skip
Years ago

Carlos Powell hits 50 Points!

To put the Breakers up by 1 point with 15 seconds left in the game!

Topic #9769 | Report this topic

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Far out! 50 points, 9 boards and 8 assists in a losing team. Losing in Melbourne by 2 is an unbelievable effort. Can he challenge Cat for MVP?

Reply #111479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see Oscar have a good one too. Hopefully enough to pull him out of his funk.

Reply #111480 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Thats my boy. Big Captin of my NBL Dream Team. What a game whould of been great 2 watch.

Reply #111483 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

thats Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

Reply #111486 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

The guy's a freak. I've put this out there on Ozhoops but is he better than C Williams of 2003?

Reply #111488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who wins player of the week now.

Reply #111489 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Who wins POTW? I think you've found your answer. As for Cat, Catmandon't. Carlos Powell will win MVP by a street.

Reply #111497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14 and 19 points for Ozzie in 2 games - a good weekend for him

Reply #111507 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rat10, I wasn't in the country to see much of Chris Williams, but I do think Powell is an exceptional player. Excellent handle for a power forward, scores at a very high percentage and more on solo plays than relying on put backs and so on. And to have 20/26 field goals on that style of scoring against a pretty solid, tall, defensively-capable team is amazing.

Have you been watching all of the Breakers' home games on Sky/Fox?

The question at season's end is going to be - if the Breakers are borderline-playoff material or miss the finals, do you give him the MVP or go with someone on a stronger team?

There was a lot of opposition to the selection of Brian Wethers as MVP, though some of it seemed to stem from him scoring at a low clip and not dishing out many assists. Powell is scoring at 56%, and picking up a steal and block per game as well.

Reply #111509 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Plus the guy entertains as well, plenty of emotion in his play that fans love to see.

Reply #111515 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Woohoo! He scored me alone 480 in my Sportal team this week. :-)

Reply #111530 | Report this post

Richmond Oilers  
Years ago

yer i finished with 846 in sportal, thats massive!!! highest for season in my league. won by over 400 lol. 11-0, 964 in the counrty. win % of 161%

Reply #111604 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I also scored about 860 but dropped back a place to 105. Oh well. Next week.

Reply #111620 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754