Anonymous
Years ago

NBA MVP RACE

Hey all, not sure if this topic has been started or not so far for this season, if it has forget this thread. My bad. Personally i think steve nash will make it 3 straight, his stats are up again on last year and the suns are firing. I would like to see dirk nowitzki win it this year, i think he was a bit stiff not to get it last year, and after watching his game today i think he is a more then appropriate MVP. Making a stronger case for him is the performance of the Mavs, currently holding a record of 26-7 or roundabout? Thoughts. Once again sorry if this topic already exists.

Topic #9952 | Report this topic

Chewy316  
Years ago

Kobe has to be the MVP this year. He is leading the team without Odom and is dishing out more assists and is always looking for the pass, rather than the shot.

Reply #113652 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It's a little early to be talking MVP, but I think a smokey may come through, and I'm going with Gilbert.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nash three-peat. He's having a phenom of a year.

Reply #113690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nash has his best pts stats yet, and is above his assists count per game from last season. If Nash throws his best stats up this season, in theory he should get it. But a three-peat? that would put him up with all time greats like Bird... hmmmm, a little early, but Kobe hasn't really impressed me yet

We'll wait and see

Reply #113696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe a smokey with billups

Reply #113698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TR suprised you did not pick Bogut.
Why is it early to talk MVP?

Reply #113716 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

We are around 30ish games into the season, the all-star game hasn't been played.

Nash goes down with a dodgy back, Kobe blows his knee again, Carmella (after his biatch hit and run) sucks after the addition of AI, Yao rebreaks his leg (sorry DC), the Wizards suddenly suck more than usual and blow the playoffs hence Gilbert's stock suffers.

Too many curve balls for the rest of the season.

Reply #113723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hate to say this, but Carlos Boozer has to be a chance. His stats are good enough and the Jazz are just behind Dallas and the Suns with 24 wins. It would surprise me if he maintained it for the 82 though...

Reply #113730 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Why do u hate to say it?

Reply #113733 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I'm with u TR.... Gilbert looks good. Nash may go 3 peat and Nowitzki is up there. Carlos Boozer. Hopefully he can keep it up me being a Jazz fan. Kobe.. What a tool. He hasnt impressed me at all yet.

Reply #113734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AK-47, I mean I've never really liked him and always thought he was a second tier player. I still think Tim Duncan is twice the player he is, but Duncan is being used in a different way now by Pop - his minutes are down and he is taken out the game early when the result is in the bag.

Can't deny Boozer's stats though, and the Jazz certainly look legit. You can still get very good odds on them too.

Reply #113737 | Report this post

a person like boozer will never get it. MVPs are always a face of the league. Kobe, nash, shaq, iverson etc. I don't think dirk will get it. his team is too good without him. heres hoping for Nash to do a 3 peat. Chamberlain, russell, bird... nash. has a nice ring to it.

Reply #113739 | Report this post

And boozers not even Utahs best player. Deron williams is

Reply #113740 | Report this post

Kobe hasnt impressed you yet ak-47? LA are missing odom and are still sitting pretty. kobe has easily shifted between his passing and shooting roles. he's even more unguardable than last season. this is probably kobes biggest chance of his career to win the MVP

Reply #113741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh maybe so, i was just beginning to like Kobe again after all the rape stuff that went on with him and then he goes and has a shot at Arenas who bagged 60 on his lakers saying that he has no conscience etc. If anyone has no conscience its kobe, u cant score 81 if you have a conscience. This really put me off him again, made him look like an arrogant you know what. never the less he is a great player, but i dont think he will get MVP this year.

Reply #113755 | Report this post

Richmond Oilers  
Years ago

Nash 3-peat, Suns too Dominant

Reply #113759 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah I agree even if Boozer had a cracker of a season, he won't get it. They only really look to the superstars.

Nash is actually playing better than last year and his team is doing great so he would be hard to vote against.

I would like to see Arenas win it, but that will take Washington winning ALOT of games and Arenas basically dominating from here on in. He has played awesome so far too.

And someone ALWAYS says Kobe should get it. I think this is because he is the most talented player in the league in terms of one on one moves. So some people think if he can work anyone, he should be MVP. I think until Kobe can show he can work well with his team mates over a long period of time, people won't vote for him.

Reply #113788 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Dirk is constantly improving so I'd like to see him get the MVP and his numbers arent to shabby either look out for dark horse Josh Howard. at the moment it looks a one man race and its steve nash

Reply #113868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No question Jason Kidd will be the MVP. Hes having a great year, he is almost averaging a triple double and he is constantly getting triple doubles for the Nets.

Reply #115033 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754