lockstock
Years ago

Cheap Shots at Clubs on this Forum

Time for my whinge....
I don't know about everyone else, but I am getting tired at people taking CHEAP SHOTS at SA clubs on this website. Anytime a club is mentioned, some moron has to take the opportunity to post crap, followed by someone from the club responding and it turns into a slinging match.
I don't think this is good for the game in SA and makes us look like a bunch of idiots sometimes. Who has the ability to hold back on these types of posts?
Can't we all just get along?

Topic #9810 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I agree. Not being involved in club-level basketball, I can just shake my head in disappointment, but I can imagine how frustrating it must be for others.

From now on, people doing this may be randomly blocked from accessing the forum at my discretion. So, if you want to post a pointless, negative, anonymous snipe at a local club, realise that not being able to read or respond on the forum could be the penalty.

Reply #112116 | Report this post

I don't like the anonymous cheap shots at particular players.

e.g http://hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/9429/#111650 post (#111539)

i guess people are jealous or something.

Reply #112124 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Does this mean I can't bag cheezeburger and the Atlanta Hawks?

Reply #112132 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

doc, I think you should be banned if you don't. =]

Reply #112134 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Correct Bizzy. Running jokes in good spirit (Cheeze's Hawks, my array of automobiles, rats at the Dome, Ben Fitz jacking up shots, Reesy and Dusty being tightarses, etc) are welcome.

Comments such as that pointed out by ELG are exactly what I do NOT want to see on the forum.

Reply #112135 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

How about personal shots at other forum posters?

I think if you dont hold enough intelligence to debate a point without making a personal attack, you should be deemed not intelligent enough to be able to access this forum.

Reply #112138 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

"Running jokes in good spirit (Cheeze's Hawks, my array of automobiles, rats at the Dome, Ben Fitz jacking up shots, Reesy and Dusty being tightarses, etc) are welcome."

So feel free to have a running joke at me about either my taste in music or about blonde North girls!

Reply #112153 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

90% of the comments about North girls are from you. Since when has anyone tried to stop that?

Reply #112154 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

But yogee, what would Hoops SA be without you?

Reply #112176 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Im sick of it to...and im not even associated with any particular district club. But to see "Forrestville are sh*t" or "Centrals are gay" annoys the hell out of me. Its just immature people please get over it and if your going to do it, get off our site.

Reply #112178 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

"So feel free to have a running joke at me about either my taste in music or about blonde North girls!"
- Matt Ryan

So what is on the latest mixtape, Matt? I haven't seen you post anything about that lately.

Reply #112182 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yeah I agree, stop giving me sh*t!!!
:-)

Reply #112183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This coming from a person who started a thread saying "Are Sturt and Eastern sinking?"

Can you say hypercrit!

Reply #112189 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

here we go, trust an anonymous to take it that step too far....

Reply #112192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There were no cheap shots in Panther's initial thread on Sturt and Eastern. It was the nuff nuff's who posted afterwards who started the cheap shots.

Reply #112193 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Hypercrit.. is that some form of over-energetic nay sayer?

Reply #112194 | Report this post

The Worm  
Years ago

Isnt that what kills superman?

Reply #112196 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I thought a hyper-crit was a raccoon with ADHD??

Reply #112208 | Report this post

Isaac, MUM  
Years ago

(Mod: Baleeted.)

Reply #112211 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

i think its time for a Bunny with a Pancake on its head for "Isaac MUM.." !!

School Holidays .hmmm..

Reply #112213 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Good call Skyhook... time for the rabbit and pancake photo.. or maybe the 'you suck at the internet' picture.

Reply #112215 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

I hope this also applies to the cheap shot artists who consistently make post about sacking Phil Smyth.

Reply #112227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Ryan, have the blonde north girls worked out you're stalking them?

Reply #112232 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754