Fezlington
Years ago

Redd out with bad knee; Villanueva rehabs shoulder

This has to be great for Bogut.....more shots on offense

On ESPN's website today

MILWAUKEE -- Milwaukee Bucks guard Michael Redd will be out four to six weeks with a left knee injury, the team announced on Monday.

Redd, the NBA's fifth-leading scorer at 27.7 points per game, hurt the knee during the Bucks' 95-86 loss to Cleveland on Friday night. He strained his patellar tendon, which connects the kneecap to the shin bone.

After evaluation and further testing by the team's medical staff, Redd will undergo rehabilitation for up to six weeks.

A two-time winner of the Eastern Conference Player of the Week award this season, Redd is on pace to increase his scoring average for the seventh consecutive year. Redd also averages 3.8 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.3 steals.

Bucks forward Charlie Villanueva continues to nurse an injured right shoulder and also will not be available for Milwaukee's game in Denver on Monday night. After sitting out the Bucks' last two games, Villanueva received a cortisone injection in his shoulder on Monday and will be re-evaluated in another week, the team said.

Villanueva, Milwaukee's major offseason addition, is averaging 12.7 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists.

Topic #9977 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Bogut starts his opportunity with 0/5 FG in the first quarter against Denver today. Still, getting on the boards early.

Reply #113914 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

3/15 for the Game & Camby with 7 Blocks and Mo Williams hurt as well.

Mybe they could sign Sprewell as a Free Agent, he supposedlly lives in Milwaukee

Reply #113967 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

No way, Spree has been known to "choke" in Milwaukee!

Reply #113972 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Thats shit

Bogut

9pts, on 3 of 15
11 rebounds...3 offensive
1 assist
2 steals
0 blocks
6 fouls

Camby

19pts, on 8 of 15
15 rebounds ...5 offensive
3 assists
0 steals
7 blocks
1 turnover
4 fouls

Bogut better fire up soon or he may go down as a No1 Draft Flop

Earl Boykins is loving the Miller trade.....26pts, 11 assists in 41 minutes.....gotta love that from the pocket rocket

Reply #113977 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Sorry Fez, the number one flop is in a battle between Kwame Brown and Joe Smith!

Reply #113983 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

DB5 can't ypu spell Olowokandi!!!!

Reply #113988 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

All im saying is Bogut is gonna join em with numbers like that

I wouldnt say Joe Smith......he wasnt that bad

The Kandi Man for sure....im with u Who Me on that one

Reply #113995 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Kwame is actually showing some of the potential people thought he had this season until he went down with that ankle injury.

Trust the Zen master to find some game in Kwame, hell he's got Kobe looking to dish it off this season. Is there anything the Zen master can't do?

Reply #113997 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Fez, what is wrong with 9 & 11, especially when it's on a horrible shooting night?

If you had been paying attention to his play of late, you'd know that he has been playing great. In his last seven games prior to today's game, he has had 5 double-doubles, and in another of those games had double figure rebounding.

On top of this, during the Bucks 6 game win streak, he put up 15, 9 and 4, plus 1.5 blocks, and shot at a great clip too.

Not bad for a C who is far from the focal of the Bucks offense.

Reply #114004 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

im saying he was the focal point tonight with Redd, Villanueva & then Mo Williams out

He needs to perform

Big deal he had 5 or 7 good games

He needs to do it on a consistent basis

He was not worthy of the No1 pick in my opinion

Reply #114015 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

So Fez, you're getting stuck into Bogut on the strength of 1 bad performance (and it wasn't that bad, 9 and 11 - sure shooting percentage was down but this is unusual), but your reply to twenty four's comment about how well he's been playing in his other games lately is "so what, that's only 7 games". Your whole argument is based on one game!!

Your logic is ridiculous.

Reply #114022 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Fair call Who Me!
Forgot about Olowakandi....what a joke he was...

Reply #114044 | Report this post

ahh wildcats!  
Years ago

"Bogut better fire up soon or he may go down as a No1 Draft Flop"

Hah, he'd have to do alot worse from here to earn that cred - go Kwame!

I think Bogut was suprised he was allowed to take so many shots yesterday with sir hog redd and prince hogg villeneuva both not playin.

Reply #114047 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Under the coaching of Stotts the front court will never be a focal point of the Bucks
offence. Even if Stotts had Duncan, Yao and Lebron as his front court he'd still have no idea on how to utilise them.

Just remember that these number came against Camby, arguably a top 3 player as the best defensive centre in the league and year-to-year a nomination for Defensive Player of the Year.

Stotts playbook revolves around the guards and a fair amount of isolation play (aka get the hell out of the way of Redd/Mo).

All these injuries are going to do is give the Bucks more ping pong balls come lottery time and this draft ain't a bad one to have a heap of balls in.

No team can recover from having three starters out, and hopefully Bogut can pull his finger out and maintain his current play (bar the Denver game) and carry the team through.

To date, Bogut isn't in the league of Kandi and Kwame. Joe Smith has had a very servicable career.

Oh, Redd is out between 4 - 6 weeks and Mo is looking at 1 - 2 weeks.

My fantasy team sucks now. Mo is out, Paul Pierce is out and Gerald Wallace is out....

Reply #114051 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Yea i feel your pain TR.

I've got Redd, Paul and Melo on one of my fantasy teams.

Hopefully Bogut can step it up with all these extra shots. Camby is a pretty tough matchup.

Reply #114063 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Im not Billo

In his 34 games so far this year

13 games he hasnt scored in double figures...on the 15 Nov he had 0pts in 27 minutes, and only 4 boards in that game

22 games he has had less than 10 boards

Since last season his increased his points up by 2.3pts and 1.3 boards a game

There are people calling Joe Smith a hack........sorry to say but Boguts numbers are not worth of a number one pick

Reply #114081 | Report this post

the only thing the kandi man has done is get banged on by amare

Reply #114129 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Fez, look at how many shots he took in those games where he scored less than 10. He's averaged 7 in and outside of this last game, only once has he taken 10 or more shots.

Add the fact he hasn't gotten to the stripe in alot of those games(because, as said earlier in this thread, the Bucks don't know to use him) and it easy to see that it's tough for him to even get 10 points.

And in response to your rebounding stat, there's only ten, yes ten, guys who average double figure rebounding in the entire league. And Bogut is actually 21st in the L in that category.

So basically, your points are useless and don't contribute to this argument at all.

Reply #114174 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

24....do you believe he is worthy of the No1 pick in the draft?

Looking at his stats, i dont believe he is

Lets see how he goes today

Reply #114220 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bogut's draft class is average. The Bucks chose Bogut not necessarily because he was the best player in the draft, but he best fitted the needs of the Bucks at the time. Dan Gadzuric and Joe Smith rotated as the starting centre at the time. Larry Harris chose the best player for his franchise, and by luck that best player also happened to the best College player for that year.

Also remember that the Bucks weren't the worst team in the league by a longshot. They just got very lucky in the sweepstakes. If it was my Cats with the number 1, they were taking Paul. The Hawks were tossing up between Bogut and Marvin, they couldn't decide. The Jazz were always taking Deron.

At the time of the draft, the Bucks had TJ (no need for Paul or Deron, hindsight would be a beautiful thing) and it was a toss up between Bogut and Marvin.

Do you choose a 7ft centre that has been touted one of the best passing centres in generations, how can actually run the floor, rebound and score and was impressive in college and won a accolade or two with a tonne of potentioal OR do you choose a 6"9 powerforward that started on the bench and average around 12ppg but also has a tonne of potential???

In relation to this, leave the stats alone for a few years. Bogut has improved from his first year to his second, he now has a chance to lead for a few weeks and lets see how he carries the Bucks. It's too easy to look at the draft order and saw Bogut wasn't worth the 1st, but people don't look at the roster of that team. In this case, the roster determined Bogut as the No 1.

Reply #114229 | Report this post

Plus you're forgetting yao is only starting to show his number 1 potential. give bogut 3-4 years and see what happens

Reply #114253 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bogut has something for you Fez - equal team high 17 points, game high 18 rebounds and 4 assists today against Toronto.

Reply #114255 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL...i know Isaac

I loved it....thats what he should be doing night in night out

IMO, Paul, Deron and Marvin are probably more consistent than Bogut

Yes big men take a while to develop, for example Yao (and im a Yao lover).......but Bogut needs to pull his finger out and by season end AVG 15pts, and 10+ boards a game

but thats my opinion...lol.....What the hell do i know about bball....lol

Reply #114473 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

20 and 24 fez

Reply #114554 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I know......hopefully he has heard my cries for him to lift his game...lol

Good game today....but still no W for the Bucks

Reply #114611 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:22 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754