Dribbler
Years ago

Refs revisited

At Wayville on Friday night(that 40C day) witnessed a middle aged, very hot and flustered ref umpiring 2 games in a row by himself. While he struggled to keep control(through fatigue not lack of ability) the much younger ref in charge sat and did nothing, only suiting up the older ref went home. With the emphasis on oc. health and safety these days, and all the negatives expressed here regarding bad umpiring, one wonders why this happened.

Topic #9673 | Report this topic

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

I've got to say the standard of reffing lately has been great. Even saw a green shirted ref (at Wayville I think) last week give a very confident display.

Reply #110329 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Did the ref call a time out? I heard a lot being said during the week about refs calling time outs because of heat; my daughter was playing in the heat Friday nite at Wayville, and not 1 time out was called by the umps.

Refs, if you are hot, call a time out; if not let the game go.

Reply #110370 | Report this post

Patty45  
Years ago

Na i know the ref ur tlkin bout i was in one of the games that he refereed, first off wasent runnin much in either game, but anyway all games for this weekend should of been called off.

Reply #110607 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754