Take Luck
Years ago

Block or goaltend?

Ok tonight, i got this massive pin, where my opponant was on a fast break and i stuffed it in to the corner of the ring and the backboard where it jamed in.

Now everone is telling me that it was still on the way up so it was a clean block, but some of the other team said it had left his hand, so it was the right call. now one of the parties dont no the rules, and im sure its not me.

but if i am wrong, im happy to take that onboard.

just wondering if neone can clear this up for me?? cheers

Scarp!

Topic #994 | Report this topic

Billo  
Years ago

If their argument was that the ball had left his hand then clearly that's wrong. The only thing I can think of is if it was still on the way up but had already hit the backboard, in which case it's goaltending. It's feasable that you could jam it between the ring and board after it had already hit the glass, but unlikely. Sounds like it was probably a legit block.

Hope this clears it up.

Reply #11027 | Report this post

take luck this may describe your shooting style, but to answer your question it depends if the ball was above or below the rim and by the way hammer and andy's opinion don't count.

Reply #11042 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

it doesnt describe my shooting style from last night!

Reply #11052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how arrogant do u have to be to start a topic about something you do and then continue to talk yourself up. chump.

Reply #11133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its a good topic... clearly being a ref and all it was a block!!!

Reply #11141 | Report this post

travellin' man  
Years ago

on the way up - block

as long as you did not come in serious contact with the ring or board.

please make note - there is goal tending and goal interference - ? think I spelt that wrong ???

Anyway - your accout leads to a block - jump ball for a jammed ball - with possession to whoever.

Reply #11156 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

"It's feasable that you could jam it between the ring and board after it had already hit the glass, but unlikely."

Not that we would actually know what that feels like hey Billo?

Reply #11276 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Feels good!

Reply #11286 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

My oppinion doesnt count well I say it was clean.

bare in mind Kill that we only had one ref and who knows what that bloke was seeing

Respect.

Reply #11289 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754