Isaac
Years ago

Marcus Timmons' 300th game tomorrow

Looming milestone for Marcus Timmons - he plays his 300th NBL game tomorrow night when Adelaide meets Cairns at the Dome.

Boti has the story

Since Timmons joined the team, they've had a 5-2 record after starting 5-12.

For me, the 36ers have had a real gap between their worst and their best. One is downright hard to watch, but the other makes them a dangerous team - as a result, their expected fortunes shift so quickly.

What will happen to Timmons when Wheeler has recovered from his injury in two weeks?

Topic #9973 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldnt worry about it.......Wheeler will injure himself again!!

Reply #113888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wheeler: I think I'm ready to play again coach.

Coach: All right but you have to pass a fitness and medical test first.

Doctor (After test): Hey coach Wheeler is definitely ready to go

Coach: No I think you need to test him again.

Doctor (After next test): Wheeler is still weeks away. He needs monthds of rehab. He will not be ready for finals

Coach: Thanks doctor I will put him on injury waivers and let Timmons know his services are still needed.

Reply #113891 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Lets not get carried with one, what was obviously great shooting game, 1 rebound (boti says 10)no steals and no assists probably is a better reflection of where he is as an allround performer at this time of his career. I recall Darren having 24 points in Melb at a good clip, couple of weeks later he was anchored to the bench. Great that Adelaide is the place where the vets get a chence to reach career milestones. They certainly wouldn't have reached them anywhere else.

Reply #113892 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Anon, Timmons isn't exactly a 'all rounder', at his prime was a scoring machine. has only played 7 games with the 36ers, but no matter how this season turns, was a HUGE reason the 36ers beat Melbourne at The Cage. Big difference when you score heavily and lose, compared to when you score heavily and beat he number 2 team!

Reply #113893 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Was nearly THE ONLY reason the Sixers won that game!

Hit the big shots when needed and at a pretty nice clip.

Reply #113902 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Matt McQuade has tipped Adelaide by 9 points, pointing out Cairns' horrible road record.

Hard to disagree with his assessment, IMO. I reckon they'll get up by four.

Reply #113904 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Marcus Timmons looks like one of those rappers who feature in a girl artist's songs
eg Timbaland in Nelly Furtardo's Promisicuous
don't u reckon??

Reply #113945 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

And he did pull down ten rebounds

Reply #113946 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

thats fair random tom but he did only have 1 board

Reply #113948 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754