TR
Years ago

Who Gets Iverson???

Report out of Philly indicate that AI has demanded to be traded. He was meant to play today against Washington, but the offical pre-game report states AI as 'out'.

Rumours are about that he could be Denver bound, but I can't see that happening as why would Karl break up a pretty good squad.

In the beginning of the season reports were circulated that AI is heading to Boston in a 3 team trade with Utah which pretty much had AI going to Boston, Wally and Al Jefferson and spares going to Utah and Boozer and spares going to Philly. Pretty sure Utah would now say no as Boozer is in MVP form.

So, now the speculations begin, where do people think AI ends up???

I'm thinking Bulls (something like Gordon and Deng plus a 1st) or maybe the Celtics will give up West, Green and Ratliff, or will the 76ers take an offer like the Raptors did for Vince (spare parts and numerous 1st round picks).

Topic #9668 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Chicago - I would have said for Gordon, Thomas and a 1st.

Reply #110281 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Oh Atlanta is also a player as well in the AI sweepstakes. Atlanta would be pretty much willing to trade anyone bar JJ and Marvin for AI and they do have possibly lottery draft picks for 2007.

A backcourt of AI and JJ.... nasty.

Minny is also interested and rumours have been getting around that Foye could be used in a trade. KG and AI together would be scary, but would McHale and Taylor be willing to pay around $40 million to 2 players for the next 2+ season???

Reply #110282 | Report this post

unit  
Years ago

Rumour is Isiah feels a line up of Francis, Marbury and Iverson will help his new found game plan of giving Eddy Curry the ball.

Reply #110284 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

why would atlanta want iverson. jj puts up 25 shots a game. theres not enough to go around. give us dalembert!

Reply #110285 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

You'd want Dalembert with his horror contract??? At least AI expires in 2 and a bit seasons which will wipe $20 million off the books.

At the moment JJ faces double and triple teams, if they added AI then who do you leave open or only send a single defender at. Both deserve a double team. Remember also that AI usually puts up around 8-10 dimes a game, that soooo much better than any other Hawk at the moment.

Having AI would also add some more respectability to the franchise and put more ar$es in seats, but I did read that the Hawks have sold out 4 out of 8 home games which is pretty good for the Hawks. AI also resides in the offseason in Atlanta.

Reply #110286 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Garnett after the game Vs the Jazz has told AI to get his arse down to Minnesota

Im not sure The T-Wolves have any trade bait to get him there but

Reply #110290 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

T Wolves have Randy Foye who is a younger version of AI. Probably also include Ricky Davis and Eddie Griffin.

Reply #110292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on McHale, finally do something right for the best player of his generation and bring AI to the T-Wolves

Reply #110293 | Report this post

Richmond Oilers  
Years ago

I'm Just shocked that he's leaving.

i've had a feeling that KG and AI would join at some time during their careers. i was just hoping it would be in Philly, not Mineosota.

I will be heartbroken if he goes to Boston. He hates them with a passion. (as do i)

i think the sixers would rather trade him to someone in the western conference so that he doesnt come back to haunt them. (not that it matters - sixers are pretty much guaranteed lottery)

I'm hopeing Denver, but after watching they're performance today. Andre Miller - 20 assists, JR Smith 37 points, George Karl doesnt really need to make a trade to bring in a franchise player.

Reply #110305 | Report this post

Richmond Oilers  
Years ago

Could work out for Philly, If hey get Randy Foye, Eddie griffin and Ricky Davis/Craig Smith. Finish bottom in the League. get the 1st pick of the 07/08 draft.

Pick Greg Oden. it would be looking pretty damn good for Philly

G Randy Foye
G Andre Iguodala
F Chris Webber
F Greg Oden
C Samuel D/Eddie Griffin

Kyle Korver, Louis Williams, Willie Green and Shavlik Randolph on bench.

Plenty of Room in the Salary Cap. alot of potential on that roster.

Reply #110321 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Unless im mistaken (i could be) hasnt Webber already come out publicly and said that he wants to be traded to a team where he could be the focal player?

Reply #110326 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Latest reports have Minnesota not interested because they cant afford him, which must suck for KG with them not being able to attract any big name players... wonder if he'll be the next star to ask for a trade.

I'd like to think Boston has a good chance at getting AI, we have an overload of youth although its kinda hard to tell which players have a better future than the other. Maybe something along the lines of a West, Jefferson, Tony Allen, Ratliff (expiring seasons end) and a future no 1 pick could get it done, i'm not really sure. Having AI and PP together would hopefully make Boston a much more attractive place for other players to come and lift the popularity/publicity of team up a bit. Still, trading within the same division probably isnt a great idea for either team and I think chicago can offer a better package than us so my guess is on them for the moment.

Reply #110352 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Clarky, Webber hasn't demanded a trade as yet, but it is in BK's game plan to trade him.

Problem is he costs more that AI, so quite possibly they will also have to trade Iggy or Carney or Korver with Webber to make a team bite. For a while there the Knicks were interested in Webber, but dumbar$e Isiah bought out all his expiring contracts (Rose, Taylor).

There is NO way in hell Oden can play as a forward. He's a starting centre for every team in the league not named Houston and possibly Miami.

Reply #110353 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Seems now that AI has come out and told Philly that he'd like to goto Chicago or Boston.

TC's on the money, Taylor has come out stating that they'd love AI, but financially it can't work. Wonder how KG sees this??? I guess he can only kick himself, he's the guy that is taking all the coin.

Reply #110357 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

TR what do you think might happen? Do you think it will be a relatively simple two team trade or a more complicated trade with three or four teams? Unless it's a trade with Chicago I think it could be a multi team/divisional trade. Either way, with AI out of Philly and the return on talent not expected to be even, this has to put Philly right up there in the Greg Oden Sweepstakes.

Reply #110361 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It's an interesting trade this one. I don't really see the sense in Philly doing a one-for-one trade unless it's Lebron, Melo, Yao, Wade or Paul. This is too good of a opportunity for the 76ers to get some cap space back, stock up on future 1st rounder picks and pick up some young up-coming players with potential.

The two teams which could offer good picks along with good young players and a pricey veteran are in the Eastern Conference, Chicago and Boston. I've just read in the Chicago Chronicle that Skiles and Pax ain't that interested.

Philly should/would want to get AI out of the East, then I think maybe Golden State (Davis, Petrius, McLeod type of deal) could be on the cards. Denver also has some tools, but I'm not sure if Nene and Miller are enough, but apparently Philly aren't too fond of Miller anyway. Karl has come out and said he likes his team.

Another Western Conference team that could cash in is Dallas. They could give up JET, Stack and Croshere, plus maybe a 1st rounder for AI.

I think it's going to be a three team trade with at least 2 high named (AI being one) players being moved.

Reply #110363 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Actually thinking about it, it's practically impossible for AI to be had in a one-for-one. The above names can't be had for in a one-for-one, they have to be included in a multiplayer trade, and they are all covered under the Poision Pill provision or on rookie contracts.

The only one-for-one's I can think of which work financially, but not in the best interest for Philly are AI for Shaq or Pierce or J O'Neal or Ben Wallace and other players at his paylevel. Not really worth it financially for Philly.

Reply #110367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is more complicated than a straight trade. Philly has 15 players on their roster. Therefore they would need to Waive players traded to them or cut current players on their roster to take more than 1 player.

They are opperating from a position of minimal power in the trade market. Nobody is goinng to give up a top notch player right now, knowing that hte longer this goes on the more likely the 76ers are going to give up 50c for a $1 trade just to move him. Especially considering all the problems he has had with coaches, trainings, team mates and off court issues like pulling a gun on people.

Other clubs will be trying to play chicken with each other in seeing who can make the best LOW trade to try and get AI. Teams like Boston and Chicago don't really need him all that much. And if they give up too much they will hanstringthemselves in a year or 2 when he can get out of the last year of his current contract.

I figure that Charlotte might be involved in a 3 or 4 team trade as they have massive cap space and could take on an extra player without giving up their ability to sign free agents next year.

Or Toronto might move somebody to add a piece with their flexibilty.

Finally, I thikn that Sactown might be the logical place as they have some pieces and Bibby + a couple with another club involved makes some sence.

Reply #110373 | Report this post

Richmond Oilers  
Years ago

Why can't he just wake up, realise that a trade is a mistake. The sixers are finishing bottom with or without him, trade or no trade. get Oden in the draft and dominate next season.

Reply #110376 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Probably something like this is going through Iversons mind.

Sometimes you wake up in the morning, roll over and look at the wife/husband/g-friend/b-friend and you realise that over the past few months/years that you don't really like them all that much. The only sex you get in corridor sex where you both walk past each other in the corridor and tell the other to *(# off. If it does happen it's with the light off so you don't have to look at them and larger than normal pillows are used to cover heads.

Time for a break-up and hook up with that younger ar$e down the street.

Reply #110387 | Report this post

the awnser  
Years ago

Reply #110412 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I kind of feel sorry for Iverson, he poured his heart into that team for 10 years, always playing injured, busting his balls. They made the Webber trade cause they really thought it was going to make them a championship contender. Too bad it didn't turn out that way. I still don't think Austin Kucher (Kyle Korver) can start and your team be successful.

Yeah his contract is going to be the hard thing to match. Not many teams have 20 mil in contracts they want to get rid of, and Philly will take. Apparently no one wants Webber at all. I can see why, I don't want hikm on my social team, let alone an NBA team.

Reply #110474 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754