Dana
Years ago

Wheeler-Scan reveals has torn calf

Just heard on 891 that he'll be out for at least a month and isn't expected to play till end January

Topic #9684 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Latest I have from the club is that Wheels is out for six weeks, Copes another week and Sutton should have a fitness test this week.

Reply #110471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was that a torn calf or contract

Reply #110477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

be pretty much the same at this stage.

Reply #110505 | Report this post

Woftam  
Years ago

What a waste of .........

Send him back from where he came

Soft as pig shit

Reply #110526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Granted the guy hasn't quite been doing it for the team this season but in checking back most of his down time has been pretty valid stuff that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy and i reckon a torn calf would be a fair call not to be a participator.

Reply #110531 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

I think the games Wheels has played for us this year he did quite; however he has been prone to injury throughout his career, and considering his age, that was never going to improve.

I think its a shame he left in the 1st place.

Reply #110568 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

waste off ??? looking at some of the games this year, if he was given more minutes some games may have had a different out come, im not saying wins but certainly more competitive, there have been games hes come on dominated for a short time then got benched.

maybe because his fitness is not back yet (match fitness) but i certainly think hes been a asset to the team more so then some of the other players who look like they are thier for the ride

Reply #110569 | Report this post

woftam  
Years ago

Magpie, Thommo

In years gone by was a great player, now probably at best serviceable. Point I make is why did the coach recruit an ageing injury prone player. Was injured before even signed.

That is a coach problem. I'm not blaming the player who no doubt is trying to get on the floor

Reply #110572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woftam, #526

"What a waste of .........

Send him back from where he came

Soft as pig shit "
and then you change tack with the the last post #572.
So just how fast are those legs going with the back pedalling?

Reply #110587 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Where one door closes, another opens. Doesn't it mean we get to keep Timmons longer? Not all is lost.

Reply #110592 | Report this post

Woftam  
Years ago

Not back pedalling one little bit. Stating a fact -he was a good NBL player but should not have been recruited. Time has shown that. Certainly has been a waste this year and you cannot deny. 1 good game every 6 or 7 cannot justify a spot no matter what. He is no orphan either for that matter, at least he can blame his injury problems - Cooper, Nash and co can't. Same applies - has beens and the record proves it. 1 good game every 6/7 is why the 6ers are where they are at.

Reply #110596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woftam - what you say in 572 and 596 are valid and yeah I agree with it given how the season has panned out (Did I just agree with you..) but it didn't sound like that was where you were heading with you rfirst post. So how was the bike ride?

Reply #110597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wheeler has done alrite.. not great but he hasn't been a total waste either..

Question is..
was he worth wot we paid 4 him? I dont think so.. I think there's a spot on the team for him but not 4 that kind of money (wasnt it somethin like 100k?)

Reply #110610 | Report this post

woftam  
Years ago

The bike is good - tyres are full of air (all be it hot air sometimes) and just wish those 6ers would get on it and ride it with some good old fashioned gusto and passion

Reply #110611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL woftam - that was good, you get the choccy frog!

ditto.

things are probably a little wobbly at the moment though - balance not right for them - and all they have been getting lately is a lot of hot air.

Reply #110739 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754