anon
Years ago

Lets get on the sixers

All the doom and gloom but phil has the boys up and firing as heading to the real season- play offs - what is best possible finish - i reckon 6th spot not out of question - big wins perth now tigers - wins bring confidence true believers are with you phil

Topic #9957 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Anon, speak for yourself. I am certainly a true believer, and think this team is only just starting to get to the point where they should've been all season. I am not 'with' Phil Smyth though, he has underachieved with this team, but I am 'with' the likes of Brett Maher!

Reply #113744 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

hey kobe 24 - if team is beginning to achieve as it should and we expect surely credit to phil - i mean team doesnt perform he wears blame team beginning to gel and now phil underachieving - regardless team appears to be on the move upwards which is the way it should be better performing and looking like improving more as heading at this time of year - front runners early might just be starting to tire

Reply #113746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be perfectly honest, why should it make such a difference now for people to proudly show support for the 6ers? Granted they are beginning to surge and hopes are getting higher - but a loyal supporter, a true lover of the game should be proudly supporting the team remembering the season for what they did achieve and the development of players.
See the glass half full, not empty.

Reply #113753 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

They're done and dusted playoffs or not.

Reply #113775 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

What kind of a supporter says that their teams done and dusted when there is still plenty of the season left? Especially when they're team is playing themselves into some form. It's great that you have so much faith in your team Graeme LeBroy, your some fan (insert sarcasm).

Reply #113803 | Report this post

SIXERS WIN!!!
I love Phil Smyth he is the best coach should be coaching the boomers

SIXERS LOSE
Phil what a bum he should be canned he has really lost touch with the modern players

SIXERS LOSE
Really slumping now boy play with no heart look at Farley out there playing O with no D in sight...If Phil was any good he would fix it cut the old bring in the new

SIXERS WIN!!!
Phil is the best, Sixers players really play with passion and determination a class act all the way!

SIXERS LOSE
Phil what a waste of space only used 1 timeout and lost to a weaker team way to go phil, jackass

SIXERS WIN!!!
What a great team we have go sixers!

SIXERS FANS on the hoops.com.au site.
you are fairweather bandwagon idiots that should be ashamed of yourselves

Reply #113811 | Report this post

Vicky Pollard  
Years ago

Yeah, But No, But Yeah, But No, But Yeah, But No, But Yea But it doesnt matter what you think anyway, because I've heard that your fanny goes sideways!

Reply #113820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go get your airplane strip waxed

Reply #113822 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Ok I'll bite on that one......

I have been critcal of numerous things this season to date, and I stand by my comments that up until now the Sixers team has at times looked dissinterested, passionless and stale. Numerous comments have been made by myself (and many others) that it looked like something was missing and the team was just going through the motions - Wilie Farley was probably the standout in this regard as he was playing ordinary ball and seemed to have at times an 'oh well who cares' attitude. Comments I directed towards the coaching staff asked why Phil seemed to be doing nothing to change the situation, whether it be give someone a rocket, have some tough 'punishment' trainings or even just have a week off - go away as a team hit the piss and have some fun together!

Its possible that Phil and co were infact working their asses off behind the scenes but to the standard supporter it didnt seem that anything was happening and all we got were the same old cliched excuses. All I wanted was someone to stand up and say enough is enough - we are playing like shit and we are doing XY and Z to try and turn things around.

If this makes me a 'fairweather bandwagon idiot' then I suppose Ill just have to wear it! I personally would like to think of myself (and most of the other posters on this website) as a pasionate supporter of the club - but one who refuses to accept anything less than 100% effort from the entire team/organisation when they are representing their club

Reply #113826 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Vicky Pollard- LOL!

Reply #113827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is one of the greatest turnarounds in all of sports. The sixers are back in town, I never doubted them for a minute.

Sixers for the championship!!

Reply #113829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sixers are far from being championship contenders!

Sure, they've won 2 games against decent teams, they're in the 8, they've played well but let's see how the rest of the season goes first!

It's not even guaranteed that we'll make the finals yet.

I think they club will end up keeping Phil but in my opinion, only a championship this season should warrant him keeping his job.

Reply #113840 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If only a championship warrants keeping a coach, then 11 coaches will lose their jobs at the end of this season.

Reply #113866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The winning of the championship to retain a coach doesn't apply to every single coach and team.. only the coaches that have performed below their normal standards they've set for themselves

You wouldn't sack a coach if he got his team to the grand final would you? But you'd hafta look at the Razorback's coaches position at the end of the season..

Same with Phil Smyth.. we might make the playoffs but has he really performed well as a coach? I don't think so.. only a championship can keep the fans and management happy this season. If we had a good season but still didnt win the championship, then i'd be all for keeping Smyth but we all know he has been below par

Reply #113876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:48 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754