Isaac
Years ago

36ers: The Road Home

Was taking a look at the 36ers' schedule from here. Not a single easy game that you'd pencil in amongst them and it should make for a very challenging finish.

H Dragons
H Wildcats
A Tigers
H Taipans
A Wildcats
A Breakers
A Kings
H Bullets
A Slingers
H Tigers
A Dragons
H Taipans

Worth remembering that the Taipans have Damon Thornton coming in as their second import, and the Wildcats will have Damien Ryan a little settled in by the time we next see them.

The Dragons game this Saturday night is vital. We must win all of those "possibles" from now on.

Twelve games left - how many do you think they're likely to win?

Topic #9812 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

H Dragons - Must Win
H Wildcats - Should Win
A Tigers - Crap
H Taipans - Should Win
A Wildcats - Slim Chance
A Breakers - Slim Chance
A Kings - Slim Chance
H Bullets - Slim Chance
A Slingers - Should Win
H Tigers - Slim Chance
A Dragons - Should Win
H Taipans - Should Win

I think we will win about 6. Which should hopefully be enough to sneak us into the playoffs.

Reply #112143 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Dragons at home and the two Taipans at home games are winnable. The rest are all very tough games. Hopefully the team has 'gelled' by now.

Reply #112144 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, I hate being a doubter, and this team could definitely do it, but other sides will be looking at these same games as must-wins. I think even 6-of-12 is optimistic.

Those Taipans games will be especially interesting.

6-6 from here would make us 14-19.

Reply #112145 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I agree. Although I think one of those slim chances will come good for us and we will probably drop one of those should win games. I think the 2 key games will be the Dragons game this week, as it will give us the series against them, giving us a slight boost.
And the final game against the Taipans.
I would put money on it now that for us to make the playoffs, we will have to win that last game.
Which just brings back bad memorys of our last game last season. But, that is 7 weeks away. Bring on the Dragons first.

Reply #112148 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Must be in the festive spirit Skip. I don't see how the Taipans games are "should wins" and Perth too.

Dragons are marginal too, maybe even Slingers away as they seem OK at home.

At best I think we will win 3 or 4 from here in.

Reply #112152 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Doc - Why shouldnt they be 'Should Wins'?
Cairns havnt been that convincing this year. They have only won 2 more games than us and a few of those are thanks only to Catt in the dying seconds.
As for Singapore, yeah, maybe they havnt bee easy beats at home, but they are 2nd Bottom for petes sake!! If that isnt a must win, then we might as well write the season off now.

Reply #112163 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, they have an average road record, but they're about to add another import remember.

Reply #112169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers will lose 10 games and might win 2. Look at the table and see who they play. All the teams they play bar the dragons are now winning. The dragons could destroy them this week, lets hope they do, then it will be 0-12. Go all bar the 6ers.

Reply #112198 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I dont see why anyone cares if we make the playoffs. its not as if we have a chance in hell of winning the title. I mean id love to think we do but we just dont!

Reply #112207 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If anyone watched the Bullets/Dragons game last night, you have to ask the question what difference does it make if the Sixers make the top eight when they have to get past a team like the Bullets or the Tigers in the playoffs for the final. If they couldn't beat Wollongong last night, they are not likely to win many more games from here on. Up until now, they have struggled against the lowest teams even if they did win. They beat Sydney in Sydney which was great but Sydney are not the team they have been in the last 4-5 years. While a win is a win, it did nothing to prepare them for the tough teams in the league.

Reply #112265 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

My take on Skip's outlook:

H Dragons - Must Win (agree)
H Wildcats - 50/50 at best
A Tigers - Crap (agree)
H Taipans - Should Win 1 of 2
A Wildcats - No Chance
A Breakers - Slim Chance
A Kings - Slim to none
H Bullets - Slim Chance (agree)
A Slingers - 50/50
H Tigers - Slim Chance
A Dragons - 50/50
H Taipans - Should Win 1 of 2

So whilst I would like to be optimistic and think we could win 6 out of 12 (which would still be a poor year), I expect we can only get about 3 to 4 games.

Reply #112284 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754