State Champs Placings

After nearly playing 1 round the following results would be the positions for State Champs if things stay the same.

State Boys

Sturt 15 points
West 14 points
Eastern 6 points

State Girls

Sturt 15 points
North 12 points
Forestville 11 points

State Overall

Sturt 30 points
West 18 points
North 17 points

Reserve Boys

Sturt 17 points
North 9 points
Norwood 8 points

Reserve Girls

North 16 points
Sturt 12 points
Forestville 11 points

Reserve Overall

Sturt 29 points
North 25 points
Forestviile 18 points

Topic #9732 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting, Is Norwood is substantially slipping? Bigger is not better if you dont have the quality program/coaches to support it.

Reply #111120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood's dodgey squad placement policy is obviously catching up with them.

If you're tall you're in the higher divs regardless of talent.

Reply #111126 | Report this post

Norwood current scores

State Boys 4 points = 6th position
State Girls 5 points = 4th
Overall State 9 points = 5th

Reserve Boys 8 points = 3rd
Reserve Girls 9 points = 4th
Overall reserves 17 points = 4th

Maybe down a little. Things could change especially in the U20 women when they have a full team.

Reply #111129 | Report this post

colonel clink  
Years ago

what sort of country combo / association teams can we expect ?

Reply #111202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is surprising to me is Forestville. Their results don't seem to reflect the strong opinions that they are one of the powerhouses in SA junior bball or am I off the mark?

Reply #111269 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

They are strong U/14 and below, wait 4 years and they will lead.

Reply #111270 | Report this post

Jenna Tellya  
Years ago

They will lead? Pffft.

U10 div 1 boys : 6th
U10 div 2 boys : No team
U12 div 1 boys : 9th
U12 div 2 boys : 4th
U14 div 1 boys : 6th
U14 div 2 boys : 3rd

U10 div 1 girls : 5th
U10 div 2 girls : 2nd
U12 div 1 girls : 1st
U12 div 2 girls : 2nd
U14 div 1 girls : 2nd
U14 div 2 girls : 1st & 4th

Girls seem to be doing well, as they have for the past few years, but boys are struggling in the younger age groups.

I wonder if the young boys in those age groups will receive the coaching they need to become high quality players in older age groups....

Reply #111281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damage,

Look at Sturt in the younger age groups.

10 Boys Div 1 Top - Undefeated 452%
10 Boys Div 2 Top - Undefeated 1145% and 8th

12 Boys Div 1 Equal second
12 Boys Div 2 Top - Undefeated 389% and 5th

14 Boys Div 1 Second
14 Boys Div 2 Top - Undefeated 265% and 6th

10 Girls Div 1 Top - Undefeated 468%
10 Girls Div 2 Top - 440%

12 Girls Div 1 Second
12 Girls Div 2 4th and 5th

14 Girls Div 1 Top - Undefeated 229%
14 Girls Div 2 2nd and 5th

Doubt that Forestviile will be leading Damage, wrong as usual.

Reply #111289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dear Dr.
Poor decisions are costing F'ville and will haunt them in future years.
Norwood need a change at the top and to lose 20 teams.
Sturt and more sturt I'm afraid to say.

Reply #111291 | Report this post

Nose Nuggets  
Years ago

May I ask what the poor decisions are and how will they hurt Forestville in future years?

Reply #111292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Having a inexperienced U10 and U12 boys coach who will not develop the players...
Having country coaches that will not develop the current players, but rather will recruit in country players to suit there state coaching situations...
Allowing parents to attack coaches...
And spending all there money on recruiting more ABA players rather than havig somebody recruit new players into U10's...

Reply #111295 | Report this post

Nose Nuggets  
Years ago

Really my son plays in the under 10's and he is learning quiet a lot from the current coach. He learning how to be a team player and his defence from this year compared to last has improved as well. She also is doing a lot of skill work as well.

Just because the wins aren't on the board yet doen't mean that the kids aren't developing.

Reply #111296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#111291,

How close to the top do Norwood need to change and why?

Reply #111302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Nose Nugget,

i'm sure that your child will now get more court time.

Reply #111303 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Sturt will also be there, someone is a little sensitive.
Can we not share or does your club have a mortgage on the state champs?
Your crystal ball has a very blue tinge.

Reply #111313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#111303 Someone who may have some insight makes a comment and that is how you respond. As if you were in under 10s.

Reply #111314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr Damage,

State Champs is there to be 'WON' each and every year.

But in order too win it clubs need to put forward the commitment.

Looking at the placngs at U14 level, why would you think that Forestville are going to turn into a state champs contender???

Please explain.

Reply #111334 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

#111295, care to expand on your country coach comment, re F/ville? Are you talking boys or girls?

I dont see evidence of this amongst the girls coaches, but admit I know nothing about the boys program.

Please explain!

Reply #111347 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Put an alias to it and I will

Reply #111359 | Report this post

Stillanonomous  
Years ago

Dr Damage

So please explain?

Looking at the above Forestville will only score 8 points from State Champs in the U14 and below age grups. Sturt would probably score around 20. Where is the equality of competition from???

Reply #111379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vadersmate,

U14 girl brought into Div 1, and making the team in front of the MVP of the U12 TI Camp and Allstar player. Watch her make State next year just because of the club she is at. And she just happens to be from a town close to a State coach.

And 2 U16 girls brought into div 1, and getting court time in front of players that are better just because they are both from towns that both country coaches are from.

Reply #111380 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

#111380, Ok I am pretty sure there are only 2, maybe 3 country girls in the u14's F/ville squad. I am also sure there are only 3 country girls in the u16's F/ville squad. With these sorts of numbers I would hardly call it a recruiting drive by the country coaches. There is an u14 div 1 country girl & a u16 div 1 country girl that have both been with the club from at least under 12's, the current coaches had NOTHING to do with these girls coming to play at F/ville.

Many girls have been trialed in u16 div 1 this season including a third country girl who is now in div 2, hardly favourtisim, is it?. There are now only 2 country girls in the div 1 team. Both country girls fully deserve thier place in the div 1 team. One girl in particular lives no were near either country coach and has been one of the best, if not the best girl in her age group by a mile since she walked into the club, irrespective of her country status. It seems to me that you have been confused or have been told some wrong info regarding these kids.

You need to take a bit more care with your "facts" and get over you "country kid" thing; they wont bite you!

Reply #111430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vadersmate,

Not a recruiting drive, but rather a development drive to improve the country coaches teams for State. Not to improve Forestvilles teams for State Champs.

If you think that the country kid is going to be playing div 2 over winter you are kidding yourself.

And why are the metro kids forced to get individuals from coaches from other clubs?

Reply #111443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vader you seem to know a lot about F'ville and Sturt...are you the blues and blue and golds' attorney?

Reply #111448 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

#111448, Yes I do know a lot about sturt & f/ville as I have had a children play for both clubs. I certainly did not burn any bridges using sour grape juice as an accelerant when I left one of the clubs to go to the other, and count parents and coaches from both clubs in my circle of freinds. Happy to set anyone straight about wrongly percieved ideas about either club as well.

If you are honestly saying to me that a country coach has stacked his program with 3 country kids (3 out of what? 20-30 kids)for the total u16 girls program, then the argument stops here....... because there aint one. And since when does state champs depend on how many metro kids you have playing in your program?

On the subject of individuals, the guy at f/ville gives so much time to individuals, it aint funny. The only funny thing about it is it's normally the kids that need individual coaching the most that dont take up the opportunity. I have watched many an individual practice with only 1-2 kids taking advantage of it, even though everyone was made aware of it.

#111443 the fact is that some parents put school feats, carnivals and socials ahead of game time and individual training sessions for thier kids. Let me make it quite clear that there is nothing wrong with doing this. It is just laughable when the same parent (that has missed 2-3 games or individuals because of other "commitments") then crys foul play because little "Sally" has been left behind.

Are there any Metro coaches in the district comp with any country kids in thier program? The answer to that would be very, very interesting in deed.

As I said earlier, don't be scared of the country kids, they feed them well in the outback; they wont bite!

Reply #111475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The U14 girls at f'vile are still a very good team with their second years having had the nats experience but unfortunately the 16 and 18 girls are way off the money and need and would welcome as many country imports as they could get, as they should.
You'd know the answer to that.
Vadersmate
I think its a big call to say a first year F'ville girl is the best player in her age group as both sturt and north might disagree.

Reply #111491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vadersmate

I think that most people at Sturt would disagree about the burning bridges. Especially considering some of your comments you have made to Forestville people around the traps.
And I still don't think that you understand what is being said.
Forestville are not developing players that will help them in the future to win State Champs as a club. Country coaches are spending more time developing country players and attending country trainings than improving their Forestville teams. When you have country State coaches, they have State trainings that take first priority. And when one of them doesn't even take the mid week training, the team is not developing, which is showing becasue they were a good team in U14's but now are only just inside the top 4 having lost to the top 2 teams easily.

Reply #111526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd agree with #526 and add that having Boti and Ilze leave the club was short sighted given that they provided consistent high level skill coaching that is not in evidence now.(despite not being able to deliver premierships)
Also the loss of Paul Arnott in his overseeing role was a huge hole to fill and one that is leaking badly.
The only team of substance in the junior girls is the 14's and is a Nagy legacy.
Country coaches in the district comp will always face questions of where their priority lies. Its difficult to juggle when you have the 16 and 18 country coaches who have the opportunity to try some of the girls they may want to give a run to in state. Last year IMO one of the coaches ran a player in district at the expense of a
metro player who was better and who ended up playing div 2 for the season.
As selections are always subjective its best not dwelled on but I think it was an average decision to appoint two country coaches in consecutive age groups.
Vader, you said the country coach offerred individuals which he does but I'd check your facts on kids not taking up his offers of individuals because my mail he loses a lot of telephone numbers.

Reply #111572 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Forestvilles u/12 girls are top as well with double the % of the second team. And 7 and 1 in the div 2's.
I would like those sorts of results feeding into my u/16/18 in the next 4 years.

526 and 572 this is a fantastic postion to be in . You guys must be doing something right!!

Reply #111587 | Report this post

Stillanonomous  
Years ago

Dr Damage,

But you were saying that Forestville "will lead" State Champs in 4 years time. Looking at the probable State Champs positions for current U14's and below, Forestville would score 8 points total in State Champs. While Sturt would score 10 in Girls and 10 in Boys for a total of 20. Not even close considering the points system.

Please explain why you think Forestville will "lead"?

Reply #111591 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Yeah, might have been a big statement that one.

But, given the current regime they only need to replicate the last couple of years and they may have a womens domination.

The boys are the thing letting them down, why do you think that is?

The thread has been directed mainly at the Country coaches, who I think are pretty bloody good at what they do.
I didnt realise that the u/16's dont get a midweek with the coach, that would be my only concern.
My apolgies stillanon!!

Reply #111601 | Report this post

Jenna Tellya  
Years ago

This may be why Dr D.

The reason Forestville have recently had good U16 & U18 teams is because the coaching those kids had in U10s & U12s was very good.

Combe, Osborne, Chrisan, Casella. The results of older age groups have been due to the good groundwork these type of blokes have put in in the early years.

Are the current U10 & U12 coaches of that calibre?

Reply #111606 | Report this post

Stillanonomous  
Years ago

Dr Damage,
But the very thing that got them in the position has left. Boti was the one that coached and recruited their current U14's and got them into a number of finals. Yes they lost a number of finals, but who is there now to replicate this. Personally I feel that the Boys side do not have the level of coaching at U12 and U10 level, but rather spend all there efforts in U16 and U18s.
And if all they are doing is replicating then they are still behind the dirty sturty's.

Reply #111613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Dr D, u r right about the 12 girls but the comp is so weak I discounted them.
F'ville had being doing V well of late but The 16 and 18 girls teams are disappointing and many would say coaching is the reason in the 16 and talent in the 18's.
If you are waiting for the 12's to prosper you must b a country coach too!(just joking doc!)

Reply #111622 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

I rate Trevor as an excellent coach and his group ,currently, are improving.

I fail to see what bearing his being a country coach has at all.

Jenna
That is exactly what I am saying, that the 10's to 14's coaches at Forestville are very good and the product speaks of the process.

Stillanon
I think you give Boti a little to much credit, considering the cattle he had at his disposal.
Team tactics and game coaching...

Reply #111630 | Report this post

Jenna Tellya  
Years ago

Dr D,

We have different opinions on who are "very good" coaches, then.

No point debating that. Peoples opinions on coaches are largely subjective. I would be interested to know what you base your opinion on, though.

I was focusing more on the U10 & U12 coaches, as opposed to the U14 coach, though I don't hold him in as higher regard as some others.

I will say, though, that since I don't believe the current group of Forestville young'ns are getting the same quality coaching as their older clubmates, that you'll find they won't develop into fantastic players in the U16 & U18 levels.

But only time will tell on that count.

Reply #111635 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

#111572, so are you still implying that the country girls in u16 at f/ville are there only because they are country and are in the team only to improve a country squad, not the district team? Are you also implying that the coach deliberatly does not contact kids about individuals? This is a joke, right? Boy how stupid the club must look now.

Also your comment "The only team of substance in the junior girls is the 14's and is a Nagy legacy" I guess that is the 3 2nd year players you are talking about from last years team? 3 out of 10 kids from last year is a legacy is it? Its starting to look like you have it in for everyone but the Nagy's!

#111526 what team from last year are you talking about? With 3 girls from the u14 div 1's from last year still playing u14 div 1's & another 3 girls from that same team last year now playing u16 div 1's, with the other 3 playing u16 div 2's and 1 having left the club, there is no team from last year still playing together. To say that the current U14's is a legacy to Nagy is drawing a very long bow indeed.

If you really think these coaches put the country girls ahead of metro girls, then take your "fears" to the club itself! I find it hard to fathom that a club would stand by while a coach goes all out to develop a country team, at the expense of a district team.

My question from earlier still goes unanswered; Are there any metro coaches currently coaching district with any country kids in thier team?

The answer to this would be very interesting indeed.

Go and actually question these coaches if you think they are not doing the right thing, hell I have. It dosnt matter if its Boti or the current country coaches, go talk to them about your fears about what they are doing. They will listen, but be prepared; If your kid does not fit thier plans, it is very hard to take, trust me I know.

Reply #111648 | Report this post

DrDamage  
Years ago

I had 2 country kids last year and for the first time I feel it was a success.
I really enjoyed their enthusiasm and energy. They and their families were lovely people.
I have one starting in Winter next year and she is quality and I am looking forward to that too. We actually go to their home town and train as well.
The kids love the trip.

Reply #111655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vader does kissing bottoms work?

Reply #111658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u10 eagles girls are on the right track considering the ABA coach is there helping out

Reply #111681 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

(#111655)if you are saying that either you are a metro coach, or your kid was coached by a metro coach that had 2 country kids in the district team last year, then the other "hysterical" arguments on here saying that the u14 & u16 state coaches are loading the f/ville teams up with country kids is over. The fact is that these guys are not Robinson Caruso's for doing so. You take the best kids the club can find anytime. Just because little Johnny or Sally have been with the club from u10's does not give them the right to walk into u14 & u16 div 1's.

I have to admit that my family once felt (wrongly)that country kids sometimes got an easy path into district. When you actually take time to get to know the kids and the parents you realise that they do a whole lot more to get to the place that many people take for granted.

(#111658)I have no need to kiss ass. My family does not hail from the country, and we are not at the club in question.

Does posting crap like that under anon make you feel big and proud? Are you afraid that someone in your club does it better than you?

Reply #111689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vadersmate,

you have already said that you are from Forestville in another post above! Are you now trying to dispute that?

And Yes Boti actually coached the current U14 team in U12's and U10's. That means that he was responsible for recruiting and developing them to the standard they are now.

Nobody is saying that country kids are a bad thing. And I believe that in the majority metro coaches give country kids an equal opportunity to earn theri position. Note equal opportunity.

And yes I believe that these country coaches are using their position to develop country playes for their State teams. And that it will be detrimental to Forestville in the future State Champs placings. Keep watch as a steady flow of country kid not as good as the metro kids walk in!

Reply #111694 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

"other "hysterical" arguments on here saying that the u14 & u16 state coaches are loading the f/ville teams up with country kids is over."

Vader you lost me there? Not me!

Did you have the number wrong, I am agreeing with most of your points re the benefits I had last year with country kids!!

Reply #111697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breath deeply Vadersmate- and who the hell is Robinson Caruso?
A guy called Defoe wrote Robinson Crusoe in 1719 if that helps and I think that date just about sums up the era your info was relevant.

Reply #111726 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Dr Damage, not having a go, not at all, just using the info for the sake of the anon nuckleheads that think having 3 country kids in an u16 program is "loading" the division. Thanks for the answer, that was what I was after.

#111694, you might want to read that earlier post again. Yeah, I actually do dispute it. As some one who HAS had a kid playing there in the past, I do still catch up with a few parents and coaches on a regular basis and have an idea (little or none) on what is happening at that club, along with a few others.

Are you sure that Boti coached the current under 14 div 1 team in under 10's & 12's? Dont know how that is possible when he hasnt coached half the kids in the current u14 team; I also dont remember most of them playing with my kid at the time. He coached SOME of the kids in U14's from u10's, just as he coached SOME of the u16's from u 10's. I guess by your reconing (sorry about the spelling #111726 anon) if they do any good this season or the next it wont be down to the guy coaching them now, it will be thanks to Boti.

You have got to get over your country bias and your Boti beer goggles. Feel free to start up an "I told you so post" when the 5-6 country girls come waltzing into F/ville next season. I now understand why you dont even put an alias to your posts.

#111726, I take it by your post that you knew what I was talking about? Is that the best you could do? Did you have to google that one? Could you help me out with spelling in the future?

Reply #111800 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

P.S. (#111726)anon, can you take (#111694)anon to task?

The spelling is shocking.

Reply #111801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vader all I know is you dont know what you're talking about. Sometimes you're sturt other times forestville, depending on who you are trying to impress, and vadermatey, your always loud.

Reply #111804 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

You can rave all you want about who you think I follow, how many country kids are about to invade a club, how Boti is the reason behind the current u14 div 1 teams results ect ect; the fact is that F/ville would not have more than their average share of country kids.

Are you disputing this?

I still say that 3 country kids in an age division in not stacking the division.

If you honestly,honestly think it is, then I will try and say it a bit louder next time.

Reply #111823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vadersmate is from Forestville and left Sturt with burnt bridges.

Nobody is saying that any number of country kids is stacking a team. Have as many that are more capable, if it so warrants.

What is being said is that the current coaches in U14 and U16 at Forestville have and are giving country players opportunity over other players to better their country State teams. And that in the future it will effect their State Champs position.

Reply #111840 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

(#111840)with out giving you my real name, how many times do I have to spell it out for you. You are wrong, I am not at F/ville I am with Sturt! Do you understand now? If you wont understand this, stop posting when I am telling you, you have got it wrong! If you continue to say I am with a club that I am clearly not, I will contact the moderator and see what can be done about your posts that are so wrong. Have a go at what I am saying, no problem; but you would want to stop telling the world that I am from a club that I am currently not. I have had at least 4 different people from each club ask me if my alias is actually me. If they ask, i tell them. Not one of them has had a problem with it. Ask around your club, which ever one that is, you might find someone who knows me. You can then have a go at me face to face, I wont take offence, promise.

I did have a chip on my shoulder when we first left the club, now I realise that coaches, no matter if its f/ville current coaches, sturt current coaches, or Southern current coaches really do have the best interests of the kids, NOT the parents, at heart. I have admitted I was wrong to the people concerned. It was between me and them. finished.

Sturt and F/ville have both gone out and found 12-13 year old 6ft country girls that where a bit raw at first. Sturt has worked hard on their kid and are now getting the rewards from that; F/ville are now begining to work on their kid and will reap the rewards in a year or two's time. If they have a 6ft 12-13 y.o metro girl in their program, you can bet she is getting more coaching as well. If thats giving country players opportunitys over metro players, well yes they have.

6ft 12-13 yo girls do not walk into your club every day. If your club knows of one that is currently not playing district, and dosnt activly persue her, then sorry, your club is not doing its job. If your little Sally does not want to be over looked by your club in favour of a giant or talented country kid, then do what my daughter has done and work your butt off, because coaches will take the best kid for the job, country, metro, it dosnt matter. Get over it!

Reply #111859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

like your work vadersmate!!

Reply #111881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vadersmate I can't think of anybody that has daughter that has left Forestville for Sturt over the past couple of years who also have a son that ref's. Me thinks that you are making some stories up. Maybe Sturt should get the moderator to find out who you are.

And Forestville do have a 6 foot U16 girls from the metro area. But she has been put down into div 2 so that a country players can be developed for the country program.

Reply #111908 | Report this post

egalitarian  
Years ago

This thread which is now about country taking city spots for both players and coaches has been interesting but not nearly as much fun as trying to work out who the participants are. I am befuddled as to the identity of Vadersmate but I find his comments knowledgeable on the situation and fairly balanced. I believe Dr Damage to be a parent who has several girls playing in different age groups and a person who has recently changed his / her opinion about country players.

Anonymous has revealed his identity by his supercilious wit, his pedantic attention to minor detail and his self aggrandisement. He has shown that he knows enough by recently writing a book, but not on basketball.

Any other guesses

Reply #111917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eqalitarian, does your tag reflect your philosophy...
Playing the name game with you, me thinks vadersmate is a Forestville mum who went to Perth last year.
The Doctor IMO is from Souths.(and tho we often disagree usually posts balanced views-albeit wrong ones, sorry Dr!).
Axeman is a country gentleman from Forestville and I enjoy jousting with him.
#908 is F'ville to know the two almost 6 footers are rotated but mostly Div 2's.
I haven't written a book as such so I can't be anon simply anonymous.
As to vader being knowlegable and offering balanced views, Eqal, we will agree to disagree but I do enjoy the passion with which Vadermatey attacks my posts-all good stuff!

Reply #111928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr Damage is a Norwood coach who also has a couple of daughters playing for Norwood.

Reply #111930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poster 111917.

I agree and disagree.

Dr Damage does post balanced views.

Disagree that most are wrong. He's on the money a lot of the time.

From an outsider looking in !

Reply #111937 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

(#111908)Well you seem to think you know your stuff.

I will say it for one more absolute last time.If you still dont get it, hey tough. Do I need to show some ID? I had an association with F/ville through my child, I now have an association with Sturt through my child. My son has been known to ref in every stadium, except north of lower north east rd. The fact that you dont seem to recognise who i am dosnt worry me in the slightest. Do what ever you have to do to find out, but a tip; walk through the , Pasadena bar (when open) wayville bar Bearcats and rockets bar, shout out for Vadersmate, if im there, Ill answer you, garantee it.

But a couple of points;

I have been called a mother before, so it doesnt bother me.

F/ville have 1 legit 6 footer who is playing div 2 and she is most definatly from the country. Must be that country coach pushing her forward all the time. Im not sure were you get this other 6ft girl from but last time i checked, 5ft 8 wasnt 6 ft, so a slight exageration there. I know of the girl you are on about, and the parents of this smaller girl, and she is unlucky, as she would walk into practicly any other div one spot.

(#111928) or could it be (#111908)who knows? Axeman is no gentleman and definatly does not hail from the country (although I know he would love too) I have a beer with him when ever I can, as he never turns down one or three.

Dr damage, you are spot on way to much of the time, now I know why, I can also put a face to the name. Your answer re country kids in your team was exactly what i was looking for, thanks

We could go on about this for another couple of hundred posts, if you want, or we could build a bridge and get over it.

Reply #111970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vadersmate,

In other threads you have talked about your daughter that plays div 1. As well as bagging Sturt about being a country association.

You are either lying about what your kids do, or you are lying about what club you are from. I for one still think that you are a Forestville parent and a lier.

Forestville, the arrogance of Sturt, only without the winning.

Reply #111985 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

(#111985)maybe you want to read my earlier post (#111859) about having a chip on my shoulder, but getting over it.You seem to have a very large chip on yours, you might want to get some treatment for it; it's unhealthy.

Did I have to many facts for you?

Is it because you feel that little sally got passed over by some coaches and now country kids are to blame?

Enough people know who I am, but now Im really interested in finding out who you really are.

I post under an alias so people like you can check out what I have said in the past; and im the 1st one to admit, Im not proud of some of the things Ive said from time to time, but Im happy to take my medicine and soilder on and continue to post.

People like you hide behind the curtains and have no problems attacking people when the argument may not be going your way. I suggest that if you cant take it, just stop posting.

Some were up above, the argument stopped and you started to get personal.

I feel sorry for you.

Reply #112018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vadermatey, Are you sure you've been taking your medication?
You have been speaking with such autority on the players at Forestville right down to their precise height and numbers of the girls and have an intimate knowlege of who's in and out of Div 1 and 2 that we mere mortals believed you had inside info and were Forestvillian.
Say it aint so Santa, but are you a sturt spy covertly casing F'ville coaches and players to develop an intimate understanding of what individual coachings are given to who and by whom and you have also uncovered how the F'ville structure intrinsically works?
Is nothing sacred! I suppose you know when the canteen opens too! Bloody hell Vadermatey don't reveal anymore, is nothing sacred!
But wait, how do you know about where the country coaches live? Where the country girls come from? The numbers doing what with whom etc? Are you after them or, no, say not, are you a country person too!
Forget james Bond!
Vadermatey, you are gold or blue and gold or blue , I don't know which but you know more than Cock Robin, as much as Darth Vader and almost as much as the Captain of the Titanic, so my advice is as follows:
avoid archers, don't fool around with light sabres and stay away from liners.
PS. But keep posting.
PPS. Could fax the F'ville structure and training times for the break to Wayville ASAP.

Reply #112041 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

(#112041)And you dont know were the u18 country girls coach lives? Common knowlege.

U16 country girls coach home town. Common knowlege.

Home town of 6ft country Sturt girl in U16's? Common knowlege.

Home town of 6ft country f/ville girl in u16 div 2. Common knowlege.

The fact that there isnt a 2nd 6ft kid playing div 2 u16 girls at f/ville, or many other clubs, sheeezzz Common knowlege.

Past playing histroy of the 6ft plus girl playing 16's for Wests. Common Knowlege.

Numbers of girls in u16 program at sturt. Common knowlege amongst sturt u16 parents.

Numbers of girls in u16 program at f/ville. Common knowlege amongst f/ville u16 parents.

You might want to increase your common knowlege of a subject that you make yourself out to be such an expert in. If you have country kids & parents at your club; and if you are not too afraid to talk to them; you might be able to come up with some of these answers yourself.

No spying, no James Bond stuff, its actually parents getting together with other parents from their own club, and other clubs and actualy comunicating with each other. Thats how you find these things out.

Facts are a wonderful thing, only if you have them. Id love to know how many times I shot you down in flames, oh but your an anon in hiding, gee Ill never know.

Now take up your position back in the gutter and come up with something really, really, nasty, yet funny to say back to me; oh and dont forget to use the word liar, spy, f/ville parent ect, ect, otherwise I wont know its you.

Reply #112080 | Report this post

anon#269  
Years ago

I don't know how I did it but I think I led to this discussion on Vadersmate's allegiances by posting:

"What is surprising to me is Forestville. Their results don't seem to reflect the strong opinions that they are one of the powerhouses in SA junior bball or am I off the mark?"

Sorry if I digress from the previous ramblings but do I take it that people concur in that Forestville, despite all the hype and postulating, are, as a club, underachievers?

Reply #112082 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

Boy what a loverly little thread!

(#112041)I actually know most of Vadersmate's "common knowlege" questions. Does this make me a spy as well?

(#112041)You need to chill out. You are wrong about so much stuff it aint funny, no wait, it is funny, your a clown, right?.

Oh and for the official record, I do not like to think I come from the country,but I do like to visit, Vader you idiot.

Reply #112085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Axeman and Vadermate, you have had the water removed!
#anon 269
Unfortuanately yes.

Reply #112088 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

(#112088)ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

(#112082)Kills me to agree with happy above, but for sure in certain age groups

Reply #112090 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

If I lived in the country , close enough to Adelaide , I would definetly find a District club to coach at.

I love coaching Basketball.

So where is the crime in a bloke giving his time for free to develop local and country talent.

At the end of the day aren't we working to the same goal?

The coaches in question here have motives founded in doing the best for their club and for the state!!

Do some of you guys realise the work that goes into being an average coach, let alone a good one ??
The kids that are missing out could be a judgement call, not bias.

Reply #112091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Axey baby! Dont believe either of you would pass the intelligence test to be spies and you'd know about forestville because on the U14 nationals thread you started, you posted many times all about Forestville,not sturt, said you weren't there and then told everybody later in the thread info that you had to be there to know, so pardon us for suspecting you are blue and gold than blue.

Reply #112092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr Damage, I don't think there is any malice in many of the posters comments about the country guys and there would be a touch of reality in their concerns.
If I was a country coach I'd want to have the best team I could possibly have and if that meant playing some girls of equal ability as the metro kids ahead of the metro kids, I'd do it. After all country state rates above distict.
That's easier for me not being directly affected by it but subjectivity is tested.
Im against country coaches in the district comp but for country kids playing district but I think 2 per team is enough unless they can practice during the week with their team.
I think all the state coaches put a huge amount of time into their jobs and can't fault any of them on that basis so doc sometimes, you are right, we need to publicly acknowlege it.

Reply #112093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(112082)Forestville won senior div 1 final...all were juniors but one player. I think that is successful

Reply #112096 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

(#112093)You are on so many rolls, keep going. You know, its the old "enough rope" thing.

Is Axeman a f/ville parent? Common knowlege. Im just checking his post to see were he claimed to be a sturt parent.... nup, nothing there. He is so f/ville its not funny.

You have a wounderful knack of stating the obvious and the ridiculous. Seems you are now clutching at straws with stuff posted months ago. You might want to start another thread titled "SA Hoops police", because not many could bother.

As said by Dr damage, one of the guys in question does give his free time to country & metro kids any time he is available. I thinlk you will find that he is not even concerned which club you come from, if you want help, and he can do it, he will. More power to him.

As I have said over and again. 2 country kids in u16 div 1, with another in div 2 is not even close to stacking a division with country kids.

The argument that they are being pushed forward ahead of metro kids will always surface because someone is going to miss out. Its just that most dont get narky about it and complain to the world that they have been hard done by. Human nature, at its best and worst.

Reply #112103 | Report this post

a cut snake  
Years ago

Ive been following this thread for a few days and have found most of the arguments well thought out. Great debate.Personally I dont think any club favours country kids, but admit having country coaches at f/ville can leave them wide open to some of the "against" comments posted. If you set yourself up for it, expect to get it. I must say #112092 I know the dad behind vadersmate, and you are wrong. Prehaps you should stick to debating the topic, not trying to be cute. If you had anything to do with some earlier posts, they were well presented. Your last couple however were a disgrace. Grow up.

Reply #112107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vadersmate,

Would you be able to give me a call at the Sturt Club office on 8177 0463.

Paul Mesecke

Reply #112142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmmmm that quietened things down didnt it !!!

Reply #112311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Without Luke, Darth has no hope aginst The Emperor!

Reply #112326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luuuuuke, you are my son.

Vadersmate, is my maaaateeee.

Give us an up date Vadersmate. !!!!

Reply #112351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's been scalded by Paul.

He has removed his mask, and excepted Boti as his third removed cousin !!

More to come.

Reply #112501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754