G-Funk-Era
Years ago

Dragons vs Tigers (Possible Spoiler)

Just curious does anyone know the scores as it seems that the NBL live scoreboard has gone down.

Topic #9854 | Report this topic

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Oh ok scoreboard in back online

Reply #112594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dragons win by 13.

INgles with 28, 5rebs and 7 assists - fair effort!

Reply #112597 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Ingles just continues to get better and better, I'm thankful he is in my Dream Team..........

Reply #112598 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Makes me feel better about the loss to the Dragons on the weekend when top teams like the Tigers can also go down to them. Goes to show we may not be too far off the mark to beat some of the better teams. Just takes a good effort over all 4 quarters. For all the Heal baggers, he may very well have the last laugh. The team has improved immensely since he took over the head coach role.

Reply #112605 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Whilst I don't like Heal what he's done with the Gons is pretty good. What I like about them is their attitude, something that has been lacking in Adelaide this year.

Just imagine what would of happen had Abney done to a Dragon what he did to Hill. Much different story....

Reply #112614 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Yeah, the Dragons have a lot of heart and determination. That why they beat the Tigers, the Tigers are more talented but the Dragons wanted it more.

Reply #112617 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I agree - that passion can carry a lesser team further. In the case of the Dragons, I think they are following the lead of their coach. Remember that they were 0-5 under Price and have improved notably since.

Reply #112633 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

I think the toughest thing for Price was it was the opening weeks of a new franchise in a league he hadn't seen a lot of, and he was trying to get it right. I think given some more time, he may have been able to do it.

I would also like to see what Heal would have achieved with that team in the first few weeks of the new franchise.

Reply #112639 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Also look at it from this angle...
First game-No Heal,no Burston, playing in NZ...only went down by 6.
Second Game-No Heal or Burston, playing Sydney in Canberra 3 days later against a Sydney team playing well, with all their players. Lose by 26.
Third Game- 2 weeks off from last game,against Wollongong, Heal's first game back, 5-15 FG%, 0-7 3PM, 11 points. Go down by 9 points (6 players in double digit points).
Fourth Game- In Singapore 4 days later, Heals second game back, 7-18FG, 3-9 3PM, NO ASSISTS! Down by 8 points (Again 6 players in double digit points)
Fifth Game- 4 days later in Melbourne against the Reigning Champs, Heal finally has a decent game, go down by 20.
Price was never really given a decent shot and to be sacked after 5 games was ridiculous. Heal was simply biting his time to get rid of him.

Reply #112642 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Disagree. I have the feeling that players did not respect Price's coaching ability.

You can make excuses like those for any loss - e.g., Heal played poorly against Adelaide and the Dragons won. He went 1/6 FG against the Tigers and they still won without Burston up against the tallest team in the league.

Price reportedly had no passion. Heal, everyone knows, does. Compare the records.

I'm surprised that you, of all people, are arguing against my point that passion and attitude can boost a team.

Reply #112646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What you say is correct Isaac, but it is also an amazing coincidence how Heal miraculously became 100% fit when he took iver as coach.

Reply #112649 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Great atmosphere and good to see more than 9,000 people at a game - It's been a while!

Ingles was a one man wrecking crew, Tigers really struggled to contain him, none more so than D-Mac, a man who can normally pick a youngsters pocket any day of the week really struggled tonight and was really rattled by the ref's (thus a Tech going his way early on).

Reply #112657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know how much support was there for the Tigers?

I think a lot of people went there after the cricket and just wondering if anyone was at the game or knows anyone at the gamethat might be able to answer the above question.

Reply #112664 | Report this post

defensive stance  
Years ago

Yep, I was at the game last night, The Tigers had good support as you'd expect in Melb. Maybe as high as 1 in 3 going by the reaction when the court announcer was pumping up the supporters.

Ingles was sensational - you have got to love watching this guy. Great technical ability, vision, hands.

His first past in to the key for an easy power up (and assist to Ingles) was pure power.

Two other highlights. A great catch and shoot deep behind the 3 point line in the 3rd quarter from an inbound pass with nothing on the clock ...net. Then a fade away over Dave Thomas in the 4th .. he must have great core strenght to make a shot like that.

Heal gave him praise straight after the game "this kid is going places" and I see in todays papers the Goorg and Heal were talking about Ingles during the week.

Looking forward to seeing him play against the Taipans in Geelong.

Reply #112671 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Heal did NOT remarkably become fit when he took over and he still rests himself through games quite a bit.

Price was treating his job like he was here on a summer holiday. Did no individuals, no video work. My God, the guy hardly turned up to training. You have NO idea if you think he could have achieved what they have under Heal.

NOW....Could they have achieved it under Molloy and Ninnis WITHOUT Heal? THAT is a different question. AFter the Tigers win, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. As KB says, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reply #112718 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Without Heal as coach, possibly. Without Heal providing some leadership on court, etc, I doubt it.

They're short, they're down their only centre, they had a 0-6 handicap to start the season. Like Perth, I rate them as a team getting results above their paper value. Perth have chemistry and defense, Dragons seem to have passion and defense, IMO.

Reply #112725 | Report this post

damrob  
Years ago

Photos from the boxing day game are now online at www.damrob.com.au

or direct link

http://www.damrob.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=38102

Reply #112731 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754