me
Years ago

36ers v perth, what chance next week?

I have seen very little on the NYE game..other than woohoo we won. My question is, was it a well planned, well organised revised team that payed good ball and is a genuine team. Or was a it a freak night, Willie actually played, team "gelled" and the opponents had an off night.

As i will be going to the game in Perth..and will be the lonley 36ers voice in the crowd again..should i go with my hopes up for another win, or do i expect another "off night"?

Topic #9916 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

None!!!!

Reply #113284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask Phil Smyth, wont get a clear cut opinion from all the 'experts' on here!

Reply #113304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chances of a win?? Nil, None, Nada... I think it is Mision Impossible!!!

Reply #113308 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

People said the exact same thing this time last year when we went over there. Especially when Maher was a late withdrawl and Brad hill stepped up to start.
We ended up winning 116 - 100.
Brad hill played his best game yet and Willie played a blinder.

There is always hope.

Reply #113313 | Report this post

flames_87  
Years ago

perth were playing thier 3rd game of the week...we had like 9 days off prior to the new years game. perth played a tough game the night before as well...as well as travelling...yes we won...but perhaps its not as good as what most people are suggesting??

Reply #113326 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Perth won't lose 2 in a row.

Reply #113329 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Skip, this time 2 years ago was the same thing. I attended that game with my daughter and we were the only 2 standing and applauding on the final buzzer and leaving the stadium smiling with our heads held high. Let me tell you it was a fantastic feeling. How can anyone say its impossible when its happened several times. The odds are not in the 36ers favour, but with the right conditions, they could easily grab it.

Reply #113331 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

How is it flames 87 blames Perth's loss on 3 hard games, but when the 6er's have had just as hard if not harder games so close together people on here whine about the excuses being made if the team even mentions that fatigue might have been a factor.

Reply #113333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont worry skudpud, if we lost it would have been because we were to "rusty".

Reply #113335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

went to the NYE game, was my first for the season... man was that shit ugly. The NBL has gone down the drain, no kidding. If the 36ers expect to win up in perth playing that kind of basketball they have to be kidding themselves. It was so scrappy, open players not wanting to shoot, UNABLE to shoot more like it.

If perth had even the slighest amount of intelligence it would have been a blowout in their favour. Rogers and the other big guy were carving inside. Adelaide's interior D was non existant, save for a few flops here and there. They shouldn't make that mistake again.

Reply #113352 | Report this post

Mike Hunt  
Years ago

if thats ya opinion maybe your 1st game should be ya last.
2 Teams played D Fence for once making it a tight contest.
Some how intellgence is going to over come Travel and Fatigue nice one!
As for that other big guy carving us up on the inside Justin Brown
had 6pts 8 rebounds. mate talk about carving us up.
Possibly Cooper had a better game 14pts 8 Rebounds 4 Blocks.
Perth are 1 Rodgers Ankle sprain away from a losing streak.
Go 6ers lets hope these 2 teams can continue to be UNABLE to shoot.

Reply #113355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooper played twice Brown's minutes!!

Reply #113360 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Because Brown was quite sloppy and got himself into foul trouble quite quickly.

Reply #113364 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754