Concerned
Years ago

Lions ABA women

Heard a whisper from some club people that Centrals are struggling to fill and womens ABA side for the upcoming season. Any one know if this is true?
If it is I think they need some help to get a team together as no womens ABA team means no mens ABA (correct me if I am wrong). Yes I know a lot of people on here don't like the club that much but I think it would be a disaster for ball in SA if this is true.

Topic #9937 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some people are S I M P L E.....

Good idea, create uncertainty, rumours and post it here so anyone looking at coming to the club don't because they are not sure if there will be a team or not. What ideas/help are you thinking you will get here? If you read this numnut's post keep in mind that he/she may not be from the club or not on the committee or anything like that.

Like all anonymous posts treat it with a grain of salt and dont read much into it.

Reply #113513 | Report this post

Pimp Seller  
Years ago

Yes, its that time of the year again. Im starting my own thread for this one.

Reply #113514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the best of my understanding that is right. However for SA only. There are interstate clubs who have only a men's or women's team who compete in the ABL (I believe).

However in terms of for the club is certainly is important that they do get together a team capable of playing at ABL level, not only for the men's team but for the good of the club as well. Not having strong seniors severely depletes the junior ranks, as better junior players move to other clubs before playing seniors. Its a catch 22. I think that although Centrals have a good pool of players geographically to recruit juniors from, keeping seniors in this area is difficult (moving closer to town/uni/work etc.), and enticing people to move or travel that distance on a regular basis is also difficult.

It is in the best interests of the league generally to have a competitive level across all teams, however finding people from other clubs/BSA etc. who have the time/inclination to be able to assist others is not as simple a concept. Understandably everyone wants their club to be as good as it can be, and if this happens to be to the detriment of another - its too bad. I would be the same.

Reply #113515 | Report this post

Concerned  
Years ago

ANON - 113513

I am actually from the club and am deepley concerned if this rumour is true. It has actually come from someone involved with the Junior program.
It was have massive ramifications for the club as a whole I believe.

Reply #113528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Concerned, until you post your name you have no integrity, are just a rumour monger, no one can validate what you are saying.

Go and talk to the President, Senior Coaching staff or someone that KNOWS. EASY, get the facts and then its no longer a rumour. No need to ask the question here.

I personally think, my anonymous opinion, it would be better not having a senior Div 1 womens team than one that's going to get thrashed every week. I dont get the rule of HAVING to have a men's AND women's team in Div 1. Give the Women a week off when they play Centrals. However, I am anonymous and just like COncerned would not place too much credance in my opinion.

Reply #113530 | Report this post

joe blow  
Years ago

then could get the state to play like they do in netball,give the young a change.

Reply #113537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its interesting, u are all hounding this person but none of you are conferming if there will or wont be a team next year. makes people think that concerned is talking sence

Reply #113542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

joe blow,

Most of those State players ae already playing for their clubs!

Reply #113543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

113542, the problem is some rumours are self perpetuating. If you don't understand what that means go and ask you Mummy or Daddy.

Reply #113544 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Doesn't this rumour appear every year?

Reply #113545 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

#113530, how can you say "Concerned, until you post your name you have no integrity."?

Umm, from what i can see you are Anonymous... A bit hypocritical

Reply #113557 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Maybe this link from Basketball SA's website might be the key to this rumour.

A new Coach just advertising for players, doesn't seem to me to be anything wrong with that!

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/fs_newsitem.asp?id=68487&orgID=9&Oname=Basketball+SA&O1c=6&O10c=12

Reply #113559 | Report this post

Years ago

113557 = agreed
AND
113559 = agreed

Reply #113561 | Report this post

know  
Years ago

what about sasi player then, it would be good for centrals, for state and the clubs when they come back.

Reply #113568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

know,

SASI players in the girls would be over committed as they train and play with their junior teams as well as having State to worry about. In the girls the top 3 or 4 players already play ABA, while in the boys the SASI team would get smashed by 80+ each week.

Reply #113574 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

concerned, I am really sick of you always coming on here, starting rumours about the demise of one thing or another at centrals.

If you were from another club I may have some idea why you would want to tear another club down, but when you say you are involved with the club then I really dont know what to think.

Do you feel you are doing YOUR club a favour by speading all these negative rumours? Seriously, its like telling everyone one of your family members might have aids but you're not sure because you haven't asked them.

This isn't the first time you've done this and you are obviously unhappy with the club for some reason so maybe its best you move to another club, or maybe, try the novel idea of asking someone at the club if these rumours are true instead or airing any dirty laundry you can on a public forum.

VC fan

Reply #113595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have herad this to be ture. They are struggling to fill a team for the new year just have a look they don't have a team for the 1's in the off. Also I have heard this from someone involved in the senior program

Reply #113630 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

it's not like it's a well kept secret that the womens program is struggling at centrals look at the female junior side of the club they will be struggling for about a decade but as long as ricky is happy then everything is fine!!

Reply #113792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the fact that centrals women are struggling to field a competitive team is not new news. Has been going on for many seasons.
Not stating facts here but heard they are looking into recruting/ joining with a uni team?
Anyone got news on that. Would be a good move for them. I don't think that the club trying to survive on having a mens team and no womens team will be helping anyone.

Reply #114438 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754