The Journo
Years ago

Should Timmons start tonight?

Should Phil reward Timmons' great effort against Melbourne and give him the start at the 3 tonight?

Topic #9991 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

NO.

It seems to be working with him coming off the bench. I say leave it at that.

I really like our current starting 5.

Reply #114100 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

NO NO NO!!

Reply #114101 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

No way, leave the line up as is at least until we drop a game...

Reply #114106 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Happy for either Timmons or Majstro to start. Both can get on the boards or hit from outside. If either starts, you still have the other who can contribute 15 points off the bench.

Reply #114107 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

yeah but if you start him in front of Mastro, who comes on when Horvath and Cooper come off for a spell?

If he started i think it could would be at the expense of Cooper and that would be a big mistake.

Reply #114108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Timmons has been told he is the frontcourt utility player. At any substitution he has to be prepared to come in for the 3,4 or 5 spot, so thus by his role definition he cannot start. A tricky veteran's role no less.

Reply #114110 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I would give him a start in his 300th Game - i dont think letting him have a burst early can hurt us that much.

I dont much agree with signing him or Wheeler , but he has proved an asset at times.

I did notice that channel 7 had to use a wide shot to get him on screen the other night tho' - my advice dont take any charges on him at training Darren ~he's large!!

Reply #114126 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754