Anonymous
Years ago

Please Help the Sixers

Can someone please help chip in too buy this team some heart? Tonights performance was woeful. When Ingles was on the fast break he should have been challenged, not just allowed to get the open dunk.

Timmons should have been on the court to guard Rosell "I have only One-Move" Ellis. Ellis just backed our guys down and span for a lefty hook, at least when Timmons guarded him, he couldn't even move him. Isn't that the reason we got Timmons?

AJ should have been left on court. I think I have got Phil's subbing system worked out. We'll sub the player with the hot hand or the player making the team better.

I will again say we should not have lost this match. We need to learn to set hard screens, put Ingles back in his place, I mean for goodness sakes he was laughing at us.

Anyone disagree that this team needs to show some heart and kahunas?

Topic #9833 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Ingles Dunk, I think Farley was thinking about contesting it, but may have/probably ended up on a poster!

I was going for the sixers, but that one made me get out of my seat.

Reply #112418 | Report this post

KOBE24  
Years ago

I totally agree. Weak effort all season.This weekend would've set the team up for a possible playoff birth. Every team around us lost (Dragons by 32!!!), it was the chance to makeup ground. So many areas the team is bad in, but one obvious one is that Nick Horvath doesn't get the basketball. He was/is clearly the tallest and strongest out there but doesn't get enough shots. Tough pill to swallow this season. I hope Phil Smyth isn't around next year, not trying to start some huge Phil discussion (its all been done before) but for me 9-10 years has been enough for him!

Reply #112435 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

At least it will be all the more sweeter when the Sixers play well again next season.

Reply #112440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I constantly don't understand why Horvath doesn't take 20+ shots.

He is clearly our best scorer/player.. he's scoring at high percentage (last night he was 9 from 10), yet someone like Farley is taking all the shots and not converting them (5 from 19 shots last nite)

I believe if Horvath was taking 20+ shots a game (and converting them at a consistently high percentage) we would have won more games than we have

Who should take responsibility here?

Reply #112447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Coach and owner, and send Willie the feck home.

Reply #112448 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

That's why they haven't improved up until now and will not for the rest of the season. The same arguments have been put forward since the beginning of the season. Either the coach and players are not listening to the fan's criticisms or they are stubborn and will not change their disastrous ways. If the question was raised early in the season as to why Horvath is not getting the ball more and making more shots, why at this late stage has nothing happened to change that? I had high hopes for the team of the previous 2 to 3 years but have given up completely this season. The frustration has turned into anger as to why they are not performing better. They owe it to their loyal fans and the fans have the right to expect better. This is a team that created excitement before the season began because of the amount of talent that they had. Where is this talent when its needed?

Reply #112456 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

BTW Isaac, I know you are going to copy and save this last post to rub it in my face at the end of the season when the 36ers win the championship, but I am honestly not convinced that there is a likelihood of that happening.

Reply #112457 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think you'll be safe on that one EC!

Reply #112460 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

'This is a team that created excitement before the season began because of the amount of talent that they had'

I don't remember too many people being excited!

Reply #112480 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I do remember people saying 'There goes my 300 odd dollars again'!!

Reply #112482 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

Anon #112448

? how is the owner responsible for this, he inherited the issues and only just got the right to take over serveral weeks ago, its not like he can make changes to the team now without pissing money down the drain by paying current players contracts out, then theres things like salary cap that would also stop him doing this

Reply #112491 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Thomo is right. He inherited the problems when he brought them. He only officially started as the owner of the Sixers a month ago and he hasn't been able to do much yet. What he has done is got in contact with Timmons and in 1 day, he was in Adelaide. That was the very first thing he could do. He is ALREADY targeting players and knows that South Australians like to see South Aussies play for the Sixers. This is what BASA and Phil have not done previously.

Hemmerling isn't the one to blame... Yet.

Reply #112559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he will be if at season end he doesnt get rid of Smyth, but i agree too early to criticise him

Reply #112562 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

i to want to see smyth gone, but isnt he contracted for next season,

if thats the case is adelaide in a position to pay his and sb's contract out reportedly worth as much as top player in a team each,

if they can they should if the cant afford it yet, they shouldnt

bit of a catch 22

Reply #112567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't inherit when you buy! Your eyes are wide open when you pay cash for a team. One of two things has happened, either the owner placed too much faith in the judgement of others or he was looking past this season to the future.
Sentiment plays no part in business so changes will occur and if he has done his homework it shouldn't be too hard to pinpoint the areas where those changes will occur.
What chance another license in SA or was that part of the deal to keep it a one team town.

Reply #112590 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754