Clark Kent
Years ago

NYE 36ers v Perth @ 6PM

NYE game was changed by 36ers management to 6pm on NYE to allow people to go out post game.

I believe there will be no post game/New Year's celebrations either.

What do people think about this?

Considering we've had NYE games since the dawn of the Summer Season this might be a good idea but I still think most fans have had enough of the concept and would rather no bball on this night.

Current 36ers form would not be encouraging fans to come out against a Wildcats team on fire either.

Topic #9859 | Report this topic

TP  
Years ago

I think they should keep the game on, but I agree with no post game event. I've stayed on for twice and I didn't really rate it. No one really seemed into it.

Reply #112667 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The post NYE game functions that I have been to not all the players attended anyhow.

Scrap it I say. Let the players spend this time with family and friends.

Reply #112669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There will be nothing to celebrate anyway

Reply #112673 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Wish they would scrap the idea. Just hope that the Admin side read the opinions on this forum and don't put there hand up to host it! I'd much prefer a Boxing day idea.

Reply #112676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like this years idea to have it early so you can go out afterwards, but in general I dont like the idea.

Boxing Day that is a great idea Nino - make it a marquee game, it would be great to be an afternoon game, but it would clash with the cricket - and afternoon games (sunday) have never worked - but I loved them.

Reply #112697 | Report this post

kdog  
Years ago

scrap it scrap it scrap it scrap it

Reply #112702 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I actually really like it. Ive never gone to one of the NYE games but I have always lent out my ticket for the last 6 years to my parents or friends of mine's parents. We now have 3 people with season tickets comming with us because of how much they enjoyed the NYE game.
I think it should be continued and people take my advice, go out get drunk and let someone else enjoy the Bball. Aslong as numbers are up why why not have it.
Its also great for families that want to avoid the drunken crowds around but want to take their kids out to something different/special.

Reply #112723 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If ever the post game celebrations are to be scrapped, this is the year to do it in. Everyone who will be going to the game are expecting a loss, so who wants to stick around after the game and celebrate there. Better go drown your sorrows somewhere else. As far as allowing the players to go off and enjoy it with their family and friends, it makes no difference either way. They don't stay around. They believe they have better things to do than to celebrate New Years Eve with fans. Before I get an ear bashing about the ones that do stay after the game, to be fair 1 or 2 have, the others all disappear as quickly as an icy cold beer on a hot summer's day.

Reply #112735 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Correct EC. Just another sympton of the culture that has pervaded this once great club.

Reply #112832 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

And so the players should leave. Would you work New Years Eve without extra pay just to please someone, while pissing off your wife. Never cross the wife!

Reply #112877 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe give up the occasional NYE, but asking the players to stay year after year is a bit much and I don't blame them for wanting to leave.

Reply #112890 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

anon #112877, I wouldn't call it work, I would call it staying back for after work drinks with your workmates. I don't ask to be paid if I stay back an hour to enjoy a drink with them. Work is what they do on the court during the game, they do get paid for that. As for pissing off the wife by working on NYE, the same goes to the spectators with partners who do not follow the basketball. I have not enjoyed a NYE with my partner for the last 4 years.

Reply #112919 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

what sort of crowds do you get on NYE games?

Reply #112926 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:58 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754