suns play, no defence is played at all. I would rather watch some massive blocked shots than some open court stuff.

But hey that's just me. Each to their own really.

Edit: I think Rasheed summed it up best:

After watching what seemed to be an endless flurry of uncontested shots for Nash, inside and outside, 'Sheed loudly wondered: "Is anybody going to play any [bleepin'] D in this game?"

Reply #110254 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Im a Lakers man Anon......get a name son before calling anyone a dropkick

Reply #110280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

billups1

When did i say that Nash cares more about points than assists? I simply said that he doesn't care about the defensive side of the game. Read my post properly before making a comment please

Reply #110303 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

I agree with you to a certain extend Billo. I agree that the reason the USA aren't as successful as they once were on a world scale is because of the one on one style of play as opposed to a more team oriented style. However, the USA needs to focus on a more structured style of play as opposed to a free flowing game eg. the Greek team. Their structure on the offensive side aswell as the defensive side is what makes them a good team, if they relied on a "free flowing" style of play they would be terrible.

ELG

You say that D'Antoni's main objective is to outscore the opposition. Maybe this is why they have never been successful in the post season. Just a thought

Reply #110304 | Report this post

More successful that the lakers were last year, mr clutch.

Reply #110311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nash for 3rd straight MVP anyone?? At this point in time i wouldnt bet against him. Wonder what his odds are.

Reply #110339 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Just ELG.......we had you guys on the ropes.......lol

Reply #110410 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Kidd Career.

Games: 885
Ppg: 14.6
Rpg: 6.6
Apg: 9.2

Nash Career.

Games: 719
Ppg: 13.7
Rpg: 2.8
Apg: 7.2

Reply #110465 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754