KingJames
Years ago

Is Erin Phillips playing against Bulleen?

Anyone know if she will be playing this weekend?

Topic #9822 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah I here she broke a nail

Reply #112290 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Good one idiot!

Reply #112291 | Report this post

lil monkey  
Years ago

Totally agree KingJames, if people can't say anything nice don't say it at all, just shows insecurity in the person posting.

Reply #112292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is her extended holiday over already? Not being insecure, just trying to s*** stir.

Reply #112296 | Report this post

know it alls  
Years ago

yeah i agree kingjames.
erin is one of the best players australia has seen, and i dont know how anyone could dispute that. and whats the point of saying something just to stir up trouble, especially if you dont actually mean it.

Reply #112307 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Just ignore that clown. So does anyone know if she will be playing?

Reply #112319 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Isn't it amazing...all the people who want to hang shit on someone like Erin dont have the balls to even put a name to their post.

Gutless wonders.

Reply #112330 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

I believe she is. WHat I cant believe is the negativity that has surrounded Erin in the recent week.
By all accounts the only things this kid did wrong were
"A" to seek advice about an injury outside the club... I have been involved in sport at the highest level for a long time and I know plenty that do it and have done it myself.
Tough players like to be tough. They dont like to admit they are fallible. Erin is super tough.

"B"- Playing in what you lot perceive as being a game that was not important. Performers like to perform... they like to see the stats... they like to dominate... Erin likes to play. No-one can convince me otherwise.

"C" has asked for an extra day off training to go to Ivan's 21st in Melb with her family. ONE DAY....
And I am damn sure that she has earned enough credit points to be allowed that.
The kid trains harder than any member of the side. Puts in hour after hour... and is a very team orientated player. I doubt she would ask for anything willy nilly... ONE DAY??
Did Sam not miss 2 massive away matches and is captain for her brothers wedding? and I am damn sure she'd have missed a session or 2 as well.

Get off the kids back. She should be someone we are very proud of.

Reply #112332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What I find amusing is the fact that no other woman in basketball cops this type of critisism... what does it truely say for Erin. It is only obvious what she is like. Sure, a percentage of the comments posted are just people trying to stir the pot. Though the other part of the majority know what they are talking about. It wouldn't be said otherwise. You never hear people dogging players like LJ, Screeny, Summerton, Foley, Tully... etc etc... so doesn't that tell you all something.

Reply #112336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is the first time she has really copped it. I haven't noticed articles in the paper questioning those other players like that though. Where there is smoke there is fire. The comments in this topic are just little jokes anyway.

Reply #112337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Macca.. also, basketball is a team sport so if "credit points" are earned they are earned collectively and the whole group would benifit.. none of this "she trains harder than anyone and deserves it" WHAT IT THAT? Please... the 'kid' is a good basketball player, not as good as her mind playing though!

Reply #112338 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

So Erin is playing mind games?
You reckon?
Ok...how is that? Are you saying she is using her "status" to get what she wants??

I actually take a step back and agree completely with your reference to the "team" coming forst and foremost. However I do think that there are special circumstances for matters.
I severely doubt Erin has absued her "position" within the team to dog a training session...
I do believe that if someone gives a heap to their training and slugs it out 99.9% of the time that there is some slack given because you know they will appreciate and not abuse the priviledge.
Who is it that does the interviews with KG and Cornsey... week in week out... who is it that fronts up? I have seen her at numerous charity functions.... you've got to admit for awhile there she and Laura and Screeny carried the side off court with their promotional activities and willingness to help the community.

Reply #112349 | Report this post

borat  
Years ago

many are forgetting sammy woosnam took a weekend off recently for her brothers wedding

crucial games v townsville and sydney

so erin wants to go to ivan's 21st
go for it

she has been away for months this year

Reply #112355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the question again, why does she cop the cristism and others don't? Because the truth sometimes slips through the gaps.. simple!

Reply #112393 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

Me thinks those that like to let the so called "truth" spread.. spread it tinged with a LOT of GREEN Envy.
We all screw up, none of us are perfect, we all have little things we do that isnt seen as totally toeing the club/side/office/family line.
The sign of a good tight group is keeping things in house. Not putting yourself above it all and finding some sort of SELF B.S. satisfaction in spilling the beans on a team mate. Working for each other to help each other through.

Whoever chooses to talk out of "house" is the weak link in the side and the side wont survive successfully with such weakness.

Reply #112398 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Whole heartedly agree Macca.

There is no way Erin should be copping what she is getting on here, but then we are talking about the forum that even turned on Brett Maher earlier this year.

Typical Adelaide tall poppy syndrome really.

And by criticising the best player we have seen in an Adelaide womens basketball uniform for a few years now, it is a great way to encourage them to stay here. Not that Erin would take a great deal of notice of the bitchy comments here.

Reply #112407 | Report this post

Kay  
Years ago

Erin, come on down to Sydney - we would love to see the sparkle and enthusiasm in a young and up and coming player......anon must have been a truly great player to put down such an exciting player, that yes brings the young kids into the court!

Reply #112922 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754