Bizzy
Years ago

NBA Announces Suspensions

The NBA today announced the suspensions and fines that will be handed out to the Nuggets and Knicks after the Rumble in the Bronx.

Carmelo Anthony - 15 games
Nate - 10 games
JR Smith - 10 games
Mardy Collins - 6 games
Jared Jefferies - 4 games
Jerome James & Nene - 1 game for leaving the bench

Both organisations were also fined $500,000.

Personally I think Mardy Collins should have gotten a heftier suspension as he was the who caused the whole thing to start.

You can read the full story here

Topic #9783 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

And nothing for Isiah who has been shown to warn Melo before the brawl that he shouldn't enter the paint? That's dodgy.

But there was no separate penalty for Knicks coach Isiah Thomas, which drew the ire of Denver coach George Karl. It was Thomas who had warned Anthony not to go into the lane before the mayhem started Saturday night.
Oh, and Nate Robinson is an idiot:
"It was a good clean hard foul."
Yeah, sure it was!

Reply #111704 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Nate also made this comment about the foul on JR Smith:

After the game, Robinson said he did not regret his actions and made the stunning revelation that Collins' flagrant takedown was not only "a good, clean hard foul" but that it was premeditated.

"For what they did as in keeping guys in, I knew a foul was going to come," Robinson said Saturday. "A hard one because we're not going to let guys keep dunking when they're up 20 and they have their starters in. It was a good clean hard foul. After that, it went downhill from there."

Robinson later added: "They wanted to embarrass us. It was a slap in the face to us as a team and a franchise and we weren't going to let that happen."

Speaking of Nate being a tool, check out these couple of comments from the little fellow

And then there was the embarrassing moment three weeks ago when he tried to bounce the ball off the floor and dunk it against the Cleveland Cavaliers , a play that was ruled a travel and made the Knicks look like an undisciplined group of street-ballers.

Robinson's explanation was as peculiar as his decision to attempt the dunk in the first place.

"That's why they call me Spontaneous Nate," he said.

Nate has also been involved in two locker room fights one in which he went after Jerome James with a broom during practice and another one where he was restrained after going for Malik Rose in the showers.

A veteran teammate was quoted saying:

"That's just Nate," the Knick said. "He's a jerk."

Reply #111706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone have video of the fight???

Reply #111711 | Report this post

And i thought JR should have gotten a lesser punishment. Carmelo's officially a moron...

Reply #111712 | Report this post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHI2HYE2J0A

Reply #111713 | Report this post

turns out that link doesn't work...

Reply #111714 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

This is the full length video in which you can actually hear Melo's punch connect.

Reply #111715 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Bizzy would have to disagree that Collins started the fight.

Yes he fouled but he was not the one who rushed over and started throwing punches.

He basically stands still the whole time next to the baseline until Melo pops him.

His action led to the fight staring but he did not start the fight if you know what i mean.

Reply #111717 | Report this post

Looks like Robinson did (started the fight). he should have been suspended more, the fight look like it wouldnt have happened if he didnt start pushing everyone around.

Reply #111718 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Fair Kent, but you have to admit that he could of gone about the foul in a whole different way? It was a bit excessive.

I think Nate was the instigator - damn small man syndrome.

Reply #111720 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Melo is a biatch.... talk about hit and run. The brawl was pretty much over and then Melo runs in with his cheap shot... He deserve's his 15 games...

The interesting question is 15 games for Melo justified. Remember JO got 15 games for pummelling a fan during the rumble in the palace. Cheapshot Melo got 15 for suckerpunching someone being restrained. I guess the league's stance on these incidents has changed since that memorable day and penalties are a little stiffer.

Jefferies was a little rough, yeah he chased Melo after that suckpunch, (what good team mate wouldn't) but he didn't punch anyone, all he did was look like a dick on worldwide TV.

Reply #111722 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

With all that confusion, not one person had the time to think, "Here's a free chance to pop Isiah in his bloody annoying mouth"

Reply #111725 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

i'd buy that for a dollar

Reply #111734 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

totally agree with ya Glen..... totally sick of listening to Isiah.

Reply #111745 | Report this post

The Worm  
Years ago

Anyone else think Nate Robinson has little man syndrome?

Reply #111747 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Completely agree , he's a loose cannon

Reply #111755 | Report this post

" ...he was restrained after going for Malik Rose in the showers."

Talk about team bonding!

Seriously, it was a hard fould but I'd hardly say Collins started the fight.

More Nate than anyone...

And Melo deserves every damn game of that. If the 2 were shoving each other round and in each others faces and them Melo took a swing, 15 games would be excessive... But you just can't have a high profile player doing something so gutless and cheap as sucker punching a rookie while he's being restrained, and then running away.

Reply #111767 | Report this post

Knackers  
Years ago

Carmelo has the punch and run routine down pat, I've never seen someone run backwards so fast. Might have to look at getting carmelo a gig boundary umpiring the AFL.
Carmelo = drama queen and a sook

Reply #111768 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I'd have given Mello another 10 games for even bothering to get into such a confrontation with such a horrible, awful, f*cking useless team as the Knicks. Goddam they suck!

Nice bit of work from Collins too, given that he was only on the floor for just over a minute.

Reply #111818 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

A few things to come out of this IMO:

1) Melo can't punch for s*it, it was a b*tchslap!
2) Both Team's Benches Players would have been cheering for the 1:11 they got to play which leads to
3) They get more court time in the next few weeks!

Reply #111831 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:07 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754