Years ago

coaching Smyth vers. Heal

Was Smyth outcoached by Heal last night on his own court ??

Topic #9837 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes

Reply #112476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How? didn't see the game.

Reply #112478 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Heal called at least one time out didn't he?

Reply #112481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends on if you believe coaches make players or players make coaches and if everything has 'use by date' or not.
From a players perspective some guys you go the extra miles for and some you don't. Comes a time though your intensity drops because you might have heard it all before or you just don't believe anymore.
From a coaches perspective,I don't think many would say Phil is a bad coach. I think some question his tactics , lack of TO's etc and who he has let go and why, which opens him up to questioning about his coaching ability and is par for the course.
If he had been 50-50 or 70-30 up most would say he was still the man but the lack lustre season by the team highlights phil's renowned laid back style which now is seen as lack lustre too.
Is this side good enough and should it have made the 8 is the first question to answer honestly.If the answer is no, then look at the players. If the answer is yes, then you have to look at the coaching staff.
When you have an answer to the above you can forget about if he was out coached by Heal or anybody else and make up your own mind on where next for the 36ers.

Reply #112483 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Heal out coaches Phil and out plays the Sixers players.

Sad.

Reply #112485 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

phil only calls timeouts every 4-6 weeks so he can give his team maximum time to gell

Reply #112493 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Well I do not think anyone would know why he took Mastro off when he was red hot - not sure if he actually knows actually

Reply #112528 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

squid that was the icing on the cake of a season of bad decisions by Phil, i still cannot fathom why copeland and ng where out there in the end and not AJ and Timmons

Reply #112538 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Breheny said after the game that they didn't get it right by giving Copeland too much time and Majstrovich not enough. He admitted they made a mistake in judgement.

Reply #112542 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

so SB admitted the mistake, good on him but the buck didnt stop with him hes the Assistant

Reply #112550 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm not entirely sure, but I think SJ has a strong say in the rotation - from memory, he calls the subs.

The surprise in that is that earlier in the season Copeland was left on when shooting poorly and didn't pick up for the rest of the game. If anything, you have to appreciate that Lanard is either on or off.

Reply #112632 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:05 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754