Kelly
Years ago

Saturday night

I think the biggest problem with crowd numbers is the fact that the game is played on a Saturday night. I know football is played on a Saturday night, and I know a lot of families go to the game, and I know that its the way it is...

But still, if it was on a Sunday afternoon, weekday night (more Wednesday games?) or Friday night would the crowd numbers increase?

I know all of my friends would love to go to the basketball but there is always something else on on Saturday nights.

Topic #995 | Report this topic

Kelly  
Years ago

Though...

I suppose that is up to the NBL, not the Sixers.

Reply #11050 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

When the NBL first moved to a summer season, it had Sunday afternoon games.

They did NOT work, as people preferred to be at the beach / bbq's etc before being at basketball.

Weeknights dont really work that well (due to people having to rush home from work, rush dinner then get to the stadium). Saturday nights are normally fine.

I dont know what you and your friends do on a Saturday night, but surely 10pm isnt that late to be going out?? (Most nightclubs havent even started going by 10)

Reply #11062 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Well the games finish around 9:30. Most clubs open at 9. I had free tickets to heaven which is the most popular club in town and went straight after the game last week. We were about the second group of guys in the door.

Don't see how going to a game on sat is a problem. My problem is what to do in the time between the game and going out.

Reply #11075 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

You either want to go to the game or you do not.

Reply #11076 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If silly excuses like that are enough to keep you away from the game, chances are you wouldn't go anyway. You can't be that passionate about it if you'd rather go to the beach instead of a game.
The beach will always be there 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. Who cares when the games are scheduled if that's what you want to do most.

Reply #11078 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bad attitude kids. She's talking about trying to get new people to the games.

I had 4 spare tickets to the game tonight. We called a number of people but they had 21sts, dinners, other prior arrangements, all that kinda stuff on. Saturday night is pretty competitive for getting non-basketball people along to see what it's like (which we try to do all the time).

I'm not saying that it's not the best time for games, but that it is difficult to get newcomers to come to a game when it clashes with other events.

Reply #11100 | Report this post

Kelly  
Years ago

Thank you Isaac, yes, that's exactly what I mean.

If you're only trying to target people who are passionate about the game, then you're not going to get far.

Reply #11139 | Report this post

auslot  
Years ago

i can relate to that. i had corpaorate box tickets for the game against the breakers. found it very difficult to get someone to go with me. its very busy around this time of the year.

Reply #11432 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754