Nick
Years ago

Were are the players?

Just wondering if anyone knows where any of these ex NBL players are playing now. In brackets is the team they played for last in the NBL.

Michael Kingma (Pirates)
Chris Williams (Kings)
Charles Thomas (36ers)
Kevin Freeman (Bullets)
Roland Roberts (Kings)
Sedric Webber (Kings)
Matt Illman (36ers)
Rich Melzer (Breakers)

Topic #9748 | Report this topic

Nick  
Years ago

Whoops, I meant to write "Where are these players".

Reply #111317 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

Melzer has a 2 year deal at the Spurs

Reply #111321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illman = West Adelaide Football

Reply #111327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rich Melzer didn't make the final spurs roster i don't think....Kevin Freeman is playing professionally in China. i think charles thomas has retired...he was getting on a bit

Reply #111331 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Charles Thomas played for Solna Vikings in the Swedish league, i think he has now retired.

Reply #111340 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

^ May have been before the Sixers tho.

Reply #111342 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I just heard that Melzer was realeased from the Spurs after playing a few pre season games, so he didnt get the chance to play in the proper season.

Reply #111345 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

And someone i know reckon Charles Thomas once played in the NBA for Detriot, is that true?

Reply #111349 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

http://www.ruhighlanders.com/profiles/coaches/ThomasProfile.html

Interesting that CT's CV states that he assisted his Australian coach with offense and defensive stratagies.....say what???

Reply #111352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

charles thomas played 2 years for detroit

Reply #111356 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Serious?

CT was the shittest import the Sixers ever had. He was to selfish.

However, i did love the match that he played V Tigers. Awesome match!

Reply #111361 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I though Charlie was good player.

Reply #111362 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

123abc what the hell you on about that he was selfish? He must have had about 5-6 assist per game. He wasn't a terrible import at all infact he had some really good numbers. It was just unfortunet he was compared with Mee and Farley, two of the better sixer imports. Just for the record i didnt like him particularly but still he wasn't a bad import theres alot worse.

Reply #111363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"CT was the shittest import the Sixers ever had. He was to selfish." What a load of rubbish 123abc. I remember heaps of games where charlie was dished out heaps of assists. Sometimes it seemed he passed to much.

Reply #111374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"CT was the shittest import the Sixers ever had. He was to selfish." What a load of rubbish 123abc. I remember Charlie dishing out heaps of assists and sometimes it even seemed like he passed too much. And if he is so shit, why did he play in the NBA?

Reply #111376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry about the double post, something screwed up.

Reply #111377 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

When i watched him, he tried to do too much, too many flashy passes aswell.

Reply #111384 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I agree with 123abc, he was easily the worst import we've had for quite some time.

And to whoever posted 'And if he is so shit, why did he play in the NBA?', I highly doubt he actually PLAYED, and if he did, well than he obviously didn't do very well if he only lasted two years...

Reply #111387 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

123abc, your right about flashy passes, but I still reckon he was a good player. I might just point out to twenty four and any other Charlie haters that you have to be bloody good just to make an NBA roster at all.

Reply #111396 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Michael Kingma

was he the wookie in star wars?

Reply #111415 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yes he was 123abc.

Reply #111431 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

ct worst import ever,

how quickly ppl forget jo jo

Reply #111487 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

How quickly people forget jo jo, Paris McCurdy and Brown...

Reply #111527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mike kingma's back playing ball in sweden again. he's on facebook

Reply #150976 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Unfortunately CT arrived with a severe heart condition - that noone was aware of until it was too late. Farley came down with the same problem last year. Not as rare as thought .. seems the heart just "disappears" overnight, and nothing can be done to replace it ..

Reply #150995 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754