Isaac
Years ago

36ers vs Razorbacks, tonight

» Game Preview

Any last tips for this one? Tip-off is in two hours.

Might not be a battle of the NBL heavyweights, but I think it's set to be an intriguing battle that should be worth seeing.

Adelaide at home, taken a hit with injuries, might see Copes and Sutton return if they trained OK today, have got Timmons in to show his worth. Meanwhile, the Pigs would be flat-out pissed off at not having won a game in a while and could smell the blood in the water (if pigs could swim) tonight. Since they were last here, they've changed coach and had a couple of contributors return to the line-up.

36ers are favourites with the bookies, but I don't know how many fans would be willing to stake much on this result.

My call: Pigs up early, 36ers fight back in the second; Adelaide pulls away before a Pigs fightback and a slender win by the home side thanks to Farley's threes in the final few minutes.

Topic #9717 | Report this topic

Nino  
Years ago

36ers have seen the corner and are ready to start turning it. 36ers by 25+

Reply #110962 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

will take the 36ers by a point, just a win.... please!!

woohooo..i get to see the 36ers play on fox.

Just think if they win a couple more, it might be worth me going along when they come back to WA in January.

Reply #110975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is the crowd like?

Reply #110980 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Maher on fire early, in form for a triple-double, with 12/5/7

Reply #110981 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

There goes my crowd prediction of 1500..........

Reply #110982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why didnt they has the ball to horvath at all in the second

Reply #110983 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Straight from Caseys' mouth....

'at the end of the second only a field goal difference between 10th and 12th'

Reply #110984 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Why hasn't Timmons been on yet?

Reply #110985 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Whats the score?

Reply #110986 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

End of the 3rd 6ers up by 8.

70-62

Reply #110988 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

4th, sixers by 10 wit 8.22

Reply #110989 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

85-74 6ers up!
Brett Maher is 3 rebounds off a triple double, come on little fella!!
13 assists already with stil 10 mins to play. He also has rackedup 20 points. Horvath seems to be contributing nicely as is Farley. Cooper seems to be the machine on the boards, as much as people bag him he does help a lot in my eyes. Timmons doesnt look like he has done anything? has he hit the court?
I also just noticed Marcus Ngs name there on the live scoreboard...interesting
Anyway lets hope they can get the win, looks like they might just do it.
Go 36ers!!

Reply #110990 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

No Timmins, thats interesting.

Reply #110991 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Mahersy ended up 2 boards short of a triple double, ended up with 15 assists. From what i saw, when i wasn't watching the cricket, i never saw Timmons on the court once. Horvath and Coops had 10 blocks between.

Reply #110993 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Timmons played minimal minutes. Couldn't believe how many open looks Mastro missed! Haven't seen Adelaide miss the 3 so consistently at the Powerhouse before and still win. Maher was Maher, Horvath keeps proving how tough he is without showing even a glimpse of flair haha. Perhaps Cooper's best game as a Sixer? 8/12 and 8 blocks WOW!

Reply #110996 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Timmons played in the first half about 8-10 minutes. He had about 4 shots rim out, just wasnt his night and wasn't really required tonight anyway.

Another game where we were up comfortably and let the other team back into the game only to blow it out in the last quarter. Still much more positive signs! Espically with Brett Maher firing again!

West Sydney looked much better when Harvey wasn't on the court. Probably because when his out there his team mates just give him the ball and just let him create which usually ends up being a shot for him self. I think Graeame Dann is an awesome talent who is almost as good as Newely but he lacks one main thing and that is confidence! If that kid gets confidence he will be awesome! Also great to see Liam Rush doing so well!

Reply #110997 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Crowd was 4427, impressive IMO.

Coops was a monster, Maher was the General and Horvath as someone said above, shows 0 flair and still tears it up.

Razors looked better than the last time we played them yet lost by more. Go figure. Cal I think given time can turn them around.

Reply #110998 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

It might be too early and I might be being too optomistic but things have obviously really improved with the sixers and also the crowd was very good considering its was a fox/wednesday game. I reckon the sixers are going to start tuning this thing around and crowds will grow.

Reply #111002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

King James,
What you wrote about Graeme Dann is the funniest thing I have read in a long,long time, maybe ever!
Still laughing 15 minutes on.

Reply #111004 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

the crowd was good, lots of kids as some schools are off. Game was good, really think the increase of cooper on the D side with his blocks over the past couple of weeks has helped the boys get some energy and fast break points. Nash could not have hit the side of a barn, and i cant really believe how much harvey has stuck up the joint the last 2 games against us.

Reply #111005 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

"Graeme Dann as good as Brad Newely".... thats one big pile of crap King James.

Reply #111006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Graeme Dann is one of the biggest d***'s in the league along with jason smith.

Reply #111011 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

now, nash has got a lot of critisim this year and for the most rightfully deserved,

now anyone there tonight who saw him time and time again put his body on the line defensively including throwing hims self out of court twice to cause the turnover was fantastic yes his shooting was off but then again he kept mcgregor to 3 points and harvey to 8pts till he was switched off him,

now cooper what drugs was he on tonight i swear i saw him put a couple medium range jumpers in

Reply #111013 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I was saying he has the ability to be as good as him if he had the confidence. The guy is a 6'7 100kgs shooting guard. There was also an article written about him saying he isn't fair off having the same ability as him. Don't say he has no game based on tonights game, playing for a terrible team with his confidence completely down.

Reply #111014 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

King James, I'm not judging him but just tonights game I'm judging him buy every game i've seen him play. Dont get me wrong, the guys a good player, I just dont think he's Newely material.

Reply #111015 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Alright, obviously it makes my comment sound way over the top because comparing him to a guy that might be NBA bound and plays for the Australian team, sounds wrong. But all I was just trying to say is I think he has the ability to be a 20ppg and 5rpg player in the NBL.

If the sixers were to get him at a bargain price he would be a great pick up as he could play the 1-3 positions and would be an exciting prospect straight of the bench.

Reply #111017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

15assists to brett - record?

Reply #111018 | Report this post

damrob  
Years ago

No - Record for Adelaide Assists is 17 by Butch Hays - 27/09/1991

Reply #111019 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dann is a better player than what was shown tonight and recently, but just isn't playing up to that level and isn't going to be a 20 and 5 player in a hurry. Rush has thoroughly taken any thunder the Pigs had for that GF role and is putting up good numbers this year.

Good win - excellent efforts from Maher, Cooper and Horvath in particular.

Reply #111026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd wasn't too bad, but how many were actually paid for?

I know that "at least" one district club was "given" 120 tickets for last night's game, so if all 10 did that makes 1,200 freebies.

Reply #111034 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Anon, they would be able to give out many more than 200 tickets, I wouldn't think.

Reply #111042 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Hey Seals, have any word with any of the Pigs, James Harvey in particular?

Reply #111043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know how Brett Maher is after his fall? Did he pull the hamstring or was it just cramp?

Also did anyone else see Horvath give a solid bump to the back of Rush when he wasn't looking in the third quarter? I did - and I think Rush was very uncomfortable for the rest of the game with it!

Reply #111045 | Report this post

Magic  
Years ago

Anon, you are a complete nob. Giving back to the Junior clubs, who cares if they weren't paid for!!

Reply #111051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

magic, my comment was just based on the fact the others saying the crowd was pretty good.

and I think the people who have paid for seasons tickets might be ones who care.

Also, now that 36ers are privately owned, they have nothinh to do with District Clubs so giving back also makes no sense

Reply #111055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a season ticket holder I have no problems with the number of free tickets given out. The bigger the crowd the better - however they get them there.

Reply #111056 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

4427 was the official crowd.

Reply #111057 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

500 of that were freebies to clubs - take them away and you still have a passable headcount given the opposition, record of the team this year, Wednesday, Fox, etc. I thought it was quite a good turnout considering and, besides the second quarter (where I actually forgot to keep watching for about 3-5 minutes), an entertaining game.

They might now be privately owned, but this is basketball - it makes sense to stay in touch with young basketball players. Why spend all your effort shotgun marketing to a wider group (radio, etc), a small number of whom who might be interested in the sport, when you can market to people who already play the sport and just need to be convinced that $20 represents a good night out.

Reply #111081 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Thats right, Isaac.

Giving out freebie tickets to junior players is a really good thing becuae many of them are going to like and come back and watch the sixers in the future.

Reply #111098 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

Graeme Dann is below average . Good size , nice frame , looks ok while doin absolutely dick all .
Sorry KJ but the five games i have seen this year he has looked completely lost on court and reminds me of a poor mans Dean brogan ( when he used to ball )
OTOH , Liam Rush is a ball player who the sixers should be locking up for next year , Good size ,Athletic , can create his own shot , level head and has that look of someone comfortable
with where their game is at and going to be .
Also has much stronger physique this year which shows he is a worker as well as being a baller.

Reply #111139 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Yeah, would be great to see Liam Rush in a sixers singlet.

Reply #111147 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

500 freebie kids each buying a hotdog and a drink is a turnover of approximately $3,500 with atleast half of that being clear profit.

Reply #111211 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754