skip
Years ago

Sixers @ Tigers live now

Just did a quick check of the odds for this game...

Head to Head
Tigers $1.16
Sixers $4.75

I know we certainly ain't favourites to win this game, but was a little surprised at the difference here.
Im gonna chuck a redback on em.
Anyone else gonna risk their $$$ on the sixers?

(Mod: Thread moved up to become live game topic.)

Topic #9944 | Report this topic

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

I reckon its worth a shot

Reply #113588 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might be worth getting on the game total if it's low enough, or trying a multi covering a Tigers win and game total if you aren't confident of Adelaide winning.

Don't do what I do though - everything has lost for me this week!

Reply #113589 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

offtopic but some guy won $480 betting shane warne would be top scorer for the 5th test at odds 48/1, I say iff the odds are bad thats the best time to bet!

Reply #113593 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Good opportunity considering the Tigers will be tired from tonight's game in Wollongong and travelling back tomorrow. In tonight's game with 2 minutes left to go, they are not exactly making a killing either. Perhaps they're not as strong to win it tomorrow night as what the bookmakers make them out to be.

Reply #113599 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tigers out to an early lead, up 12-5.

36ers went with the usual starting group of Maher, Farley, Majstro, Horvath, Cooper.

Majstro hits a three. Tigers 14-8.

Reply #113644 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

4mins left in the first, Copes with the intercept, pass to Maher for the attempt at layup, got pushed by Anstey and nearly gets T'd up for the reaction

Reply #113645 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

End of the First Quarter,

Tigers have the lead at 29 - 26

Maher is leading the scoring for the Sixers with 6 points.

Tucker with 7 for the Tigers.

At the end of the first, Tigers have already committed 7 turnovers.

Close game so far, rather biased commentary on SEN (to be expected) but sounds like its a good game to watch.

Reply #113646 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Timeout - Tigers

Sixers are leading by 2 and Westover is PISSED!!

Reply #113647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here is the radio feed if you'd like to listen
http://www.sen.com.au/index.php?sectionID=5398&pageID=5402

Reply #113648 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

timmons 13 points aye

Reply #113649 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Ninja just out rebounded Anstey!!!

Sixers up by 4 with about 3mins before the half.

Reply #113651 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

16 ponts timmons

Reply #113653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixer + 6

53 - 59 (just before 1/2 time)

Reply #113654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Half time

Tiger 53 - Sixer 64

On a 16 - 6 run just before half time.

Game is 'Live' on

www.sen.com.au

Reply #113655 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

64-53 6ers at 1/2 time

Go 6ers!

Reply #113656 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Sixers up by 11 at the half, closing the 2nd with a 16 - 4 run.

Timmons with 16, Maher with 9, Copes with 8 and 4 assists. Nash is having an ok game with 8 points, 6 boards.

Tucker with 14points, Anstey with 6points 5 boards.

With some of the most biased commentary I've heard in a while, the SEN guys are providing some entertaining coverage of the game.

tune in to the second half with the live stream at:

http://www.sen.com.au/index.php?sectionID=5398&pageID=5402

Reply #113657 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Great radio feed.
I love Gaze's .....
"NI-NG AT 6' 1" JUST OUT-REBOUNDED ANSTEY!!!!"
*Funny!!!!

Reply #113658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers 69 Tigers 57

3rd Quarter

Reply #113659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have we got a rebound this quarter???

Reply #113660 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

6 rebounds so far according to NBL live scores

Reply #113661 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

this guy is a noob.... he goes 81 73 the dragon s trail by 8 what a tool

Reply #113662 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

sixers lead 90 - 83 with 9mins remaining...

Reply #113664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

27 to Marcus Timmions

Sixer 93 - Tiger 85

Reply #113665 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

CMONNNN 36ers !!!!!!

Reply #113666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brett Maher with a step back

Sixer up by 8

Sixers 95 - Tigers 87

Reply #113667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

99 - 87

Sixer up + 12

Reply #113668 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

up 13 with 5 mins to go....

Reply #113669 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Go NING!!!!!!!

Reply #113670 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

FARLEY WITH A BIG 3!!!!!!!

16 point lead and a tigers timeout....5:14 remaining

Reply #113671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did you hear that they just called him nung.

Reply #113672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5:04

Sixer + 17

Reply #113673 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anyone know if there's been anything wrong with Horvath. He is having a very quiet game. As for Timmons, he is on fire.

Reply #113674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4:25

Sixer + 21

Maher for 3.....yesssssss

Reply #113675 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

go the 36ers....dare we dream??

Reply #113677 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

anstey sitting...tigers are gone!

Reply #113678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

112 - 89

Sixers are on fire, Tigers have given up....we are home. SEN are now making excuses

Reply #113679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

exactly what i was thinking me!!

Reply #113680 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Not everyone can score 20+ each night - Melbourne's frontcourt is loaded, so understandable why Horvath hasn't had a big scoring game. Our guards have carved it up tonight.

Reply #113682 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

its all ours baby

Reply #113683 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

well..im real glad ive got my tickets for the wildcats game here in perth next week :)

Reply #113684 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Boti's article was pretty spot on.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21016547-5006371,00.html

Reply #113685 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

game over..WE WIN !!!!

Reply #113686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring on the Wildcats next week.

Reply #113687 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

SIXERS WIN!!

WOOOOO HOOOO!

Reply #113688 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

wish i had have gone over for a road trip, it would have been great - we will have to wait for the report from dj

Reply #113689 | Report this post

Andrew Gaze needs to wake up and face the reality that the Tigers lost because the 36ers played better on the night .

How weak to continue to talk and talk about the Tigers being tired because of the travel back from "the Gong"

Frankly speaking, while it was nice to be able to listen directly via SEN.com. au,Andrew and his mates needs to learn from Peter Walsh how to present basketball on the radio !

Reply #113692 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What a result! Not a last gasp win, but a solid and consistent performance.

Smyth says in the Boti article that he thinks Melbourne are the best team but they have lacked intensity recently and it was a perfect chance to catch them tired and ill-prepared.

Reply #113693 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

So did you win any money Isaac?

Reply #113694 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

i picked up a lazy $90 woohoo

Reply #113695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah the tigers paid a lot of attention to Horvath and not enough attention to Timmons, Maher and Farley

Reply #113697 | Report this post

Andrew Gaze needs to wake up and face the reality that the Tigers lost because the 36ers played better on the night .

How weak to continue to talk and talk about the Tigers being tired because of the travel back from "the Gong"

Frankly speaking, while it was nice to be able to listen directly via SEN.com. au,Andrew and his mates needs to learn from Peter Walsh how to present basketball on the radio !

Reply #113699 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, didn't get bets on in time. Shame as I would've got the win and the game total.

Will get something puny from the Taipans beating the Breakers in five minutes unless they do something miraculous, but that's a small consolation.

Reply #113700 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

what a win, good solid performance by the look of the box scores including nash, and timmons has shown his worth

Reply #113701 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

taipans v breakers into overtime

Reply #113702 | Report this post

rnadom  
Years ago

what site do you go to , to view and bet money ??

Reply #113703 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

Reply #113704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You Beauty!!!
$92 for my $20!!!
Go Sixers!!!!!

Reply #113705 | Report this post

rnadom  
Years ago

seriosuly wat is a website just wanting to have look to see odds on other games

Reply #113706 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I use www.centrebet.com.au

Hit "basketball" in the sidebar. The odds for games usually come up during the day that they're played. You can bet on various results, totals, player performances, etc.

Reply #113707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doesnt appear to be nbl on that site though , or dont i see it

Reply #113708 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The odds for the championship won't appear as or just after games have been played. Odds for future games won't usually appear until the day of the game.

Check in the middle of a game day and odds will appear.

Reply #113709 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

did any of the posters here go to the game ? would be interested to hear about the stuff the box score doesnt show

Reply #113710 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DJ was there. Said that the 36ers got up in DMac's face early. The game was apparently a sell-out, so it would've been good to beat them in front of as many of their fans as possible!

Said that Smyth was booed for substituting Timmons out twice after he'd just hit shots and was obviously hot.

Reply #113713 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

cool, hopefully DJ wouldnt mind posting a "his view" game report

thanks

Reply #113714 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

I won $475

Go the sixers

Reply #113715 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

Seen a lot mentioned about the game and in particular how well the 36ERS shot in this match.

Interesting to note checking the stats that both teams shot a reasonable % from the field.

Adelaide 51%
Melbourne 50%

Three Point % is high for both teams:

Adelaide 46%
Melbourne 45%

(Must be noted that Adelaide shot 16 from 35 while Melbourne made 9 of their attempted 20 shots.)

Also note the FT numbers. While Adelaide shot at 89% to Melbourne's 71% the 36ers only got to the line 9 times; while the Tigers had 21 FT attempts.

You would think that Adelaide's 35 shots from behind the 3 point line would have a lot to do with this.

In the end the 36ERS pressure defence causing the Tigers to commit 22 turnovers to Adelaide's 15 and our ability to hold Anstey and Dave Thomas well below their season averages clearly the difference in this one.

Reply #113724 | Report this post

Gators  
Years ago

I went to the game with some mates. was a awesome game. Have not been to a sixers game in a while so it was well overdue.

The stadium is small for a Melb stadium but the facilities seemed ok.

Was a furnace, not sure if there was any a/c in the building. It was required because last night was a stinker :)

Timmons worked hard the whole game so it was expected that he be benched after being in the middle of a few big plays. The rotation was pretty good. Hell it worked.

The scoreboard - again bad for Melb standards. It shows all players for both teams and how many fouls each player has committed. Unfortunately it does not indicate who is on the floor or more importanly, how many points each player has posted.

My mates (mainly footy fans) were disgusted at the amount of Tigers fans that were walking out midway through the last quarter. They failed to understand how they can be loyal supporters.

Reply #113725 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Gator said - My mates (mainly footy fans) were disgusted at the amount of Tigers fans that were walking out midway through the last quarter. They failed to understand how they can be loyal supporters.

Unfortunetly a common thing among all aussie sporting clubs it seems. Certainly the sixers have their fair share each week as well that make their way up the aisle with a few minutes still on the clock.
No one is a bad as crows fans tho, having seen well over 100 games in just about every state in the country, I can honestly say that regardless of winning or losing, many Crows fans care more about being first out of the car park rather than seeing their team first over the line.
I've always been of the belief that real fans stay to the end regardless of the score.

Reply #113726 | Report this post

Gators  
Years ago

Skip - agreed

My friends and I all live in Melb (because of work) but are from Adelaide. Unfortunately we do not go to many sporting events (adelaide in melb doesnt happen too often, and when it does it doesnt always meet everyones agenda), so something like ppl leaving early was a bit of a shock.

The crowd in general were good sports though. We had a bit of fun yelling out positive remarks about the sixers. No one gave us dirty looks, a couple people would chuckly so it was all in good fun.

Reply #113727 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Skip - "real fans stay to the end regardless of the score." - couldn't agree more.

Good to see that the Tigers finally sold out their tiny stadium. The thing is, 3,500 is great by Tigers standards but for the Sixers that would be a rather disappointing crowd. It's a real pity that the Dragons Vs Tigers game has to be played at the State Netball & Hockey Centre because it only holds 3,500 and there would have been another 8,000+ crowd otherwise.

Reply #113728 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I'm here, I'm here :-)

OK all firstly WTF?!?! That was just stupidly crazy and unexpected.

The Sixers shot the lights out of that thing whenever it was required, sure the stats show a pretty even shooting percentage, but trust me the shots the Sixers were hitting were shots that normally just wouldnt fall.

The game started off with the Tigers running away REALLY early and compounded by the fact the Tigers crowd claps until the opposition scores it was someting like 11-2 and not looking good.

Farley was one angry man and got up into D-Mac's face, really seemed to rattle D-Mac than Phil subbed in Ninja who spent all night hassling the ball upcourt.

Timmons put on some flashback shooting display which I'm sure the entire crowd enjoyed ;-)

Anstey was very slow and out of it (more on this in the other thread).

As for the Tigers turnovers most of them came just from bad passes and not much from the Sixers part.

Sixers offense was unbelievable, well just the shots that they were hitting really, defense wasnt crap but wasnt all that great - if they Tigers ever decided to post up perhaps the game would have been a whole lot different?

The unlikely lineup of Maher, Farley, Maj, Nash & Timmons (Damn that is SMALL) actually worked, a stroke of genius or pure stupidity with some lucky Hot Timmons hand? Who knows.

As for Phil subbing Timmons, the first time was understandable cause he'd been out for a while, but the second time HELL no, the guy has just hit a three, than backed it up with a great drive/foul and than nailed another three, the Tigers had no answer for his face up, pull up jumpers. Plenty of crowd jeering for some more Timmons action.

All up a great win by the guys, gives us a nice push for retaining that 8th spot and if they can capture that kind of shooting form regularly, who knows what could happen.

Reply #113732 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

thanks DJ for taking the time for the write up

good to see some of the Boys who have copped shite all season play good games

Reply #113747 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sorry its not more in depth - still in awe LOL ;-)

Shame it wasnt on Fox...

Reply #113762 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Benj, your real name wouldn't happen to be Nick Xenophon?

Reply #113765 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

no, he's burt whaler ..

Reply #113777 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Wow!

What a game i went too! There was good Sixers support and i was just amazed. Sixers started off slowly and passes continued go astray for the Sixers and the defence was lazy at the start.

Then Timmons came in.

Shot...YES!
Shot...YES!
Shot...YES!

He was never going to miss. He got wacked and shot it almost on the ground and he still swished it! Timmons was on FIRE! 27 points... GEEZ!

Maher was missing but Farley was killing the Tigers, intercepted a few passes and stole the ball of the Tigers too many times to count and did one HUGE dunk that was freakish!

Then late in the fourth, down to 2 points the differnce, Sixers hit some threes through Timmons and Maher came to the party hitting un-defendable shot and then Farley hit a three from WAY downtown!

Unbelievable match that i went too. Simply AMAZING!

Reply #114305 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754