Anonymous
Years ago

Darren Ng........thoughts???

Personally think he needs to go to! Great player at ABA level but hasnt made the transition to the big league despite numerous go's! Pure shooter but thats it......to light and cant defend!!

Topic #9876 | Report this topic

Mutley  
Years ago

He might be one of those guys who is kind of an in-between type player, one who is too good for the ABA, but not quite good enough to consistently perform in the NBL. Paul Bauer was like that too. As for his not playing defence, he's not the only one in the Sixers' backcourt.

Reply #112819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont get me wrong you can see that he tries hard on defence, probably harder than anyone on the team!! The problem is he is too light and just gets overpowered by every player!!

Reply #112821 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

you can be strong and light but he's not

Reply #112838 | Report this post

Skudpud  
Years ago

I think he needs to go, he is just to small for the game. He tries and has put in ome big efforts, but in the end he generally gets pushed out of the way.

Reply #112879 | Report this post

Tripod boy  
Years ago

Another Nathan Hawkes will hang around forever but won't do anything!!!!

Reply #112889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He belongs in the NBL but only as a guy who comes off the bench. Someone who will play approximately 15 minutes a game.

Getting rid of him is not the way. I'd take him over Copeland or Timmons because he'll be around 4 a while.

He's not a superstar but still a spot for him with the 36ers and the NBL

Reply #112903 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Will he want to hang around though? He's getting paid peanuts and to cop constant criticism all the time when he can go off and play doctor for considerably more dollars, you could hardly blame him.

Reply #112946 | Report this post

Natho  
Years ago

so frustrating to watch, thought some of his electrfying aba form would have translated over to the big league by now...ABA is more suited to Darren Ng M.D.

as for his brother suiting up, well.....

could find a better player at tuesday night social, lets be honest

Reply #112989 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

His a hell of a shooter.....id take him at Perth off the Bench

Reply #113020 | Report this post

Years ago

Leave Darren Alone,,, hes really good if u give a chance,,,, Phil doesent play him enough to him to show u how he plays. no offence phil..... I know hes great... no wait he is great.....

Reply #113027 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Darren's output when playing more than 15 MPG:

Top five in the team in scoring despite limited minutes, 5th in the team from the field, 3rd from the line and 2nd from the arc. Smart, plays within the team, etc. I think those things make up for the size he gives up.

I'm not at all unhappy with him coming off the bench for the team.

Reply #113036 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

he may be a good shooter but when you get pushed around like a rag doll its never going to work. Im tired of seeing him run behind the high picks just to see his man create a shot for someone else or nail it themselves, Not only him( sutton is the only one to work through them and stay with his man)
His rotation D is terrible as can not cover anyone other then the point and at some stages his tendency to get back out on the smaller guys is creating open looks for the bigs inside. I also think he doesnt help the team d as a unit as they would be looking to help him out in the back of their mind if rotations occur.
he needs more of a killer, no fear attitude and be willing to cop a battering but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Reply #113062 | Report this post

Pitstop  
Years ago

Don't know which Ng you are watching but he puts his body on the line all the time and does not get an umpire's whistle. He gets quite physical in D as the ball is carried forward often stopping the flow of his or someone else's player. Good basketball sense and fast....and great quick offensive passes to assist his team mates.

Reply #113064 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

i am pretty sure the vast majority of teams in the league would find a spot for Ng in their rotations .
Various roles and time allocation sure , but he definitely has something to offer .
Maybe we need to switch up defensive tactics and principles when he is on the floor to blanket some of the perceived weaknesses and shortcomings .
Also farley gets jetted as much as ninja but most on this forum are aware of this , a few blind loyalists excluded .

Reply #113069 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I think hes one of the last players we need to worry about in the rotation. As long as he keeps developing at NBL level he will become a good contributor.

And who said he can't go to the gym and put on some weight?

Reply #113195 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:53 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754